Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nowhere to Run
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:52 pm 
Species: Unknown
I asked Ahastar's permission to upload this animation... I originally made a few of these to try another angle since I can't draw it (yet)...

You can find it here: http://youtu.be/RZbKGuWeDdI
Attachment:
Nowhere to Run (Animation).jpg
Nowhere to Run (Animation).jpg [ 480.03 KiB | Viewed 4193 times ]

Original Art by: Ahastar, Diablo
Animated by: Farside

Post subject: Re: Nowhere to Run
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:29 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Did you ask Diablo for permission as well? That is where your raptor model is coming from.

This is a really well done animation - you are, quite frankly, too good an animator to keep copying/reinterprating animations and artworks from other artists. Why don't you try your hand on designing your own characters? "I can't draw" won't get better from not trying to practice it. ;)

Alternatively, maybe ask other artists - especially on FA - about doing cooperative animations with you, them drawing the basic models, you doing the animations. That means fresh and new models designed with the explicit intent of being animated by you. Quite a few people on FA animate that way.

Excellent crush-trample-flick though! Really lovely! 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:59 am 
I got confused with who made what... I had actually asked Diablo permission before I asked you...

Remember, I did buy that drawing tablet (It just didn't work correctly up until a couple of months ago). I am on my way to designing my own characters. It's just going to take a long time before I can make them good enough, and in a timely manner. I have drawn a couple myself and animated them. You can see them on Youtube. I actually posted on here as well. It's the topic called "Jenny" I believe.

Thanks for the feedback...

P.S. Got really frustrated with what I was drawing and made a lot more than this one... Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:18 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Nothing at all to apologise for! You asked for permission, Diablo and I will almost always be happy to kickstart a new artist in our fandom, if we can, and that animation of yours is REALLY good.

But that is just the thing: It is so odd to see such a discrepancy between your clearly noticeable animating skills and your copying of other artwork instead of creating your own basis models. I really think you are massively restricting your own animation art that way, because designing your own models to exactly fit your animating needs is sooooooo important! I would definitely recommend practicing drawing models more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:54 pm 
I changed all of them to include Diablo...

I get so frustrated with drawing... It hardly ever seems to work (Sometimes I guess you could say I get in the zone, but that rarely happens.) I have had good suggestions like practicing basic anatomy, but I haven't had the time to even try to research how to do that.

Thanks for the patience... I want to do this with my own art (So far only a few sketches, and very VERY limited).

Animating for some reason comes easier to me than drawing... But if I could draw for myself... I'd have a pretty damn good time animating it.

I also just realized something... I don't like animating something that doesn't look right in the end. It would look pretty bad, and I wouldn't even publish something like that. I guess you could sayhave a unique standard on what I should or should not upload. I also find it kind of hahafunny65 that you said that it is odd... I am odd. I'm Farside.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:09 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Yeah, wow, that was a really nice 3D animated version of 2D original art. I agree, it's going to be even better when you're designing the art for the animation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:42 am 
Species: Wolf-Raptor Hybrid
Poor (lucky?) Ahastar!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:59 pm 
Might be awhile before I can do anything good. I'm working on it... :claw: