Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cassie - Nine To Five
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:37 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi folks, RipRoarRex finally getting some more artwork finished. :)

No. Your eyes don't deceive you. Yes, it's a picture of Cassie. A new picture of Cassie. I repeat, a new picture of Cassie.

(I don't believe hell has frozen over, though it is pretty snowy here in England today. :lol: )

Ever since creating the new profile pictures for my characters during last year's website revamp, I've had renewed interest in those characters that I've somewhat neglected over the years. Cassie has probably been the most neglected - not counting her profile picture from November, I haven't drawn a proper picture of Cassie since... wait for it... December 2008.

:eek:

As I've explained before, there are a couple of reasons why I don't tend to draw Cassie that often. For one, I'm not confident in my depiction of female anatomy. And secondly, when I'm 'in the mood' for stuff of the feminine variety, I'm usually content to browse the swathes of material out there featuring human women. But every now and then, my furry female fancy comes-a-calling, and I felt it was about damn time I answered.

There's nothing particularly revolutionary about the concept of this picture - it's little more than the usual cliche of the office girl with stockings and high heels, but as I've said on several previous occasions, sometimes one can find comfort in a cliche. Especially a sexy one.

:P

Folks who saw my second instalment of the "Great Unfinished Collection" on FurAffinity a couple of weeks ago may recognise a segment of this picture. I started this piece in late January but it took me a while to get the angle right - needless to say, this type of panoramic vertical low-angle is a tough nut to crack, though I was relatively happy with the result in the end.

A few things I'm not 100% on - I never quite got the shape of the high heels right, nor was I ever convinced by the positioning of her legs and arms, and I still struggle to draw canine faces. I also had difficulty with her 'chest' in the earlier drafts but then came to the conclusion that if I were to draw this angle accurately, it would be hidden behind her legs anyway. The chair was also a bit of a pain - I based it upon my own swivel chair in my room and had to work from photographs for reference. Again, it's not completely accurate, but I think it works.

Even though I had written on FurAffinity last year about my desire to return to a cartoon style, I actually felt I needed to go all the way with this in terms of realism. I've done very little with Cassie and I feel like I've never really done her justice with a proper, well-executed fetish picture, so I put more effort into the shading and went a bit nuts with texturing. (For anyone curious, the fur is simply two layers of blended brush strokes - one dark, one light - and the stocking was done using a modified texture and a warping brush.)

As my Great Unfinished Collection demonstrates, I've still got lots of stuff in the pipeline, but as I'm still currently in the unpredictable position of looking for work, it's never easy to say how long it'll be before I complete another picture. I'm hoping however to have something more done in the next two weeks, so watch this space.

;)

--------------------

It's tough being a working girl, but thankfully Cassie has people working below her who can regularly relieve the stress of the nine-to-five.

[Direct Link]

Attachment:
File comment: Cassie - Nine To Five
CassieNineToFive.jpg
CassieNineToFive.jpg [ 428.32 KiB | Viewed 4183 times ]

(Alternative 'clean/non-musky' version available - click here)

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Cassie - Nine To Five
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:42 pm 
Species: Labrador Retriever
I'd just love to be stuck in one of those shoes....
Looks really great, RRRex!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:36 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Wow, Rex...that is just

i don't even

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm very very very glad you got in a Cassie mood again, this is an awesome pic! I wanna be in those shoes, too! She'll never know, right? :)

LublublublubLUBIT

:slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:44 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Very nicely done, RRR!

You're use of lighting continues to be bafflingly good - in particular that subtle sheen on the 'dark side' of the toes and the shiny footwear. The angle looks pretty damn flawless in this one, to my eyes at least.

Awesome work!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:26 am 
Magnificent Bastard
At first I was thinking "Shiftwork" by Kenny Chesney, but no. The best fit is "Stompa" by Serena Ryder.
As for your skill with female anatomy... there's nothing wrong with taking the Reverse Liefeld approach!
The only part of the 'sexy cliche' I don't understand is how the claws don't poke holes through those stockings.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Sprotchymon wrote:
The only part of the 'sexy cliche' I don't understand is how the claws don't poke holes through those stockings.

Shut up, that's why!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:47 am 
Andreas wrote:
I'd just love to be stuck in one of those shoes....
Looks really great, RRRex!

Heh - thanks again! :)

Dinosorceror wrote:
Wow, Rex...that is just

i don't even

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm very very very glad you got in a Cassie mood again, this is an awesome pic! I wanna be in those shoes, too! She'll never know, right? :)

LublublublubLUBIT

:slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper:

Oh she'd know. But she wouldn't complain. ;)

Heh! Thanks Dino!

Diablo wrote:
Very nicely done, RRR!

You're use of lighting continues to be bafflingly good - in particular that subtle sheen on the 'dark side' of the toes and the shiny footwear. The angle looks pretty damn flawless in this one, to my eyes at least.

Awesome work!

Thanks very much, Diablo! I possibly overuse that 'dark side sheen' but I like the effect. :)

Sprotchymon wrote:
At first I was thinking "Shiftwork" by Kenny Chesney, but no. The best fit is "Stompa" by Serena Ryder.
As for your skill with female anatomy... there's nothing wrong with taking the Reverse Liefeld approach!
Dinosorceror wrote:
Sprotchymon wrote:

Shut up, that's why!

Well at least I didn't dress her feet in "a big balloon"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG5v2udwOPY

;)

I must confess, the "Reverse Liefeld" thing is lost on me completely!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
I was hoping to not need to provide context via inline links, but perhaps this guy's notoriety isn't as... well, noteworthy on your side of the pond.
Rob Liefeld is a comic book artist who made it big in the 90s with a distinctive superhero style, distorting perspective whenever possible to highlight boobs and butts... and obscure feet.

Regardless, improvements to texture and anatomy are solid; she looks much less 'knobbly' than before. You're just our kind of superhero, Triple-R!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 am 
Sprotchymon wrote:
I was hoping to not need to provide context via inline links, but perhaps this guy's notoriety isn't as... well, noteworthy on your side of the pond.
Rob Liefeld is a comic book artist who made it big in the 90s with a distinctive superhero style, distorting perspective whenever possible to highlight boobs and butts... and obscure feet.

Regardless, improvements to texture and anatomy are solid; she looks much less 'knobbly' than before. You're just our kind of superhero, Triple-R!

Huh - that's weird, could've sworn I already replied to this a couple of days ago. Might not have submitted it properly.

It might be the case that Rob Liefeld is not well known in Britain, but given that I'm not really into comic books (at least not beyond the British comics I used to read as a kid), it might also be that he is well known in this country and I just haven't heard of him.

Either way, thanks for the explanation, and the comment. ;)