Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rexar vs Kraken D'Waggin - 'King of Rampage'
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:36 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Howdy, big paw lovers! RipRoarRex here with a first bit of art from me for these brand spanking new forums! :) Yay! Lol!

I posted this on various sites just over a week ago, but seeing the impending changes at LD5, I thought I'd withhold this one until the new forums were ready.

This request for Kraken D'Waggin is, in my opinion, my best piece of work to date. At the beginning I had no idea what angle I would do this image from; originally I thought a low angle would be beyond me, but I decided to give it a go and somehow it just flowed.

"Wait a minute... is that Canary Wharf?" some of you might be asking. Yes... sort of. I don't know what possessed me to do it but I spontaneously decided to alter the surroundings into a modified version of the Canary Wharf district of London - I say modified because it isn't strictly accurate, but some of the buildings are there anyway! With me and Kraken D'Waggin both being British, I thought it might be a fun idea... plus I just couldn't resist having Kraken smashing his fist through the One Canada Tower just for the fun of it!! Lol!

As a little easter egg type thing, Mike the spaniel actually appears somewhere in this image. He's wearing the same colours as he was in Dragoneer's Pawfriend. Anyone who finds him gets an extra 500pts (...whatever that means...!)

:)

Seems Rexar and Kraken D'Waggin have gotten into a bit of an argument about who is the better rampaging macro. Cue an epic battle in the centre of London to find out just who is the 'King of Rampage'...

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Rexar vs Kraken D'Waggin - 'King of Rampage'
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:58 am 
Magnificent Bastard
I was wondering when this was gonna show up! (I only stumbled upon it yesterday.) Cue the classic villain quote "We are not so different, you and I..."

The unique reflections on each windowpane are a nice touch, as is the consistency in highlights and shading. Rexar's getting skinnier with each iteration, which I find amusing.

Mike was easy enough to spot... (1-UP!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:04 pm 
Sprotchymon wrote:
Rexar's getting skinnier with each iteration, which I find amusing.

Mike was easy enough to spot... (1-UP!)

Lol - an interesting criticism! Not one I was aware of myself, though there is undoubtedly a difference in his form from this time last year. I'm now coming very close to celebrating a one year anniversary as RipRoarRex...

16th April 2007

;)

Oh, and well done for finding Mike, though perhaps you'd care to venture a description of his location?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:35 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Oh, come on now... I couldn't just give it away. That would ruin it for everyone else! Still, if I know the capabilities of this forum inside and out (and I do)... I can hide text as I please. Muahahaha!
Mike, sporting a green shirt and gray pants, is on the far left, halfway between the black car and the lamppost.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:23 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Hhhhhhm, I love this image, and you know it. :)
A true masterpiece of RRR-ism.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:48 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
That is an interesting observation, that Rexar is perhaps getting more lithe as time goes on. All that battling is quite a workout!

And Canary Wharf...I just know that from the new Doctor Who series. Now why couldn't the "battle of Canary Wharf" in the series been THIS? To quote Zap Brannigan, "Now there's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:07 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
"Now there's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"

I've always upheld the notion that it's poor form to quote the post directly above your own, with or without tags, but because it fits so incredibly well in this context, that line alone deserves to be said again and again and again. If only I had thought of it first! :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
That is an interesting observation, that Rexar is perhaps getting more lithe as time goes on. All that battling is quite a workout!

And Canary Wharf...I just know that from the new Doctor Who series. Now why couldn't the "battle of Canary Wharf" in the series been THIS? To quote Zap Brannigan, "Now there's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"

Lol!! Zap Brannigan!! :D

Thanks, Dino. Indeed, there should be more scaly rampaging in Britain. I can't stand Doctor Who but I might have watched it if something like this had happened!! Lol!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:49 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
In fact, that's a thought that would probably even stir up old farts like Kagemushi. Where are the kid's series, either live action or cartoon, that feature giant 'monsters'? I think it's about time we had one again. And I think it should be modeled off Rexar. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:34 am 
I'm not sure the words "Rexar" and "kids show" would work together without leading to a lot of future business for child psychologists.

Not that I think it should matter - I mean come on, I used to watch shows with big stomping dinosaurs in them when I was that age and I haven't turned into some dinosaur-foot-obsessed weirdo.

:?

:) Lol!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:19 am 
I love footpaws!
Species: Silver western dragon
Yeah yeah, we believe you, triple R! :lol:

Yet, another time : this picture ROCKS! The details are impressive. I love it! Great job! :up:

Also, I love their feet, of course! ^^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:32 pm 
Species: wine-red Dragon
:stomp:

Good joob Rex. I love the colors and the perspective of this picture. The pose is okay It looks random but because of the perspective extremely sexy. Especially the paw sole is fun to watch. I already see it on the ground.

Wonderful job
Karasaph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:28 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:

I doubt even the Daleks could beat Rexar. :lol: The cybermen would be too damn busy fighting Kraken. :)