Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Savor the Love
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 pm 
Norse Dragonic-alligator
A gift I drew for Skylamiat for the 4th anniversary of our pseudo marriage. Its work friendly unbirthing. I know I'm an adult, but I still like to have all my art work safe. I like to be able to show my work freely without getting looks.

Post subject: Re: Savor the Love
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:18 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
Wow :shock: Is all i can say.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:55 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Hehe.

Have you ever tried a different coloring style, maybe digitally? I always find the amount of pencil colors blocks out a lot of the pontential of your pics, especially it feels like it washes out the not really dark to start with original linedraw, making it often hard to grasp the shapes and look flat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:55 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Awesome stuff, Aleihr! :) I hope Markie gets a chance to see this soon, I'm sure he'd love it. :) And yes, I do think you should try bringing your stuff into the computer when it's just a sketch, and then do all the nice dark lines via computer and the coloring as well, and I'd bet it would take your work to a whole new quantum level.

Hrm, there's a bad Dino macro joke there. Instead of Quantum of Solace, Quantum on Soles....a pic of me (speck) on a big sexy clawfoot. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:21 pm 
Norse Dragonic-alligator
Thanks for the compliments guys. And thanks for the advice, but I really need to turn it down. My goal is to reach a quantum level of coloring with pencils, its my thing, its my style. I could use digital programs and such, its just that it doesn't feel natural to me, its not my niche.

And nice jokes Dino. And Markie, yes I wholeheartedly agree. I'll be sure to show him this as soon as possible. ^ ^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:14 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Well there's something you don't see everyday. I like the scales.

It's nice to do traditional art too, it gives me a break from breaking my eyes on the screen.

Also, if you want, you could fill in the white spaces too, just so it looks a little better.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:37 pm 
Draconian Warrior
Species: Draconian
Those are very beautiful pictures, Aleihr Hawk. I love the colour and detail. So cute! :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:00 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Aleihr Hawk wrote:
Thanks for the compliments guys. And thanks for the advice, but I really need to turn it down. My goal is to reach a quantum level of coloring with pencils, its my thing, its my style. I could use digital programs and such, its just that it doesn't feel natural to me, its not my niche.

And nice jokes Dino. And Markie, yes I wholeheartedly agree. I'll be sure to show him this as soon as possible. ^ ^

Well have you tried inking the linedraw before applying colors then? I hear that's the usual way pictures go in traditional form. I'm not sure if it would work with your style though.
But that aside, it cant hurt to scan the linedraw first. If you see to the paper being very exactly in the same position, you can then later always put the lindedraw atop the picture in whatevery kind of layer combination effect something like Photopaint offers, to amplify or accenturate the original linedraw against the rest of the shades. Or fainten the colors and see how you like that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:39 pm 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Awesome stuff, Aleihr! :) I hope Markie gets a chance to see this soon, I'm sure he'd love it. :) And yes, I do think you should try bringing your stuff into the computer when it's just a sketch, and then do all the nice dark lines via computer and the coloring as well, and I'd bet it would take your work to a whole new quantum level.

Hrm, there's a bad Dino macro joke there. Instead of Quantum of Solace, Quantum on Soles....a pic of me (speck) on a big sexy clawfoot. :)

Yes! I love it, red dragoness sexy and luck little dragon inside her stomach. I wish next me. :D Hug.