Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Macro Muscle March finally colored!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:52 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
I finally managed to finish coloring that ancient pic I drew of Tyren, Sabrewing and Draco of Zeradaith at anthrocon 2009. Yes, it says '09 on the pic and that is not a typo.

The idea back then originated from a game about naked guys running through walls while striking a pose, and of course noone remembers that, but noone got the reference in the first place in 2009 either so it does not matter. I just thought I did a better than usual job at drawing this so I definitely wanted to finish it, even after losing progress on it in a hard drive crash.

To speed forum load I only added a small version, bigger ones will be in my LD5 gallery once it updates, and the one on FA is a little bigger too.
Attachment:
musclemarch-color-small.jpg
musclemarch-color-small.jpg [ 182.75 KiB | Viewed 2835 times ]

Comments and criticism are welcome, and since everything is its own of a fantastillion layers, I can even fix things easily.

Post subject: Re: Macro Muscle March finally colored!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:51 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Well, I can pretty much guarantee that this is gonna look better than the coloring I'm gonna first do of your other pic. :) It just looks really, really nice, and it proves that stuff doesn't need to be "line arted" to color nice from a sketch. It's just the best picture you've done, really, everything looks good about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Does that dude actually have a forked tail, or is that motion blending gone awry?
In any case, this is a wonderful homage to a hilarious game that I totally still remember and was ever so eager for an English release ever since I saw this...

... and it just so happens that wish was granted in January of 2010. I guess Namco-Bandai has more clout than I expected when it comes to localizing their widget series, and was still comfortably coasting on the success of Katamari.

... and now I've updated my console (Wiisaur) made sure the update plays nice with my homebrew, thrown some money at Nintendo, and initiated the download. And it's all thanks to Blue. I'll always remember your homage, at least for the reminder it signified.
No, you won't get me to question my orientation, even if your art is only slightly less subtle than the actual game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:43 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Dinosorceror wrote:
Well, I can pretty much guarantee that this is gonna look better than the coloring I'm gonna first do of your other pic. :) It just looks really, really nice, and it proves that stuff doesn't need to be "line arted" to color nice from a sketch. It's just the best picture you've done, really, everything looks good about it.

I never said images have to be inked or line arted, nor even that it would not turn out good, though I was not so sure I'd be as happy with it as I am.
It just took me forever to do the 'zoning', that was my point. (A problem you don't have with a perfect inking.)

Sprotchymon wrote:
Does that dude actually have a forked tail, or is that motion blending gone awry?
In any case, this is a wonderful homage to a hilarious game that I totally still remember and was ever so eager for an English release ever since I saw this...

... and it just so happens that wish was granted in January of 2010. I guess Namco-Bandai has more clout than I expected when it comes to localizing their widget series, and was still comfortably coasting on the success of Katamari.

... and now I've updated my console (Wiisaur) made sure the update plays nice with my homebrew, thrown some money at Nintendo, and initiated the download. And it's all thanks to Blue. I'll always remember your homage, at least for the reminder it signified.

Woo, ossum! :)
And the game must be wonderful for everyone who like nonchubby polar bears and/or their fuzzy wiggly behinds.
And you know, if the did such a macro version if it, It'd be very tempted. :D Hm, shakey dragon butt...

Oh, and yes, Sabrewing has a forked tail.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:44 pm 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Woah, that's some amazing work, Blue!

I hope you drew it pixel-by-pixel in Paint......