Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gantu - Unauthorised Experiment
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:01 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Howdy, Dome-Folk! A rather ill RipRoarRex here, bogged down with cold and cough but finally returning to the site with some new artwork!

:D

Now before you look at this picture and say "it'd never happen", let me just say this - I don't care.

Why do animators create such cool villains and then make them look like idiots by never letting them have their own way? Gantu is awesome. Gantu deserves better. And all right, it's perhaps a bit harsh on Stitch to have him getting utterly flattened, but... I'm not quite so keen on Stitch myself. Besides, I've never watched the movies, so I'm not really that fussed.

:P

Some of you watching me on FurAffinity may recognise a portion of this picture from Volume II of my "Great Unfinished Collection", posted in my FA scraps back in March. Anyone who saw the two pictures I released in January will probably understand that I was in a serious Gantu mood at the time, and I actually started this picture during that month as well. Originally, it was only ever intended to be a single panel piece - namely, the panel on the left - but having regained my Gantu lust over the last week, I suddenly felt the urge to add a couple of extra squishy panels in to make it 'complete'.

After having struggled a bit with the other recent pictures involving my own characters, it was actually quite enjoyable to go back to the Disney style again and truly enjoy the cartoon style I'd talked about using last year. I feel the difficulty is so significantly reduced when I start working in this style again, and I honestly wish I could make myself loosen up with my own characters to follow suit. There are some errors as ever - I don't think Gantu's feet are the same size in the main image, plus Stitch's proportions seem to vary through the panels and I'm not all that sure about the angle on the third panel. Not to worry though; it's a cartoon.

:)

The colouring was also refreshingly quick too - having not done any shading on these until Thursday evening, I stuck to a relatively simple standard of shading which I was able to apply through all three panels within 24 hours. In short, rather than my usual heaps of layers covering a vast range of tones, I just did one layer of dark and one layer of light, adding a couple of other touches where necessary. Oh, and in case you haven't noticed: lazy random pattern background alert.

;)

Much like the 'Gar-Gantu-An' piece I did back in January, I felt like making two versions of this - one tame version for the majority of the audience, and one crunchy blood-splattered version for the irrepressible crush fetishist in me. As with all my 'hard crush' pictures, the same warning applies - if you don't like, you don't look.

In case any of you haven't heard elsewhere, there's been some fairly big news in my life over the past couple of weeks - after nearly a year out of work since finishing my journalism training, I finally have a full-time journalist job, starting next week. There will be a lot of evening work involved, so I'm not sure yet how much it'll impact upon my artwork and my use of free time in general, but here's hoping it won't hinder my creativity too much anyway. More importantly, I'll have some money coming in and something useful to do with myself!

:lol:

Anyway, hope a few of you enjoy this, and fingers crossed it won't be months before I get something more done.

--------------------

Enjoying a rare moment of weakness for Experiment 626, Gantu decides to try out a little experiment of his own involving a hard floor and a large weight...

TAME VERSION
[Direct Link]
Attachment:
File comment: Gantu - Unauthorised Experiment (Tame Version)
GantuUnauthorisedExperiment.jpg
GantuUnauthorisedExperiment.jpg [ 407.4 KiB | Viewed 4492 times ]

BLOOD VERSION
[Direct Link]
Attachment:
File comment: Gantu - Unauthorised Experiment (Blood Version)
GantuUnauthorisedExperimentBlood.jpg
GantuUnauthorisedExperimentBlood.jpg [ 427.15 KiB | Viewed 4491 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Gantu - Unauthorised Experiment
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:13 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Very good stuff, RRR! I'm really impressed by the efficient way you made that Gantu foot look like it's spreading out under the weight in the bottom-left panel.

Disney films could definitely use some more hard crush.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:54 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Mmmmmm, I just can't get enough of seeing smexy Gantu being smexy macro stompy! :) I say it every time, I'm so friggin' gay for Gantu! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:12 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Diablo wrote:
Very good stuff, RRR! I'm really impressed by the efficient way you made that Gantu foot look like it's spreading out under the weight in the bottom-left panel.

They could. Though I'm not sure what it would do for their suitability ratings.

:lol: Lol!

Thanks Diablo! Not sure what you mean by bottom-left panel though? Did you mean the bottom of the left panel, cos there isn't really a 'bottom-left'!

Dinosorceror wrote:
Mmmmmm, I just can't get enough of seeing smexy Gantu being smexy macro stompy! :) I say it every time, I'm so friggin' gay for Gantu! :)

Aye! I think rather more of you when I draw Gantu nowadays, Dino, for this very reason!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:54 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Dinosorceror wrote:
Aye! I think rather more of you when I draw Gantu nowadays, Dino, for this very reason!
Thanks!

Awwww, thanks! Someone actually thinks of me instead of dismissing me as a speck they happen to step on! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
RipRoarRex wrote:
Diablo wrote:

They could. Though I'm not sure what it would do for their suitability ratings.

:lol: Lol!

Thanks Diablo! Not sure what you mean by bottom-left panel though? Did you mean the bottom of the left panel, cos there isn't really a 'bottom-left'!

Argh, sorry! I must have meant the middle one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:43 pm 
Keep Calm, and Stomp Your Paws <3
Species: Megamorphic Cheetah
I KNOW RIGHT?? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

*flailystomps* x3

Some of my FAVORITE cartoon characters never get any stompy times, and I always look at them, then at the writers and go,

"Buh...Buh... Do you SEE the feetpaws on him/her...? Do you SEE...? Why can't you feel for them?? ; w ; <3

PLEASE BRING THE STOMPS!! =>w<= <3"

Gantu is one of them for me too, and I have to say, I've been a huge fan of your work for a while, but not just because of your talent.

You have a way about you that you can take these characters, ones we've been DYING to see all big n' stompy, and just make it happen beautifully! =^w^= *Megakitty nuzzles* <3

So yeah! :P Thanks for scratching the itch with Gantu, Rexar! ^^ <3 *pouncehugs* :up: