Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kleiner Drache Zerquetscht Burg und Spyro am Strand.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:36 am 
Species: A cat (obviously)
Muhahah~ I've managed to get your attention by the use of 'grotatious german'™ >:3
Fear these two drawings that will be printed in poster format!

And of course by all means, hope you like these pics. :3

Attachments:
File comment: Spyro aan het Strand.
Spyro_on_the_Beach_LOW.jpg
Spyro_on_the_Beach_LOW.jpg [ 617.38 KiB | Viewed 2674 times ]
File comment: Kleine Draak Vertrapt Kasteel.
Drache_zerquetscht_burg_ALT_LOW.jpg
Drache_zerquetscht_burg_ALT_LOW.jpg [ 422.51 KiB | Viewed 2661 times ]

Image Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Kleiner Drache Zerquetscht Burg und Spyro am Strand.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:44 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Mmm, great work on both of them! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:49 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Mmm, great work on both of them! :)

Thanks Dino, glad you like 'em. ^ᴥ^

Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:51 pm 
Species: Novaraptor/ Stripe-necked mongoose hybrid
Good job on those! You must have played Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage then? I miss the old Spyro...it's too bad they had to change it to make it more...I don't know, but whatever they were trying to do with the series, they sucked all the fun out of it that made me love the originals. :C

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:16 am 
Nyrahide wrote:
Good job on those! You must have played Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage then? I miss the old Spyro...it's too bad they had to change it to make it more...I don't know, but whatever they were trying to do with the series, they sucked all the fun out of it that made me love the originals. :C

Yes I did! =D The advertisement for a memorycard inside showed Spyro on the beach as well, he was so cool looking, cocky and happy-go-lucky in the old days, I liked that better than what they did with Legend of Spyro and turned him Emo... the only 'good' thing to come out of them was Cynder but then I'm naming just 'one-single-character' out of an entire franchise. After that, when I thought: "well, this couldn't possibly get any worse" Activision actually succeeded in making Spyro look even uglier (like seriously, they deserve a prize for that), more out of character and the game wasn't even about him but the Skylanders... why gamedevelopers? Why!?... oh, of course... money. =.=;

I wouldn't mind the new design if the gameplay was fun, but in the Legend of Spyro series the controls were really clunky and tight and the level design was more in the trends of: "follow this linear path whilst batteling random enemies, until "you're winner"!", by the time Dawn of the Dragon came along, you'd think they 'improved' the controls, gameplay and the camera, but no, they actually managed to make the game even more uncontrollable. 2-Player mode is almost impossible... believe me, I've tried. X.x
Skylanders... for me personally it got boring after the first three levels... it's instances like these were I'd rather want a series to 'die out' so that they're spared from horrible additions like these.

I don't understand why developers don't simply throw things they do not use anymore inside of a community commons license, the public domain or simply let it die out. If I had a beloved series which I've had no use for, I'd rather let other people do something with it, without the fear of making anything explicitely 'official', rather than having it shamed and ridiculed like this... but those are just my two cents.

Image Image Image Image