Post subject: Crazy Christmas Capers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:29 pm 
One Really Big Wolf
Species: Ludicrusly Large Lupine
Crazy Christmas Capers.
( say that ten times fast. )
a story of EPIC proportions.
( or something like that anyway. )

Chapter One - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

The town looked like something out of a Christmas card. A light dusting of snow covered everything that wasn't moving. Shoppers loaded with gifts for young and old. The Howl-i-days were just around the bend. The feeling of joy and good will and peace on every creature's muzzle. Puffs of breaths exiting out of each one as they shuffle in the snow going hither and yon.

Cubs playing in the snow, sliding and sledding, throwing snowballs at one another, it was time to play, time for fun, no school for a few weeks. For the more adventurous types there was skiing up in the nearby mountains. The wilderness like the town was also covered in a layer of new fallen snow, it was very Christmas like.

Paul Jones looked out his window at the scene outside. He sighed, why did he have to be at work on a day like today. He so wanted to be outside playing in the snow with everyone else. Never mind the fact he was 12ft 11in of muscle bound gray wolf, on days like this he wanted to play like a cub in the snow, let them stare at him acting foolish, he didn't care.

He moved another crate in the warehouse to be opened, folks were buying new HDTV's like there was no tomorrow in the store on the other side of the warehouse. P.J. as folks called him, liked his job. It gave him a good workout. Made him so buffed he didn't need a forklift. Even for the heavier crates in the warehouse. He only hated the Howl-i-days as it made him busier, less time to enjoy it like everyone else.

Well, his fellow workers were in the same boat as he was, but they didn't let it get to them as bad as it got to him. P.J. sighed, it was going to be a long day for him and it was just starting too. Perhaps he should take the weekend off, he earned it after all. He never had a sick day nore a day off for years and years. He made up his mind, he was going to take the weekend off and enjoy himself for once.

Little did he know he was going to have an adventure unlike any he ever had before.

Chapter Two - Walking in a winter wonderland....

The weekend couldn't have come fast enough for P.J. Now that it was here he wasn't sure where to start. Perhaps a hike in the snow in the mountains, yea, to go cross country skiing, that sounded like a plan. P.J. got all the stuff he needed for the day packed into a backpack. Then he was off. He rode a bus to the foothills. There he started his hike.

P.J. forgot one thing in all his excitement, a map.

He hiked up and down in the snow, looking for the perfect spot to start skiing. His tail wagged happily as he hiked leaving huge paw prints in the snow behind him. He found a clearing and created a fake giant paw print in the snow. He looked at it once he was done. If anyone else came here they'd think a 100ft wolf had stopped by. P.J. got a good laugh out of that idea.

He continued on his way in the snow. He was getting lost after awhile. He didn't seem to mind, he'd just follow his tracks back if he got too lost in all this whiteness. Wait wasn't that fake track behind him somewhere? P.J. looked ahead and saw a massive paw print in the snow. Was he going in circles? He continued forward.

This wasn't the print he made, for the closer he got to it, the bigger it was. It was much bigger then the one he made. A lot bigger. In fact when he stood at the edge of it he felt very tiny. It must of been mile across. That was impossible he though, nothing could be that big. Yet the print in the snow didn't go away once he thought that. It stayed there.

P.J. out of curiosity more then fear, climbed down into the print. He could see the dermal ridges made in the snow clearly at the bottom of the print. it was like walking in a canyon going down them, as he hiked in them. What am I doing he wondered to himself. Being among these he felt even smaller then when he was looking down into the print.

Up and down up and down, soon he was in the toe print, it was as big as several blocks, his entire neighborhood could fit in one of these toe prints. Then he reached the end and climbed back up out of the foot paw print. He walked a little ways to see where the claws had dug into the snow, leaving a round hole in the deep snow. He whistled as he calculated the size of whatever made them.

Just then a shadow fell across him, at first he thought a cloud had passed in front of the sun. P.J. turned around and was face to toe claw of something he just calculated the size of just a few seconds ago. He looked up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up. Seems like he was off by several miles. P.J. fainted right where he was standing.

To Be Continued....

Post subject: Re: Crazy Christmas Capers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Man, you sure know how to start a story right. Toe print action! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:34 am 
One Really Big Wolf
Dinosorceror wrote:
Man, you sure know how to start a story right. Toe print action! :)

I just hope I don't run out of Christmas song titles for chapters ;-)

If P.J. saw my paw print dermal ridges dat way you'd see 'em as grand canyons for sure, ya' ?

- W -
* Who's debating if this story should be more mature or stay with it being PGish like *

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:45 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I sure would! And I am back to being speck-sized on Faibanx, much to (I'm sure) Tombfyre's dismay. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:13 am 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Bad dino! Don't make me come in there and grow you. :3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:19 am 
One Really Big Wolf
Who need ta' grow 'em when ya' go lotsa folks who grow naturally around the muck ?

- W -
* Who should write some more of this story, but has writer's block, again *