Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My first attempt at my Fursona, Anstallion (Un-coloured sket
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:14 pm 
Species: Stallion
Hi all!

Sorry this isn't paw/hoof related (yet!) but I want to show you my first proper bit of artwork and I love this website and the people who use it and I want to obtain some comments so I can improve. Be as negative as you like. Its the only way I'll learn! I haven't coloured the pic yet or a background because I want to obtain feedback first before making any big changes.

Hi this is me! I love to have a laugh, i am very friendly and i love to stomp on smaller creatures with my hooves :lol:

So the more feedback I can obtain the more I can show you what I get up to in the fields ;)

Hope you dont mind :)

Thanks for your time!

Anstallion

You can also see this sketch on my fur affinity page
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3440769

Attachments:
File comment: My first attempt at my Fursona, Anstallion (Un-coloured sketch) He loves to stomp on smaller creatures, although he may not look it at the mo)
Anstallion one.jpg
Anstallion one.jpg [ 24.42 KiB | Viewed 6254 times ]

Post subject: Re: My first attempt at my Fursona, Anstallion (Un-coloured sket
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
First of all... that is one creepy smile. 8-)
Second, I would say the top part of your head is too small compared to the nose/frontal part of the head. That gives your horse face a bit of an "8" shape, but you'd need something like a "V".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Nice to see the face, but if you like stomping, where's the feet? :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:34 pm 
I couldnt agree more ahastar! I understand where your coming from and ill try to change it accordingly. I will still need alot of practice but im sure ill get there in the end. Thank you :) And to dino, I havent done a pic of the hooves yet because i wanted to see what i can draw and aquire a fursona first and gain comments on him. But, you have a point. Once ive done what ahastar has said, ill work hard on macro stomp stuff, which would help since thats what this site is about :D So this pic is basically the first step for me. Thanks for allowing me to post this here! Its much appreciated :) using mobile phone to post this so im not sure how it will turn out. Man, Nokia's have crap internet!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:11 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Yeah, practice is everything. But at least you got yourself to actually draw and upload something, so you know how its done and just have to do it more often and get steadily better now. :)
Perhaps you can grab yourself an Open Canvas session with someone here (unless your internet really sucks that much), I hear they are very popular.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:36 am 
Blue wrote:
Yeah, practice is everything. But at least you got yourself to actually draw and upload something, so you know how its done and just have to do it more often and get steadily better now. :)
Perhaps you can grab yourself an Open Canvas session with someone here (unless your internet really sucks that much), I hear they are very popular.

Thanks Blue, that means a-lot to me :)
I would love to oc with someone. That would be great! but my internet at home does keep dying (because its wireless) but I would love to give Open Canvas a go! I'll download/install Open Canvas now and see what it can do then I'll move on from there :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:09 am 
Hi all! This is my second attempt at my avatar horsey. I think its much better than the first. This one I actually did before the first one! The reason why I didnt post this was because I wanted to experiment with smiles and expressions. But Ive leanrt to take it one step at a time. Like before, this was from "The cartoonist's big book of drawing animals" By Christopher Hart Any comments would be much appreciated!

Sorry its not paw-related yet, but once I've learnt the basics, I will be producing paw/hoof pics alot!

Saying that, I will be posting a story up here soon It'll be about a dragon that "plays with his food", so to speak!. It'll probally be up next week as I start a new job this week so probably best to post it then.

Thanks all again :)

Attachments:
File comment: My second attempt at my avatar doodle thingy.
Anstallion two again.jpg
Anstallion two again.jpg [ 91.92 KiB | Viewed 5825 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Now that's a nice improvement! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 am 
Thanks, that means alot to me coming from you, Dino :) yeah it definetly feels more polished. I will colour it, but Ive experienced a problem. When I erase certain small parts, It also erases the white of the paper, so it leaves this red ish colour underneath. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I do use artrage though. I will at some point colour it then scan it onto the pc though.

I will be drawing Dragons and the like, But I want to get this out of the way first. Drawing is taking longer than I thought due to starting new jobs (I've started my third job (Yes THIRD JOB! the tax man i gonna love me aparantly :devil: ) This week. But once I have everything sorted and inductions over, I will settle down and draw and post more stuff for here.

This weekend/the beginning of next week, Ill be posting a story I hope, so look out for that.

So yeah, thanks again Dino and if anyone else has a comment that would be great :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:36 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Ah yes, this is a LOT better looking than your first go right away, a very nice improvement there. Congratulations! 8-)
You still have a very heavy 8-shape on your horse head, but with that expression, it looks quite fitting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:38 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
A cunning smirk and stylish hair... looks very good to me!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:51 am 
Ahastar wrote:
Ah yes, this is a LOT better looking than your first go right away, a very nice improvement there. Congratulations! 8-)
You still have a very heavy 8-shape on your horse head, but with that expression, it looks quite fitting.

Thank you very much. I'm glad you think I have inproved :)
It certainly looks better than the old one. Hopefully more stomping from me in the future then!
May I ask what you mean by the 8-shape? I thought I got it but apparently not :D

A cunning smirk and stylish hair... looks very good to me! Diablo

Thanks also. As you can see from my first attempt, I tried to experiment with facial expressions. It didn't work out like I planned :(

Do either of you have any tips for a newbie artist? How did you first start? What references did you use? Any help at all would be great!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:10 am 
Thanks for your comment and yeah rubbing out does get annoying (which happens alot when you first start out!) hopefully more art soon. see you soon!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:23 am 
IM NOT DEAD!!!! :D

Sorry its taken a few weeks to post anything on here. Its just ive been busy with my new jobs. but now Im in a sort of routine, I should be here more often, with comments or maybe even some artwork related to the purpose of this website.. It might happen!! I hope so, otherwise if I complete an 11 page stompy comic, it will take about 100 years at this rate!
Ive been lurking around on my mobile phone looking at everyones great artwork and I miss everone dearly. for a guy who thinks of The Dome everyday, I do suprisingly little for here :( I should soon (ish) i have a new laptop which means I will be able to do more.

So ive posted this image as a way of gaining feedback from it and a way of saying sorry I havent been around. Hope you dont mind.

Anstallion

Attachments:
Anstallion coloured again brown resized.jpg
Anstallion coloured again brown resized.jpg [ 21 KiB | Viewed 5263 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:49 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
I'm willing to wait quite a long while for an epic stompy comic. :) Nice to see you again!