Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Donkey Kong - Respect Your Elders
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:43 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi everyone - RipRoarRex here with another helping from my feast of new pics!

:D

And so falls another panel of 'The Great Unfinished Collection'...

Anyone who follows me on FurAffinity may be aware of this collection, a collection of samples from 15 pictures which were at that point incomplete. Picture three of my 'June 2012' batch happens to be teaser 12 of the aforementioned submission, though not without a significant amount of reworking. A frustrating cockup with my layers in the version shown was the reason for the piece being unfinished as such - and for well over a year, no less.

Despite the absence of any prior material in my gallery, I am very fond of ape feet, so Donkey Kong very much falls within my paw fetish radar. My single biggest attraction to ape feet is their gripping capacity, especially if they are gripping onto their other foot - with something, or someone, between them...

:P

As with the previous batch picture of Mike Wazowski, Donkey Kong was another character I had never drawn before. Thankfully his simplistic 'computer game' design made him reasonably easy to pick up, as was Diddy Kong as his little victim. I wanted to stay faithful to the original style, so I'm pretty pleased with the end product.

However, there was one aspect of my interpretation which did require some artistic license based on the original design - namely, DK's feet. I didn't want to give him realistic gorilla feet, but I also didn't want them to look purely like a second pair of hands, so I tried to create something inbetween - with a nice dollop of foot musk thrown in.

Aside from the initial ballsup with the layers, the most frustrating part of producing this picture was not drawing or colouring the characters, or even doing yet another jungle background. It was actually the construction of the images onto one page without making the details too small or cropping away half of each panel - a problem which is all too common in my experience...!

:x

So, after 18 months, there you have it - apologies to those of you who saw DK in my FA scraps and were patiently waiting for this piece! Still, at least I got there in the end, right?

:lol:

--------------------

It's not easy being young like Diddy Kong. Sometimes you can feel pressured by your elder, bigger relatives.

[Direct Link]

Attachment:
File comment: Donkey Kong - Respect Your Elders
DonkeyKongBigBrother.jpg
DonkeyKongBigBrother.jpg [ 639.66 KiB | Viewed 3533 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Donkey Kong - Respect Your Elders
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
I just see more hands. That's probably for the best. Primate anatomy is funky (kong)!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:12 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Yeah, it's just 'hands', but I do like how Rex likes to explore weirder angles of our desires. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Dinosorceror wrote:
Yeah, it's just 'hands', but I do like how Rex likes to explore weirder angles of our desires. :)
Sprotchymon wrote:
I just see more hands. That's probably for the best. Primate anatomy is funky (kong)!

The funny thing is, I do personally find a very strong distinction between ape hands and ape feet. They might look similar, but I kinda imagine the feet possessing a rather muskier, dirtier quality. Plus they step on things better than hands do.

:lol: Lol!! Gotta experiment sometimes!