Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Clean Fun
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:18 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi everyone, RipRoarRex here.

I don't quite know how to begin to describe this. At this moment in time, having spent the last 5 days on it, I'm not sure whether to shout "thank fuck the damn thing is finally finished" or whether to bounce about in delight at just how much I feel the hard work has paid off. I knew from the start that I was going to go the whole hog with this one and make it as ludicrously detailed and realistic as I could be capable and motivated to do, but I wouldn't have dared to dream that the image in my head would have ended up being quite so closely replicated on the screen. It really has come out so well based on my original idea, and I'm absolutely over the moon with it. I wanted to get this one done before Christmas partly because I know I won't get much freedom to work on art over the next week or so, but also because I felt kinda guilty that I've been keeping everyone waiting for the continuation of the 'Rexar & Mike - First Time' comic, so here is something for all you guys in the meantime. It's not related to the 'First Time' storyline, but rest assured Page 3 is in the pipeline.

The worst part about this was the ridiculous amount of time it took to do the texturing; there's 8 hours I'd have trouble explaining to 'The Inquisitor'! The only thing that kept me from jabbing a biro deep into my neck having sat up into the early hours adding Mike's fur was the fact that I was doing it whilst watching what turned out to be an absolutely cracking UK Snooker Championship final between Shaun Murphy and Marco Fu last night. Had it not been for the snooker, I'd have said "oh bugger this, it's far too late for me to carry on doing this painstaking tedious bollocks". I'm glad I did spend the time doing it because I think it came out really nicely, but it didn't half do my head in at the time. Obviously I've also gone for the scaly Rexar again, using pretty much the same technique I used last time. The resizing has lost some of the detail, but I still think it looks good. The texturing wasn't the only pain in the arse though - drawing out the characters to begin with was a nightmare, and I also should've done the background so much earlier in the process; it wasn't nice having done everything down to the bubbles on the characters, only to zoom out and look at what was at that point a blank blue background behind them and know how much bloody work there was still to do!

Anyway. I've said enough. I shall leave you to gaze happily at all the warm, soapy, steamy fun.

Oh, and here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

:-)

Whether Mike had left the bathroom door unlocked deliberately or not, Rexar didn't know. But in either case, he couldn't resist the opportunity to quietly sneak into the shower and give his little puppy a gentle, soothing wash.

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Good Clean Fun
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:36 pm 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Ahh, the infamous shower scene. ^^ Popular amongst many! I know I certainly enjoy the warm soapy fun that can ensue within. :3 Plus growy, inflatey, or other such amusements can follow! ^__^

I must say, that's some damn fine coloring there, and texture work too. Well done chief. :3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:44 pm 
Infamous shower scene indeed. Though I hope one can still keep the idea fresh.

:)

Thanks, Tombfyre.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:59 pm 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
You're quite welcome there Rexy! There's lots of fun ways to keep the idea fresh. :3 Like adding other kinks to the mix. Sizyness as mentioned, bloatyness, creative uses for shower wands and hoses, yadda. ^..^ You can get rather naughty in there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
That's fair awsome Rex i think thats your best work so far...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:14 am 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
It looks great!...but not your extremely bestest yet...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:35 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Damn, Rex, that's just insane! I can see what you mean by the incredible level of detail! Just amazing! :!:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:26 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Wow, I agree with Dino!

From a (purely theoretical) non-pawslut point of view, this must be your best picture yet - congratulations :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:27 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Very wet and elaborated shiny detailed version of the classic indeed! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:49 pm 
I love footpaws!
Species: Silver western dragon
Two things :

Aawwwwwwwwwww.... that's so adorable! :angel:

Wooooooooooooowww! That's so detailed! :shock:

Indeed, it's insane! All those bubbles, water drips, light reflections... it's amazing! Great job! :D

Also, I love their feet, of course! ^^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:51 pm 
Draconian Warrior
Species: Draconian
This is truly impressive, RipRoarRex! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:52 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Damn, Rex, that's just insane! I can see what you mean by the incredible level of detail! Just amazing! :!:

Lol - well now you know why I was going a bit mad whilst we were chatting that day. :) Heh! Thanks, Dino.

Diablo wrote:
Wow, I agree with Dino!

From a (purely theoretical) non-pawslut point of view, this must be your best picture yet - congratulations :)

As far as non-paw material goes, I would agree. But I'm not really able to discern what is my single best piece of work any more. I still think 'Rexar - Annihilation' was the most ambitious, but 'Rocky - Cornered' seemed to be the most popular on FA. Anyway, thanks, Diablo.

(Sorry for the slow reply - been very busy this Christmas and haven't had much freedom to get on the web.)

Thanks, everyone!

:)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:24 am 
=) Koopas have the sexiest feet
Species: Sexy blue dragon with VERY smooth paws ^^
ROAR!!!!! that is sexy!!!! =)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:25 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
And re-opening the "outline" discussion here from your TMNT pic...this pic would be much less not as good if it had outlines. This pic works wonderfully with no outlines at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:48 am 
Mike's a more malleable character than Tydo, Ragnos. Tydo is just a perpetual submissive victim and, as far as I can remember, has always been a micro in comparison to any other character he has been depicted with. Mike on the other hand is a little more varied, as his appearances over the last year or so have shown. He has not always been an unwilling submissive, and he has been involved in plenty of same-size scenarios. Furthermore, I have in the past even depicted Mike as a quasi-dominant character (albeit not having posted any such image publicly yet), so I wouldn't personally put Tydo and Mike on a parallel.

Ultimately however, I don't consider myself to be bound by any sense of my characters' histories or relationships. I draw whichever character(s) of mine that I wish in whatever situation I feel like at that given time, so it doesn't really matter how they have been depicted before. With specific reference to Rexar and Mike, there is the ongoing "Rexar & Mike - First Time" storyline which has shown them to be lovers before this picture, but that doesn't leave me feeling as though I couldn't subsequently draw Rexar trampling Mike or something similarly juxtaposed to the way I have recently shown them to relate.