Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rexar - Post Match Musk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:47 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hello everyone! RipRoarRex here, back after a long absence with some new artwork!!

:)

Following two months of inactivity, I've finally got some new work after what was by far the biggest and most severe art block I've had in the 2 years I've been drawing for the fandom. I believe there's three types of art block: 1.) Inspiration - you don't know what to draw, 2.) Motivation - you don't want to draw, or 3.) Execution - you just can't draw. I had a bit of numbers 2 and 3; I didn't really feel like drawing and struggled immensely when I tried. I've also had a lot of demands on my time recently, what with finishing university, looking for a job, and of course taking over as head administrator at Eccentricities. Consequently, this picture has been done in small pieces at-a-time over the course of about 4 weeks. I'm hoping however that it makes up for the lengthy absence...!

This is the much-awaited piece I have told many about which serves as something of a crossover between 'Rexar - "Get To Work!!"' and 'Rexar - Million Pound Feet' with the visual quality of something like 'Rocky - Cornered'. It's really just another glorified opportunity for me to indulge in my massive scaly sweaty foot-sniffing fetish, which - though it might put some people off - is probably my single biggest kink. At the same time though, I've also tried to make it a really good technical piece of artwork.

I say it quite a lot, but I do believe this is one of my best to date, if not the best. The linework isn't perfect (especially that left ankle - I always have trouble with those) but I spent a long time on the colouring and texturing to try and make it as realistic as possible. The socked foot was an enormous pain-in-the-backside to texture, though the bare sole was actually surprisingly easy - and enjoyable too!

I won't jabber on like I usually do, seeing as I've spent a long time on this and I'm quite glad just to have gotten it done at last. And with any luck, hopefully I won't be suffering from too many similar big art blocks in future.

(Fingers crossed.)

;)

-----------

There's only one thing Rexar loves more than winning a football match - the moment when he returns to the musty dressing room, slips off his tired sneakers, and indulges himself in that distinctive post-match musk...

(Super strong scaly-tailored sports socks courtesy of LD5 Sportswear Inc. - of course.)

:) Lol!

Comments and critique always welcome as ever. Enjoy!

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Rexar - Post Match Musk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:30 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Holy FUCK. :shock:

I'm having a comment block.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:16 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
As usual, i'll skirt around the content of pictures (as I always do on LD5) and go for pure artistic merit.

The texturing is stunning.

I swear you've scanned a sock in for that sock texturing; it looks so real. And the scaly bumpiness is first class.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:07 am 
Heh - well actually, the sock texture was sourced using a tiny colourised segment from a photograph of a sock, which I then used custom brushes to apply with different scaling and rotation. Essentially, it's a fake sock made up from hundreds/thousands of bits of a real sock! Lol!

:)

Thanks very much!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:35 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Damn, no need to be apologetic for the subject matter, Rexar...look where you are. :) That's spooge-mind-blowing-tastic, that is. Just so many wonderful facets to choose to focus on and spooge over for an enterprising weesaur. Awesome job!

:slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:12 pm 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
I don't think there's much need to apologize for lack of art. If anything, I would call you incredibly industrious. It sounds like you're taking on a lot of things all at once. I know when I'm studying I'm not giving much thought to such things, myself :)

I skimmed over most of the comments already, and I don't have much to add. I am recently acquainted with such socks :) They are a wonder of engineering, to be sure.

I'm always interested in the entire picture, because a lot of the background information is subtle. Of course, everyone's gaze is drawn to a certain part of the body here, but I always seem to find myself noticing little things about the pose. Rexar's got his hand under his leg to the right, for example. That and I'm surprised nobody's mentioned how he's getting a big whiff of his shoe up there with a bit of nostril gust. Details are fun!

Speaking of which, I saw both versions of the scale stuff, and don't really care either way. I think in general maybe smoothness is just associated with your style, but the scales are very well done. I kept wondering what I was thinking of looking at them, when it finally hit me: Fruity Pebbles. Like the breakfast cereal. I guess you can take that however you want. :)

And good luck finding a job! It's kind of a depressing thing these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:48 pm 
Species: Stallion
SOOOOOO HAPPY YOUR BACK!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!! (oh. looking for a job and at uni. like you said.) really happy to hear you got to be head adminastrator at Eccentricities :)

i check your page on a regular bassis!

and im not disappointed. its amazingly detailed. the most detailed pic yet. i wish i was there to take in the musk wth you (macro or non macro, i dont mind! :D ) i dont mind socks either. i do prefer barefeet overall but this has the best of both!

ive actually started to go to the gym now. and i do get foot fantasies. ill be thinking of this one! i wonder what those feet taste like :lol:
and youve also remineded me to go on eccentries again.

im almost on faibanx if your interested

and dont worry about lack of artwork. real life issues have to come first. and this may given you a break and your best artwork might come from it!

sorry so much i want to say little space to say it in. its great to have you back mate :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:06 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Dayum. That's practically a photo. You certainly take "stink lines" to an art form. Remember how everything is relative? You don't have to be an Einstein to figure that out. I call shenanigans on you ever believing there is a time you can't draw. Anything you consider a failure would still be far better than a success from my own pen and/or tablet.

Also, drawing for the fandom? Peer pressure must be tripping you up into faulty logic, man! You draw for yourself - the fandom is a fringe benefit! In other words, Don't worry about our approval. Consider it a given!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:10 am 
I love footpaws!
Species: Silver western dragon
HOLY F***IN SHIT!!! :o :shock:

I can understand it took you 4 weeks doing this, because those remarkable details... Damn, that's just insane! :lol:

Gosh! No, it's not one of your bests, IT IS your best. I mean, look at that! The scales, the dirt, the sock, the pose, everything... :D

Extremely shocking work, as usual! :lol: That's so awesome! Keep it up! :D

Also, I love their feet, of course! ^^

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:12 am 
Species: Stallion
yep, i agree with dragonslover, it is the best yet! its even better if you zoom in! (save pic to pc then use windows gallery or smular) still v detailed!

i wished i was a milimetre tall on your paws after the gym this morning! and on the socked paw, when i zoomed in, theres a small lump underneath the sock. i imagined it was tydo. he loves it really ;)

damm, this has re-awaked my paw love all over again and i want more :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:33 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Damn, no need to be apologetic for the subject matter, Rexar...look where you are. :) That's spooge-mind-blowing-tastic, that is. Just so many wonderful facets to choose to focus on and spooge over for an enterprising weesaur. Awesome job!

:slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper:

*chuckles* - thanks Dino. I dare say an enterprising speck such as yourself can enjoy lots of delightful views like this if they hang around on a changing room floor for a while...

:D

Selendro wrote:
I don't think there's much need to apologize for lack of art. If anything, I would call you incredibly industrious. It sounds like you're taking on a lot of things all at once. I know when I'm studying I'm not giving much thought to such things, myself :)

I skimmed over most of the comments already, and I don't have much to add. I am recently acquainted with such socks :) They are a wonder of engineering, to be sure.

I'm always interested in the entire picture, because a lot of the background information is subtle. Of course, everyone's gaze is drawn to a certain part of the body here, but I always seem to find myself noticing little things about the pose. Rexar's got his hand under his leg to the right, for example. That and I'm surprised nobody's mentioned how he's getting a big whiff of his shoe up there with a bit of nostril gust. Details are fun!

You might not believe this, but this picture has had a couple of hundred comments on 6 different websites and you are the only one who has mentioned the sneaker-sniffing!!! Quite incredible. So thank you very much for pointing it out at last!!!

:lol: Lol!

I dare say others probably do notice these things but perhaps don't mention them - not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's nice to know that the little details are appreciated. As for that hand, I drew Rexar holding his thigh in an attempt to suggest that he had just been holding his leg up to take the sneaker off. I dunno if anyone got that, but I put it in anyway! Heh!

And those super-strong LD5 sports socks are a great invention, aren't they? :D

Selendro wrote:
Speaking of which, I saw both versions of the scale stuff, and don't really care either way. I think in general maybe smoothness is just associated with your style, but the scales are very well done. I kept wondering what I was thinking of looking at them, when it finally hit me: Fruity Pebbles. Like the breakfast cereal. I guess you can take that however you want. :)

And good luck finding a job! It's kind of a depressing thing these days.

Fruity pebbles? Obviously not something we get here in England. Maybe Rex's foot tastes of fruit... or maybe Fruity Pebbles taste of Rexar's feet; I wouldn't know...

:lol: Lol!

And thanks for the support, Selendro. Fingers crossed I might be getting a job very soon.

Anstallion wrote:
SOOOOOO HAPPY YOUR BACK!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!! (oh. looking for a job and at uni. like you said.) really happy to hear you got to be head adminastrator at Eccentricities :)

i check your page on a regular bassis!

and im not disappointed. its amazingly detailed. the most detailed pic yet. i wish i was there to take in the musk wth you (macro or non macro, i dont mind! :D ) i dont mind socks either. i do prefer barefeet overall but this has the best of both!

ive actually started to go to the gym now. and i do get foot fantasies. ill be thinking of this one! i wonder what those feet taste like :lol:
and youve also remineded me to go on eccentries again.

im almost on faibanx if your interested

and dont worry about lack of artwork. real life issues have to come first. and this may given you a break and your best artwork might come from it!

sorry so much i want to say little space to say it in. its great to have you back mate :)

Thanks very much, anstallion! It's nice to know you are missed! Heh! Thanks for the comments - just don't go around sniffing your sneakers at the gym, or anyone else's for that matter; you might end up in handcuffs.

:D Lol!

And I hope you're enjoying yourself on Eccentricities. Let me know if you have any problems or questions. ;)

Sprotchymon wrote:
Dayum. That's practically a photo. You certainly take "stink lines" to an art form. Remember how everything is relative? You don't have to be an Einstein to figure that out. I call shenanigans on you ever believing there is a time you can't draw. Anything you consider a failure would still be far better than a success from my own pen and/or tablet.

Also, drawing for the fandom? Peer pressure must be tripping you up into faulty logic, man! You draw for yourself - the fandom is a fringe benefit! In other words, Don't worry about our approval. Consider it a given!

Heh - well thanks, Sprotch. I do consider my artwork to be something for the fandom rather than myself, not because I'm seeking approval but just because I don't think I'd ever put this much effort in if I was drawing just for me. And an artist is always their own worst critic, as they say - some might be a bit cynical when I say I'm struggling as if to suggest I've got no good reason to complain, but art blocks are just frustrating for everyone no matter who you are, because you feel like you can't do what you know you're capable of.

Anyway, thanks very much for the compliments! Very much appreciated. ;)

DragonsLover wrote:
HOLY F***IN SHIT!!! :o :shock:

I can understand it took you 4 weeks doing this, because those remarkable details... Damn, that's just insane! :lol:

Gosh! No, it's not one of your bests, IT IS your best. I mean, look at that! The scales, the dirt, the sock, the pose, everything... :D

Extremely shocking work, as usual! :lol: That's so awesome! Keep it up! :D

Heh - well it could be my best, though I don't tend to compare my more realistic pieces because I think they're all equally strong in their own ways.

Thanks anyway DL, and indeed to everyone! Your comments really do mean a lot to me.

:D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:20 pm 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
FANTASTIC work and congratulations on becoming the administrator on Eccentricities! I *sigh* am unfortunately cursed with a computer that was old when dirt was invented and so am unable to access the site. On a happier note, I agree with DragonsLover, this IS you BEST art EVER!!! Nice how one foot is bare and the other still has the sock on. You get the beeeeest of both - uh... yeah. Your art's awesome. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:22 am 
Species: Snow Leopard
No matter how many times i see this Bloody awesome :D.., I think i said more on Fa...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:56 am 
Razor wrote:
FANTASTIC work and congratulations on becoming the administrator on Eccentricities! I *sigh* am unfortunately cursed with a computer that was old when dirt was invented and so am unable to access the site. On a happier note, I agree with DragonsLover, this IS you BEST art EVER!!! Nice how one foot is bare and the other still has the sock on. You get the beeeeest of both - uh... yeah. Your art's awesome. 8-)

Thanks!

You can't access Eccentricities? (I assume therefore you aren't the same "Razor" we have as a member there!) What exactly happens when you try to visit the site - does it just not load or is there some kind of scripting error?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:31 am 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
No, I'm not the same Razor as the one already logged onto Eccentricities. I believe that he is a dragon, whereas I am an anthroraptor. Whenever I try to visit the site, it says I will be redirected to the new site in a few seconds, but then when it tries to redirect me, it says there is some sort of error and that it cannot find the web page.