Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Great War
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 pm 
Destructive dragon
Species: Dragon
Hello again, started a new piece of writing, this one is a bit different, i mean, will post in parts, as i'll write it in parts, but don't know how long i'll take betwen parts, can be a day, as can be a week, it will depnd on how much time i will have to write, and as i thought on the reader's side this time, ill upload a .docx archive with the story for those who want to download and read later :)

The archive wll contain the story as writen by far, so here comes the first part, and when i post the second, the archive will have both parts, and so on, now enought with the talking, and here is the story, hope you enjoy the "novel" hehe :)
P.S: Critics are welcomed as well, no matter if good or bad ;)

The Great War

Introduction

Somewhere out there there was a land where dragons, raptors, T-rexes, mankind, and variety of wildlife lived together. Some decided to leave in peace with each other, others were hidden, and a few others decided to make enemies, but the land was in peace, with everyone with it’s normal life. Mankind taking care of their fields, cattle, raising even larger cities, raptors hunting wildlife and smaller T-rexes and dragons while still running from the larger ones, T-rexes going after raptors, and so do dragons after whatever they felt like to.

This story that I will tell you folks, might be different than any other story you have already read, it’s about a war that raise upon that said peaceful land, not a normal war, a war fought by a single soldier, against thousands of others, a soldier, that fought against mankind, a soldier that scared even the bravest of the T-rexes that stood against him, and no dragon could match him, and that called soldier, now isn’t a soldier, it’s another dragon, a dragon that just arrived that land. Large, brave, fearful, it broke the peace on the land, raiding the human cities, doing endless hunts against raptors, and taking them from T-rexes, a dragon that only cared about himself, and that sad dragon, did had a name, Draco.

Mankind

When the land was still in peace, mankind had their normal lives, running their cities the way they could, some lived bargaining, others were farmers, others raised cattle, and to organize all that, there were politicians and soldiers to keep the city running in peace.

The city I will talk about, is not only a city, but the city, it’s the capital, where everything happened, if you had a problem, there was where it would be solved, one way or another. Mankind as a whole never had problems with the other forms of life, all he forms of life had found their ways around on how to live a peaceful life, humans just found their place, and let others alone, so by that way, no dragon went there to bother, as well as humans did the same, but that was about to change, change to worse, as soon as that said Draco dragon showed up, it was fine, then he went to the cities, taking the cattle, burning the fields, pissing of the peaceful life that the humans finally could have.

For a while it was acceptable, as being a new comer to the land they hoped others would tell him about the “rules” on the land, but they found out the hard way that they were way too mistaken about that, as after a month, all the hell broke loose. Burning fields, burning houses, entire settlements destroyed, some with no survivors to tell what happened, and at the capital, it was still intact, only with some outsides fields burnt down, but it was enough to make the guy who runs the place make a speech, that guy was known as king, even having anything to assimilate him with a king, no crown, no fancy clothing, he runs the place, and people called him like that anyway, and he also had a name, only called by his name by his close friends, he still had a name, and it was Morgan, Morgan Black, mostly know as king Black, he made his speech.

“My people, come closer, as this concerns us all,” Yelled king Black at the capital’s square, the place where all the news were given. “By the past weeks, you saw our land be destroyed by a dragon, since years we lived in peace, raised our children, raised our walls, raised our nation… in peace with everyone, pleasing them the way we could, to show them how we wanted to live, and it worked since all the time, now you will stand still, waiting more villages be destroyed, more field be burnt, more people be slaughtered to react? We have fought against many to conquer what we have today, and in my side, I won’t let a single dragon, destroy in a single day, what took us years to get, but I can’t do this alone, I need all of you, so, are you with me to defeat such a threat?”.

After the speech the public went crazy, accepting the king’s proposal, and then the king continued “Get yourself ready to defend what is left out of these walls, as we can’t do this alone, we need to seek reinforcements with our neighbors, no matter if it would be T-rexes, nor raptors, if we want to beat him, we would need help,” and after he finishes, he returned to his castle, as the population were preparing to fight the dragon as soon as he showed up. Morgan weren’t a fool, he knew mankind is no match for the dragon, but he also knew, seeking reinforcements with the neighbors is no easy task, as both would ask a high price as reward, so he prepared his horse, and rode after the raptor’s territory, as being small, maybe it would be easier to deal, but also knew, that an alliance with the T-rexes would be the perfect alliance, but he had a different plan, a way to make both ally with him, so went on his way as fast as he could, arriving at the raptor’s side of the land.

Attachments:
The Great War.docx [13.24 KiB]
Downloaded 137 times

Post subject: Re: The Great War
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:54 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Setting a good mood! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:56 am 
Destructive dragon
Species: Dragon
here is the second part... sorry as there is still no action, but, for you thrill seekers, wait just more a few

T-rexes; raptors; humans; allies or enemies?

Arriving the raptor’s side of the land, king Black was surprised by 4 raptor the jumped out of nowhere inside the bushes and got him surrounded, spooking both him and the horse, he had quite a work to hold back the horse, and seeing that the raptors weren’t there to be friendly, he immediately said: “I’m king Black, I’m the one who runs the humans side, I came in peace, want to discuss an issue we are having with your leader, as you raptor may be suffering from the same problem I am…”

The raptors looked to each other, and then back to King Black, and nodded. “Follow us, and no tricks human, we are always watching…” said a raptor, as King Black acknowledged the order and followed the raptors. After a couple of minutes, they found themselves on a clearing, and a cave, where a larger raptor came out from. The other raptors bowed as king Black dismounted the horse, “Who are you human, and what do you want with us, as we had a deal, we don’t go there, and you should have done the same,” the raptor said in a rather serious and angry tone, “First let me introduce myself, I’m king Black, I’m the one who runs the humans side, and it’s a pleasure to meet you you honor….” King Black bowed, showing respect, trying to take an easy talk to the raptor’s leader.

“So king Black, what brings you here?” said the raptor circling the king, doubting of his intentions, as raptors couldn’t trust anyone that showed up. “Well… I presume you raptors had already saw a new dragon that showed up, and I think it is bringing you some serious issues too… right?” the king said staring the raptor all the time, just moving his head around, and when he mentioned about the dragon, the raptor stopped, and stared at him “So you too know about it, as that dragon slaughtered many of us by now, we were forced to move to that cave, as that was the only safe place for us to live, as it’s too small for the dragon to go inside”

While they were speaking, Draco was nearby, ready to attack the raptors, high in the sky, he dived towards the raptors at high velocity, as both the king and the leader jumped to get out of the way, one of the scouts had no luck, he was caught, and taken away, leaving only blood stains on the ground and yells as he was disappearing in the horizon. After a minute when everyone realized what happened, the leader raptor pinned king Black down, shouting at him with anger “You… you brought him here, you will pay for the death of my scout...” before the raptor could finish, king Black replied “How I would know hun? I’m having the same issue as you, our settlements are being destroyed, people are dying, I’m here to ask your help, to fight him down…” The raptor stepped off of the king, “so you want our help? What you will give us as warranty that you are telling us the truth?” the king thought for a while, as he had to think a way that his warranty wouldn’t conflict with the one that the T-rexes might ask, so he said: “Well… maybe we can offer protection and easy food, so you won’t be bothered by the T-rexes” the raptor hissed, and stared straight at the king’s eyes, as the king stayed there still, with a serious face “Deal, I’ll get my best warriors, and meet you in about 2 weeks” and the raptor went away back to the cave, followed by the others, and king Black mounted on is horse, heading to the lands owned by the T-rexes, worried about what he would find there, as those were unknown lands, and he had no clue on how to deal with them, but he was determined to try, as the survival of his people depended on both alliances, as raptors had the speed, and T-rexes the force.

King Black went out of the woods, now somewhere like a savanna, with some small tree masses, but mostly it was an open area, alert, and confident, the King went even deeper into that unknown territory, but well known by the T-rexes, and for the king’s unfortune, there was a T-rex stalking him, ready to make it’s move, but it was too late for the king, when he realized, the T-rex was already after him and knocked him down, and before the king could get up, he found himself pinned down under the massive paws of the T-rex, wiggling, gasping for air as the king yelled “argh… I come in peace, want to discuss a few issues…” the T-rex still in it’s position, replied “helpless human, think you can come here at MY territory and talk to me like that?” yeah, that T-rex was the dominant, he was the one that stood beyond the others, the most respected and fearful T-rex around.

King Black stopped wiggling, and then talked again with a calmer tone “My friend, I came here in peace, I’m having some issues, and I’m seeking help, I’m king Black, the one who runs the humans land, and you too might be having the same problem as I am…” the T-rex hissed, as seeing the king talked on a calmer and serious tone, had more than enough reasons to let him at least stand up. “So human, what is that so serious issue you want to deal? As I’m sure it doen’t concern us, but, maybe it would be good to listen before killing you…” the T-rex asked that with a laugh at the end, and king Black showing no fear, went straight to the point, “The new dragon, he is killing us all, and taking our food… so I’m seeking an alliance to take him down” the T-rex looked back in anger “he is being a disgrace for us… taking our captured raptors, treating us like them, what you would think by seeing US, dominants, pinned down? no more o talk, we have a deal… just let me finish him myself… I see you again in 2 weeks… just don’t screw up” the T-rex kicked the king and ran away, while the king got back to his feet, mounted his horse and rode back to his capital, “God… that was easier than I though…” he told to himself, proud that he could build up an alliance, but his pride was gone when he arrived, the city had a few buildings on fire, men slaughtered, and there was the dragon himself, facing the king in the eyes as he approached.

“Well well well… the king finally arrived…” said Draco tearing apart a soldier he had already captured under his paw, “I foresee that you want to rage war against me, and war is what you will have, and what’s intriguing is the fact you thinking T-rexes and raptors could work thogheter, how fool are you to think about that? And I have a name, Draco, see you around…” Draco flew away into the distance, leaving the king with a heavy feeling of anger, as he ran to inside the capital. The capital itself was still in a good condition, most the men killed were soldiers, and had some houses burnt as so as fields, with the population scared, as they were expecting the worst.

Draco headed to see the T-rexes, as he knew that if they had to work with raptors, they wouldn’t work at all, so he arrived there, seeking the same dominant T-rex that almost killed king Black, and hadn’t too look much, as the T-rex came to him, dashing to attack him, but got pinned down, “heh… you still think that YOU can beat ME? At least I appreciate your persistence…” said Draco smiling, as the T-rex replied in anger “What do you want? I won’t accept anything more from you…” Draco pressed the T-rex down at his belly, “I knew the human came here, and you have a deal with him, but the news is… he had a deal with the raptors, the raptors are already helping him” The T-rex was surprised, and calmed down, as Draco relief on the pressure to let him speak “so he has no more deal… but if you are lying?” the T-rex asked in doubt, “Well, I’ll give you 2 options, not help him anymore, or die here and now” the T-rex found himself on a dead end alley, and having nowhere to run, he nodded, “so what ill win with it?” Draco leaving the T-rex stand up looked at him “I’ll leave you guys alone, wont humiliate you no more, and will leave the captured raptors with you, and live in a neutral relationship, if it isn’t fair enough, maybe you want to hear the second proposal…” Draco trails off, as the T-rex nodded and feared the second proposal, “Deal, you have my word” and the T-rex stayed there still as Draco flew away.

For you might be thinking why he did that, as they say, “the enemy of my enemy is my ally”, and you might be asking yourselves, “how the narrator know all this?” well dear readers, that will be explained later, otherwise a new story had to be told, but let’s go back to our story shall we?. So Draco flew away, and waited the time to come, the time where the war began.

Attachments:
The Great War.docx [18.93 KiB]
Downloaded 117 times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:45 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Not exactly standard to break the fourth wall, but I was never one for standards. :) Keep up the good work!