Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gar-Gantu-An
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:37 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi everyone, RipRoarRex getting my artwork ball rolling for 2013!

:D

I'm sure some of you here have seen my practice sketches of Captain Gantu from Disney's Lilo & Stitch over the last year or so within my 'Character Training Compilations' on FurAffinity (Volume 1 last year and, more recently, Volume 2). I've probably teased folks for long enough wondering what I was planning to do with him... so here he is.

:devil:

Considering how many furries seem to express their love for Gantu whenever he appears in fandom artwork, it's astonishing just how scarce Gantu fetish art is. It's even more surprising to consider that, for such a huge muscular character with massive pillars for legs and enormous elephant-like feet, there seems to be virtually nothing out there of him stomping on anything. I mean, come on, people!!

:(

Hence, my first (yes, first, as in number one with further numbers to follow ;) ) picture of Gantu seeks to fill that gap. I've never actually seen anything of Lilo & Stitch (films or TV), so I don't really know much about him as a character. As such, there's no real story behind this picture and nothing particularly imaginative about the idea - I just wanted to see such a sexy character doing some gratuitous macro rampaging.

:P

Kicking off my newfound philosophy of using a more simple style and not obsessing about my artistic accuracy (as mentioned in one of my FurAffinity journals over Christmas), I didn't worry too much about drawing this to a particularly accurate standard or bothering with much of a background. I wanted to keep it relatively quick and simple. I know the face and chin is a bit off, I know the perspective is a little wonky, and I know the whole thing is very empty for a city rampage scene...

...but, seeing as I'm not gonna give myself a hard time over that kind of crap from now on, I don't much care.

:lol:

As you will notice, there are two versions of this picture - one 'clean/tame' version and one with a bit of blood going on. Just click the link/thumbnail under the corresponding label to see the version you want.

Enjoy - oh, and more of Gantu on the way, folks... ;)

----------

Watch out, Planet Earth. A gargantuan Gantu has arrived, and he's developed a fondness for squashing little doggies...

TAME VERSION
[Direct Link]

Attachment:
File comment: Gar-Gantu-An [Tame Version]
GarGantuAnNoBlood.jpg
GarGantuAnNoBlood.jpg [ 280.02 KiB | Viewed 5288 times ]

BLOOD VERSION
[Direct Link]

Attachment:
File comment: Gar-Gantu-An [Blood Version]
GarGantuAnBlood.jpg
GarGantuAnBlood.jpg [ 281.45 KiB | Viewed 5334 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Gar-Gantu-An
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:17 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
You've done an excellent job of making him look heavy there - the squashing and compressing around that planted foot really gets across the weight factor!

Awesome stuff, RRR!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 am 
Diablo wrote:
You've done an excellent job of making him look heavy there - the squashing and compressing around that planted foot really gets across the weight factor!

Awesome stuff, RRR!

Thanks Diablo! You know me - I'm a sucker for conveying weight pressing down.

:P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
You once again captured the look and feel of the character very well I'd say. (Making the image very credible, graspable. As in, Yes, I buy that the character would look like this when doing such a thing, and I thus buy that they're doing it. As opposed to just drawing the character with the limbs in an appropriate position.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:46 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I am sooooo gay for Gantu, I swear. :) Awesome work!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:45 am 
Blue wrote:
You once again captured the look and feel of the character very well I'd say. (Making the image very credible, graspable. As in, Yes, I buy that the character would look like this when doing such a thing, and I thus buy that they're doing it. As opposed to just drawing the character with the limbs in an appropriate position.)

I think you've put it very well, actually. "Buying that they are doing it". I don't like my pictures to appear like a standard near-traced pose of the character with a couple of body parts adjusted, or a completely different style of the character that doesn't make it believable as themselves.

So I'm glad you appreciate it! Thanks Blue! :)

Dinosorceror wrote:
I am sooooo gay for Gantu, I swear. :) Awesome work!

Yes. I think I might have read that somewhere... Oh that's right...

Dinosorceror GUSHING WITH GANTU GAYNESS wrote:
Holy crap, I am sooooooooooooo SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GHAYYYYYYY for Gantu, dammit! I don't even have to get to the feet to get all sexy for him in this pic, that's how gay I am for Gantu. So friggin' ploosh and thick and holy crap. Damn. DAMN

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again, Dino!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:32 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
RipRoarRex wrote:
Thanks again, Dino!

You are so very welcome. I'd love to see more!