Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My First Go At Making My Character From Scratch
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:54 pm 
Hey guys! :)
I tried to make my self as a model and used Microsoft Paint to do the textures (I know it isn't very good) However it is a first attempt so I wasn't expecting much! Anyway enough with the talking, what do you think? I have added the picture of the model and a picture of what I look like (Ignore the guy and sadle)

Attachments:
141.jpg
141.jpg [ 19.13 KiB | Viewed 3081 times ]
My First Model.jpg
My First Model.jpg [ 181.42 KiB | Viewed 3079 times ]

Post subject: Re: My First Go At Making My Character From Scratch
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:21 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Okay, playing to your strengths! It's a start! I haven't the faintest idea how to critique this from a technical standpoint. The most I know of 3D texturing is that you take a flat square with a design or pattern on it and stretch... or curve it around... a shape. And then... it multiplies? And if symmetry is forced where none was intended, you could end up with eyes in odd places... SO YEAH keep it up!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:32 am 
[quote="DarkDragonDX"]That model is pretty epic for a first try, is it rigged to a skeleton? (For animation.)

Thanks! I will probably use it to model other images! If you can find it (I can't remember where the topic is) look at my other images and you will see what I do with others I have used! I will upload some of my new images with this model included in them soon!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:14 am 
Hi there!
That is really cool! It must of took you ages! Oh by the way I am a fan of Free Realms too! You did a good job on modeling that based on the T-rex ride!

:up: ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:18 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
This time, I say we just let the illusion ride. I mean, insane people need a place too, right? :)