Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rocky - Workout Partners
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:57 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi all. RipRoarRex returns... with some more unapologetic indulgence of my musky foot-sniffing fetish presented for your delectation/disgust.

:P

Believe it or not, it's been more than three years since the last time I did a proper Rocky foot fetish picture (which, of course, was The Summer Job). Having gotten into the mood for drawing him again recently - and with this project having been in the pipeline since March 2013, as the second volume of my Great Unfinished Collection on FurAffinity shows - I thought it was about time to get the job done and give him a fresh outing.

This project went through several stages of conception. At first it was planned as a single image depicting the first panel only, then I soon extended the idea to include two further panels, namely 3 and 4. The remaining two panels - 2 and 5 - were much more recent additions, having only been drawn out in the last week or so. I had debated for a while whether to submit them as one page, two pages or individual images, but in the end I went for the first option. I may subsequently upload higher-res versions of some if not all of the panels.

As many may have realised, this is the first time I have drawn Rocky actually wearing shoes. Seeing as Rexar has a regular pair of sneakers that have appeared in many of his past outings, I thought it would be fun to give Rocky a distinctive pair of his own too. They are not based on any sneaker design in particular, though they do incorporate elements of various well known brands as well as some similarities with Rex's shoes. I also thought the black and yellow colour scheme would suit him quite well.

The first panel was probably the most awkward in this comic, given the deceptive difficulty of Rocky's pose and the full-length appearance compared to all the other close-ups. The pose never quite came out right and the face went through a couple of redraws, though the result is still distinctly cartoony and inaccurate. Panel three was also very tricky as I had all sorts of trouble trying to get the angle right on Mike's positioning, and in the end I was forced to settle with it. Among the other issues, I'm not entirely sure what I was going for on Mike's restraints or whether they even work as a physical arrangement, while his position relative to Rocky's foot does seem to shift about a bit. And as is so often the case, the background was a complete afterthought - don't ask me where on earth the setting is meant to be because I haven't a clue.

:lol:

I have started to simplify my approach to shading somewhat in recent times, using fewer layers than I used to, which is helping to speed things up a little bit. I have noticed however that this is tending to make my work look quite a bit darker overall, and I'm hoping this isn't an issue for viewers with dimmer monitor calibrations. I'm still tweaking the technique, so it may change in due course.

There are also a couple of alternative versions available of this piece. There is a 'no speech bubbles' version should you wish to admire the paws without obstruction, or for those who dislike the musky stuff, there is a 'clean' version with all the sweat/dirt/fluff/discolouration removed.

While I'm here, on another subject - I've decided I'm not going to upload any more instalments of my Rexar & Mike: Snapshots series to this forum unless the image actually relates to feet/yiffyness in some way. Since the last instalment I uploaded here (which was the second overall), I've done two further pieces in this series, but neither of them are relevant to this forum's themes. If you do wish to see them, or indeed the full series, you can find them on FurAffinity with the keyword rm_snapshots (click here - note that some will not be visible if you are not logged in with mature submissions enabled).

I'm enjoying some time off work at the moment, so I could have some more pictures uploaded within the next week or so. I've also been considering uploading some of my old/unfinished stuff, so keep an eye out.

--------------------

Eager to improve his weak physique, Mike asks Rocky if he can join him in training as his workout partner. The husky agreed. And thanks to his trusty shrink ray, now they always exercise together - though it doesn't do Mike's health quite so much good.

[Direct Link]

ALTERNATIVE VERSIONS: Clean Version | No Speech Version

Attachment:
File comment: Rocky - Workout Partners
RockyWorkoutPartners.jpg
RockyWorkoutPartners.jpg [ 698.58 KiB | Viewed 9261 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Rocky - Workout Partners
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:48 am 
Species: Wolf-Raptor Hybrid
Mmm, nice. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:17 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
You bet your butt that's nice! Man, that lucky little Mike... :) :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:51 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Krll wrote:
Mmm, nice. :)

Heh - short and sweet! Thanks!

Dinosorceror wrote:
You bet your butt that's nice! Man, that lucky little Mike... :) :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper:

Aye. Not quite a slipper. But I believe the effect is much the same...

:P

Thanks Dino!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Also enjoy seeing Mike seemingly get smaller and smaller in these types of pictures.

To quote Diablo, "I HOPE THE TREND CONTINUES"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 pm 
Species: Unknown
I have to ask RRRex, did you study any shading tutorials when you were drawing this piece?

Traditional pencil-paper art is one thing but I would like to get into digital art as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:31 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Y'know, normally places frown on necroposting like this...but when it gives me a chance to see this awesome pic again...how can you complain? :)