Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Walk In The Woods
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi folks, the lesser-spotted RipRoarRex here. I know I haven't been around here much for some time - various commitments both within the fandom and RL have conspired to keep me away, but I'm hoping I'll be stopping by much more frequently from hereon. ;)

:-o :-o :-o *GASPS!!*

No. I kid you not. Unbelievable as it may seem, I've actually drawn a new picture! You may have been forgiven for thinking that it would never happen again, but now, after four long months of bleak nothingness, I've finally got something done.

The unprecedented gap has been due to what I would deem the continuation (or perhaps more appropriately re-emergence) of the art block I was suffering from back in the early summer. Having managed to recover enough to make two pictures in late July and mid-August, the subsequent car accident and the growing frustration over unemployment sapped away my enthusiasm again. I've been struggling to get it back throughout the autumn, sketching a few things and working on new pictures/animations behind the scenes but never having enough motivation to get anything finished for submission.

I wouldn't say this constitutes the end of the art block. But it is amusing where motivation and inspiration can suddenly emerge from - anyone on Eccentricities may know that I was fortunate enough to stumble across a random photo of a bear's foot on the MSN UK website whilst at work on Friday. Funnily enough, seeing it put me in the mood for bear feet for the first time in about 3 years, and I started working on this idea on Saturday evening. Unusually for me in recent months, I actually got it sketched out quite quickly, then spent Sunday afternoon colouring it - a refreshingly simple and easy piece to complete. Not without its frustrations at times, I should note, but much better than most things lately.

This is not technically a request, but it does fit very much in line with suggestions I've had from a certain bear-paw-loving Italian who knows who he is and is susceptible to suffering something akin to a minor aneurism as a result of seeing this picture. Sorry I kept you waiting so long, mate!

:lol: Lol!

I'd like to say that I'll be following this with a return to my usual rate of artwork production - in particular, I'm keen to get back to that backlog of requests and the much-asked-about 'Rexar & Mike - First Time'. Sadly, such a return to good form is enormously unlikely - starting full-time work at the end of November introduced new constraints on my time and freedom, and only by the miracle of having a free weekend to myself did I get the opportunity to create this picture. However, the Christmas shutdown is on the horizon, so with any luck, there may be some improved productivity between now and 2010...

----------------------

"If you go down to the woods today... you're liable to get trodden on."

:lol:

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Walk In The Woods
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:15 am 
I can't guarantee the "no eating" thing. But thanks for your comments!

:lol: Heh!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:53 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Wow, I definitely have an affinity for bear paws NO JOKES PLEASE as well, so I'm-a spoogin' all over this one as well! :) It is certainly good to see you back at your old stomping grounds again, and I hope this does signal the end of your creative block!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:16 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Come on, now. A joke of some sort is needed, so...
"Who is stomping? Oh my god, Bear is stomping! How can that be?"

An any case, it's nice to see a new angle from you, Triple-R. Actually... it's the same angle as a lot of your work, but it's one we can't get enough of, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:31 pm 
Species: Dragon
it's really good to know you're back, even though I'm new to this place so we've never properly met. :P

and that picture is incredible, i love the perspective on ground level, and the blurry grass makes for a realistic view. great job on that. :up:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:06 pm 
I love footpaws!
Species: Silver western dragon
It's so cool that you're back! :D I missed your art a bit. And I'm glad that you keep up the great work. :)

That bear paw is just wonderful! It's also my fav POV! And the nice details, as usual! I love it! :up:

Also, I love their feet, of course! ^^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Okay, now that means a serious "OH SHIT" for the local salmon population! 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:45 pm 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Wow, I definitely have an affinity for bear paws NO JOKES PLEASE as well, so I'm-a spoogin' all over this one as well! :) It is certainly good to see you back at your old stomping grounds again, and I hope this does signal the end of your creative block!

Heh - I hope so too, Dino! 2009 hasn't been a good year for me artistically (nor indeed that fantastic in RL either) but I'm hoping I'm coming out of the worst patch now.

Thanks! :D

Sprotchymon wrote:
Come on, now. A joke of some sort is needed, so...
"Who is stomping? Oh my god, Bear is stomping! How can that be?"

An any case, it's nice to see a new angle from you, Triple-R. Actually... it's the same angle as a lot of your work, but it's one we can't get enough of, so it's all good!

Heh - can't have too much of a good thing, in my opinion! I've always had a quiet ambition to do a POV angle of every character I've ever fantasised about in that way. I don't think there's enough time in the world for me to ever achieve it though!!

Thanks, Sprotchymon. ;)

Ice Killa wrote:
it's really good to know you're back, even though I'm new to this place so we've never properly met. :P

and that picture is incredible, i love the perspective on ground level, and the blurry grass makes for a realistic view. great job on that. :up:

Well then, greetings to you, Ice Killa! Nice to meet you, and thanks for the comments! :)

DragonsLover wrote:
It's so cool that you're back! :D I missed your art a bit. And I'm glad that you keep up the great work. :)

That bear paw is just wonderful! It's also my fav POV! And the nice details, as usual! I love it! :up:

I've missed doing art and I've missed being around, really. Hopefully you'll be seeing more of me from hereon (even though I've said that before...!) :lol:

Thanks again, DL!

Ahastar wrote:

Funny you should say that - I truthfully was thinking about engineering this picture in such a way so as to suggest that this was the bear's method of catching fish! Simply get into position and await your target...

:shock:

:P Heh!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:45 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
RipRoarRex wrote:
Funny you should say that - I truthfully was thinking about engineering this picture in such a way so as to suggest that this was the bear's method of catching fish! Simply get into position and await your target...

Oh. Not the Al Bundy way then? :angel:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Fantastic stuff as usual, RRR!

I like how relaxed the foot looks - like it's bound for some serious abusive facial manipulation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:37 am 
Species: Stallion
Ahastar wrote:

im the salmon about to get stomped then eaten by the big sexy bear!

is it me or did msn just do a feature on JUST feet? never heard of that before! i would look at the other pics but its stuck on zoom on the website. nothing to do with you is it ;)

Really gald your back! i know what its like to want to do loads of stuff but not having the tme :cry:
but its great you have a job now. think of the money. and on your days off you can do more of this or have some money to do things :)

really happy your back and really sexy picture. as usaul, i love the facial expression. you can really feel the dominance! paws look hot too :lol:

looking forward to seeing more :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:10 pm 
Blue wrote:
RipRoarRex wrote:

*Does the 'hand zooming over the head' gesture* - sorry Blue, you totally lost me there!! :shock: Heh!

Diablo wrote:
Fantastic stuff as usual, RRR!

I like how relaxed the foot looks - like it's bound for some serious abusive facial manipulation.

Heh - thanks, Diablo. I often draw toes splaying/flexing and tensed up so this is a bit different.

Anstallion wrote:
Ahastar wrote:

im the salmon about to get stomped then eaten by the big sexy bear!

is it me or did msn just do a feature on JUST feet? never heard of that before! i would look at the other pics but its stuck on zoom on the website. nothing to do with you is it ;)

Really gald your back! i know what its like to want to do loads of stuff but not having the tme :cry:
but its great you have a job now. think of the money. and on your days off you can do more of this or have some money to do things :)

really happy your back and really sexy picture. as usaul, i love the facial expression. you can really feel the dominance! paws look hot too :lol:

looking forward to seeing more :D

The MSN feature I was referring to was not about feet, but I can't say whether they did do another one at some stage.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, anstallion - it's been a while! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:07 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
RipRoarRex wrote:
Blue wrote:
RipRoarRex wrote:

*Does the 'hand zooming over the head' gesture* - sorry Blue, you totally lost me there!! :shock: Heh!

Put feet into water - dead fish come up.
Funny thing is he does that in the episode where they go to Britain. :D
Think of Talon's feet.
Hm, no, you're not on Faibanx so you wouldnt know... just think of VERY potent smelly feet then.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:40 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Hey, I just realized -- Blue's based all he knows on America from watching "Married: With Children!" No WONDER he got it right. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:13 pm 
Blue wrote:
Put feet into water - dead fish come up.
Funny thing is he does that in the episode where they go to Britain. :D
Think of Talon's feet.
Hm, no, you're not on Faibanx so you wouldnt know... just think of VERY potent smelly feet then.

Hey - just because I'm not on Faibanx, doesn't mean I am so sheltered as to be unaware of Talon's infamous cheesy toes!!

Besides, he goes around bragging about them enough for the whole world to know...

:lol: Lol!!