Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brian & Stewie in 'Road To The Macroverse' (#3 May 2010)
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:25 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Picture 3 of RipRoarRex's May 2010 Batch

I know. It's ridiculous. Don't blame me. Blame a conversation I had with Trebor on Eccentricities:

Trebor wrote:
hehe, I'm anxious to see you do a POV stomp of brian!

RipRoarRex wrote:
Ooh, stop it - I'm so curious now as to what that would look like that you might just tempt me! Lol!

Trebor wrote:
nevar! I shall do eet till i see eet! >D

Well, it's not quite a POV, but I was certainly tempted into something...

For anyone not in the know, the above exchange was a result of a thread posted by Trebor featuring an animation by EngDrag of Brian squashing an ant (you can see it on FurAffinity here). Discussing the prospect of me trying my hand at drawing a stompy Brian led to this wonderfully random experimental piece of Family Guy fanart that I don't think I would ever have otherwise attempted. Having never drawn any characters from Family Guy before, the urge to give it a go overwhelmed me last Friday to the point that I came home from work, downloaded loads of reference images and drawing tutorials to my phone and sketched a couple of pics of Brian for the first time. Being Family Guy, picking this style up was refreshingly easy, leading me then to spend a subsequent Saturday morning learning how to draw Stewie in preparation for this idea. By Saturday evening, I'd created the finished piece. Now I remember why I love cartooning so much more than fine art...!

On a cultural note, I have mixed feelings towards Family Guy as a show. Until a few years ago I had no interest in it whatsoever having long been a die hard fan of The Simpsons and feeling some scepticism towards the level at which Family Guy pitched its humour. However, watching it and becoming familiar with it has led it to grow on me over time, even though I still raise a brow at some of its random tangents, extended repetitive gags and American cultural references that as a Brit I am never particularly likely to get...! I must confess though that I especially like the 'Road To...' episodes. With 'Road to the Multiverse' having had its UK TV premiere on BBC Three about 3 weeks ago, my parody seemed almost appropriate!

And before anybody asks, I have no idea if you'll be seeing any more Brian or Stewie art from me. I must admit this was so much darn fun that I might just have to at some point...!

:lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stewie's latest scheme goes awry when his prototype growth ray inadvertently turns Brian into a giant rampaging beast. Cue gratuitous furry stompage, random cutaway gags galore and a mildly distracting subplot involving Peter and Lois that nobody is really following. It's gonna be sweet!!

Attachment:
File comment: Brian & Stewie in 'Road To The Macroverse'
BrianStewieRoadToTheMacroverse.jpg
BrianStewieRoadToTheMacroverse.jpg [ 282.76 KiB | Viewed 2609 times ]

[Direct Link]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Brian & Stewie in 'Road To The Macroverse' (#3 May 2010)
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:28 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Really well done! Nice use of the original art style to add a macro twist to a very funny car-tune. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:07 am 
"Car-tune"... :lol: Heh!

Thanks, Dino! Glad it's reasonably faithful to the original style.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:24 am 
Magnificent Bastard
Very clever! Simply brill. I recall one episode in which Stewie became too fat to move (in opposition to Chris putting a genuine effort into a diet) and at one point Brian was using his foot to spin Stewie round and round (like a record, baby)

It's rainin' sideways!
Do you have an umbrella?
Had one!
Where is it?
Inside-out two miles away!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:06 am 
Sprotchymon wrote:
Very clever! Simply brill. I recall one episode in which Stewie became too fat to move (in opposition to Chris putting a genuine effort into a diet) and at one point Brian was using his foot to spin Stewie round and round (like a record, baby)

Yep - I remember this moment too! Just after Stewie's high chair collapses under the weight (love the way they animated that to be so sudden after the slow creaking - just made it all the more funny! "AARGH!! DAMN IT!")

:lol:

[Edit - just found a clip on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0CAYK3XYtY :lol: ]