Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rexar - The Player's Photoshoot
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:48 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi everyone - RipRoarRex here, enjoying a much-needed break from my job!

:D

Well, here it is. It's official. Rexar is a professional footballer.

:)

I've alluded to this publicly in a number of my pictures for several years, albeit primarily as a cheap tool for my foot fetishism. However, in my own mind, I do actually think of this as being Rexar's full time job, and it even plays a part in the back-story between him and Mike. It is a fantasy that I have always found rather appealing too.

This compilation was something of a visualisation exercise for me. As much as I have long imagined Rexar as a pro football (soccer) player, I had not as yet visualised a distinctive 'look' for him, a regular uniform - or kit, as we call them in this country - that I could picture him wearing. I'd also never actually drawn Rex playing football before, so I thought it was about time to depict him in action. Of course, I decided to sneak in one picture of a more fetishistic nature for good measure.

:P

For anyone not of a sporting persuasion, most football clubs (and indeed teams in many other sports) have a home and away kit. British pro clubs tend to release a new design for each kit every year, usually accompanied by lots of slick-looking promotional material with a lot of dark lighting and impressive poses. Hence, I decided to give Rexar the same treatment, drawing some cool action poses and playing around with some colours for a home and away kit design. Check the links above for each version.

I started working on these images several weeks ago, and even though I did stick to my resolution of relaxing my personal demand for accuracy, my job has somewhat consumed me in recent weeks and I hadn't found enough time to complete them. Thankfully I managed to book some time off this week, so I picked up the project again and finished it off within the past couple of days. It was actually quite a lot of fun too.

I had been hoping to get work done on several projects during my time off, though it's looking a little doubtful as to whether I will have enough time to get anything else finished before I go back. But you never know.

(And yes. You will be seeing more of Rexar in a football kit.)

;)

--------------------

As one of their star players, Rexar always gets picked out to do his football team's photoshoot for the promotions of their new kit releases. The club was very pleased with the results, though an internal investigation is underway as to who authorised the final photo, seemingly taken some time after the official shoot...

'HOME' VERSION

Attachment:
File comment: Rexar - The Player's Photoshoot (Home Kit)
RexarThePlayersPhotoshootHome.jpg
RexarThePlayersPhotoshootHome.jpg [ 329.87 KiB | Viewed 3004 times ]

'AWAY' VERSION

Attachment:
File comment: Rexar - The Player's Photoshoot (Away Kit)
RexarThePlayersPhotoshootAway.jpg
RexarThePlayersPhotoshootAway.jpg [ 303.42 KiB | Viewed 2973 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Rexar - The Player's Photoshoot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:51 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Very nicely done, RRR!

Quickm - unleash him against the Raptorland raptors!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:11 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Wow, those are really nice. It's like...he's more evil when he's away, the way the colors work out. :) I'm reminded of Shaolin Soccer...

So what's the team he's on? Are those the logos and stuff of your own favorite team?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:57 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Diablo wrote:
Very nicely done, RRR!

Quickm - unleash him against the Raptorland raptors!

Now there's a rivalry I'd like to see...

:lol: Heh!

Thanks Diablo!

Dinosorceror wrote:
Wow, those are really nice. It's like...he's more evil when he's away, the way the colors work out. :) I'm reminded of Shaolin Soccer...

So what's the team he's on? Are those the logos and stuff of your own favorite team?

Heh - nah, it's a fictional team. I didn't really want to tie him down to a real club as it would root him in a certain sense of reality and geography. But at the same time I wanted a kit that looked believable rather than just giving him a bland plain design.

(If you're curious however, this is my favourite team - and there are certain similarities of colour. ;) )

And yes, I do appreciate what you mean by the connotations of the dark away kit. It's almost like playing a game on the road is like going to war on someone else's territory, and you have to be much tougher and harder to gain victory... hence here comes the black mean Rexy machine.

:devil:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:12 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Ipswitch, I always thought that was one of the funnier town names over there.

"No, it's not! The palindrome of Boulton would be Notloub! It don't work!"