Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Set Up
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:27 am 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
Finally got off my sorry butt and wrote something! Inspired by a trip to Colorado, where I saw some places that appeared to be excellent for cushioning the weight of something very large, such as say... a dragon. This also just happens to go along very well with RavenClaw's most recent art. Enjoy!

I walked slowly around a large boulder near a pine tree and shivered, pulling my cloak tighter around me. I was not used to the cold, nor the thin air in these mountains. It had taken me a long time to get all the way to the mountains. I didn't even know what my mission was yet, only that it payed very high. I saw a small, brown building in the distance. That was my objective for now: just find out what I was going to do. I made my way towards the building, which resolved itself into a cottage as I got closer. I was confused by this at first, but what was it my business? I was just in it for the money... and the thrill that usually came with it.

When I got to the cottage, I saw that the door was slightly open, not enough to see from a distance, but I could see now that I was closer. I pushed the door open and stepped inside. No warmth came from stepping inside. The cottage was in complete disarray, or as much as it could with nothing inside but the roof overhead. And someone. A dark, cloaked figure stood with its back to me. As it heard me enter, it turned and revealed itself to be a fair-complected male human. It threw back its hood and gazed at me with inscrutable eyes. "You are the assassin known as Razor, yes?" he said in a voice that made me shudder. It seemed so... sinister. I shrugged off the feeling and answered with a simple nod of confirmation. "Go then. Down by the lake. You will be briefed there. Then you will recieve the half up front, as promised." I opened my mouth to ask why all the secrecy, but the figure had already turned away, walking towards a tied-up horse nearby. I had no choice but to follow his command.

I pulled my cloak ever tighter as I walked through the thick woods down to this "lake" I was supposed to visit. It turned out to be more of a pond. I saw no one as I approached the shore. I did, however, see a small peninsula going out into the middle of the lake, which widened sudddenly when it got to about the middle and abruptly cut off. The effect was a small island with a very narrow path leading to it across the water. I figured that if nothing else, whoever I was supposed to meet would at least see me. Then I would finally be able to complete my mission and get out of this blasted cold! I made my way across the narrow peninsula and stood in the middle of the island, waiting. I didn't have to wait long. I soon felt a rumble in the ground. I cocked my head to the side, listening. It was unlike anything I had ever heard, yet I knew it couldn't be good.

I stood my ground, knowing that it would only get worse if I fled like a coward, and pulled my cloak against me, trying to get any sort of warmth out of it. The rumbling grew louder, and I realized that it came not from the ground, but from the water! I took a subconscious step back, not knowing what to expect. A spot in front of me started to bubble in a growing circle. I knew then what was coming, though I was unprepared for the glory of the adolescent saphire-scaled dragon's ascent from the water as it - she, I corrected myself, spread her wings, flinging water droplets in all directions, the sunlight glinting off her ivory claws. The dragoness took only a single flap of her wings, then landed on two feet a mere ten yards from where I stood. I thought for a moment that perhaps the dragon was the one who would give me my briefing, then I realized the struggling fur in her hand. "Y-you see?" he sputtered. "I told you he would come! I told you!" "Yes, so you did," the dragoness replied and dropped him to the ground. Twenty feet down. Only the softness of the sand kept his legs intact. "So, I get my half up front now, right?" "Yes," the dragoness said, lifting one foot high, "half up front." The fur looked confused for a moment, then shrieked in horror as one massive, webbed foot slammed down on his legs, crushing them flat.

The dragoness twisted her foot visciously until the fur stopped screaming. "And you can have the other half later," she announced, turning her attention to me. I had stood, stunned during this whole time, seeing the hapless fur permanently lose the use of his legs, now sobbing quietly in a fetal position on the ground. "I'll bet you're wondering why you're here, aren't you?" she asked, taking a step towards me, her three webbed toes spreading elegantly as she stepped down, her paw sinking down quite far into the wet sand. "Well, I'll put it to you simply. You are here because I need something... something to play with for a while, and who better than Razor, The legendary assassin who survived even the king's torture chambers? The first and only survivor of such harsh punishment would surely be able to hold up quite a while against my punishment, don't you think?" I backed away, horrified at what I was hearing. I had been set up. Brought here as nothing more than a - a PLAYTHING. I gulped, my discomfort at the cold suddenly forgotten.

"You look quite cold," the dragoness observed. "I can fix that for you. I like my toys to be thouroughly healthy before I... begin." I knew what she meant by that. I turned around and sprinted as fast as I could towards shore, aiming for the peninsula, the sand slowing me down a bit. Before I even knew what was happening, I was slammed down to the ground by a massive blue paw, warm blood trickling off of the claws and onto my back. I did have to admit, however, that the paw was warm, though I knew I wouldn't enjoy this much longer. The dragoness rubbed her paw to the side, rolling me over underfoot. I caught some sand in the mouth and spat it out, only to recieve a mouthful of blood in return. I struggled not to gag, just to spit it out to the side, otherwise it would just become and endless cycle. When I met the dragoness's gaze, I saw that she was grinning widely. "So much fun already and we're just getting started," she said mockingly, pressing her foot down on me a little harder. "I'm so excited. Let's begin shall we?" I could hardly wait.

The dragoness's next move was to step her other foot onto my lower body. I opened my mouth to let out a scream of pain, and instead got a faceful of dragon foot. She stepped down right on my face, her middle toe finding my mouth and going in, dripping warm fox blood down my throat. I gargled, trying to get the taste out of my mouth, but the dragoness wasn't about to let up any weight, and so I was forced to swallow the blood. I gagged, and my tongue involuntarily stuck out, licking across bottom of the dragoness's toepad. The taste was horrible. It was like a thousand rotting fish, and one not-so-rotten fox. I could feel the dragoness's mrrhing through her soles. She lifted her left foot off my legs, only to step down on my chest, forcing my tongue out again to run across her toe, all the tastes of everything she had stepped in (or on) were there in my mouth now. She repeated this process several times, forcing me to clean off all the blood from her sole with my tongue by stomping down on my chest.

After sufficiently drenching her sole in my own saliva, the dragoness finally took her foot out of my mouth, though it was only a moment of bliss as she immediately stepped on my face again. This time she wiped her foot across my snout, starting with the heel, and dragging her sole all the way down my snout before setting her foot down on my head again, then wiping her other foot down my lower body, dragging over some of my most sensitive areas, rewarding her with a muffled screech every time she wiped her left foot. Every time she wiped her foot, she stomped it back down a little bit harder, first pounding my head under the sand, then my lower body. With each stomp I sank farther and farther into the sand. The more the dragoness stomped and wiped her feet, the more violent she got, now beginning to slice her claws against my sclales, tearing my cloak off and opening up long gashes across my torso and down my snout.

I tried to resist the dragoness's weight, but it was just too much. The only thing keeping me from being utterly crushed underfoot was the softness of the sand. The next time she wiped her foot across my face, I jerked it to the side just as she set her foot down. I saw a sparkle of hope for but a moment as she lifted her other foot off me as well. Perhaps that was the end of my torture. That sparkle soon blotted out when I tried to roll away, and was when her foot crashed down on my back, forcing the air from my lungs. "And just where do you think you're going?" The dragoness said in a mocking tone. I gasped for air underfoot, trying to wriggle myself out at the same time. The dragoness just pressed me down farther into the sand. She frowned down at my continued attempts at escape. She lifted her foot slightly, then SLAMMED it back down with enough force that I was absolutely sure I heard something crack. It was my right leg. Her foot lifted off, and I moved to clutch at it in pain, but her foot crashed down on me again with even more force than before. This time it was my ribs that creaked under the pressure. She rested her foot on me for a moment, allowing the sand to find its way into the still-open wounds on my torso and face. I screamed in pain, though the sound traveled only as far as the ground and the dragoness's scaly sole.

The scaly, blue foot lifted off me for just a moment, allowing me to flip myself over on my back to keep more sand from getting in, but also made the next STOMP all the more painful, the dragoness's scales on her sole grinding in the sand even deeper. She cruelly twisted her foot, opening my gashes even deeper and getting my blood all over her sole. I writhed in agony underfoot. The dragoness lifted her foot once more, then STOMPED down hard enough to cause me to sink down a good sixteen inches into the sand. She then proceeded to repeat this process, lift, stomp, lift, stomp. After a few stomps, every one forcing me to watch my own blood dripping off her toeclaws before being slammed into momentary darkness, my own blood started to cause a bit of suction every time her foot lifted. I started to stick slightly when she lifted her foot, fall off, then hit the ground just as her foot crashed down on top of me again. I began to weaken under the constant trampling and the blood loss.

Finally, the dragoness made a mistake. She stepped off me, then actually allowed me to stand! I would not wait for another oppurtunity, this was as good as it was going to get. Without hesitation and despite my wounded leg, I dove into the nearby water. Raptors are not built for swimming. Though I have trained myself to do so, it is still quite difficult. I heard the dragoness crash into the water behind me. I swam under the waves, hoping to hide myself somewhat, or at least make myself harder to spot. I had to contain my surprise when I found my snout under her foot again. From just in front of my eyes forward, my snout was pinned under the webbing in between the dragoness's toes. I hoped against hope that there were no nerves in that part of her foot, otherwise I was dead where I lay. Then again, if she didn't know I was there, that could be bad as well. I was extremely lucky. She moved on! I desperately wanted to go up for air, but I knew it would give away my position if I did so. I had to swim quickly to spread out the blood from my open wounds, lest the dragoness find me.

My lungs screamed for air, but I kept going until I got what I thought would be a sufficient distance away before surfacing. I tried my best to take in air slowly enough not to draw attention. It was too late, though. As soon as I surfaced, the dragoness's head snapped towards me, her cold, blue eyes locking with mine. I wasted no time. I was close enough to shore to make my way onto the beach, then sort of hop/run into the woods. I felt confident that I would be able to lose her there, where she could not maneuver. I had not gone far when I heard an intake of breath behind me. My eyes widened in horror, and I barely had enough time to leap behind a boulder before a raging fireball consumed all the forest behind me and engulfed it in flames.

That was the dragoness's second mistake. The bright light from the blazing fire contrasted the rest of the forest, covering my escape as I ran off through the trees. I heard her raging roar of fury at my escape, and knew that she would soon be flying overhead, searching for me. I changed my scales to a dark shade of brown mixed with some army green to provide a bit more cover for myself and plunged into the darkest part of the woods, taking as many jinks and turns as I could to throw her off.

It took quite a while, but I finally lost her. I leaned against the base of a tree, exhausted, and looked back the direction I had come. I could still see, far off in the distance, where I had been to start, bloody footprints everywhere, some with an imprint of a raptor inside. I shuddered, then realized that the dragoness had returned, obviously in a foul mood. It was then I noticed the fur that the dragoness had had in her hand from the beginning was still there, trying to drag himself away with his arms. I had completely forgotten about him. The dragoness walked up to him, shaking with fury, lifted her foot high, and SLAMMED it down on him, sending a sickening crack all the way to where I hid and sending blood spurting everywhere. I shuddered in sympathy. I had no time to ponder this, though. I had to leave now, before the dragoness continued her search. I stood gingerly, avoiding bending too much at the middle, and took off at a shaky yet steady pace. My leg would heal soon. I did my best to avoid paths and clearings, fading off into the underbrush within seconds.

Post subject: Re: Set Up
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:02 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Very nicely done, Razor! :)

:ninastomp: :ninastomp: :ninastomp: :ninastomp:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:57 pm 
Species: N/A
This is great honor, comrade !
I believe this story is completely fantasic. What is more, you have recognized the dragon as a female. I haven't decided the dragon's sex which I had drawn. If you have described the dragon through my art, you have described her much more beautiful and even more evil than the one in my art. Through this story, she will be my first character with a concrete characteristic in the arts I have ever drawn. I'd like to name her Saphira after her form's color. I must thank you for writing such a nice story.
Oh, and perhaps I should not say about that, I think 'saphire' must be 'sapphire'. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:26 pm 
smexy assassin
RavenClaw wrote:
This is great honor, comrade !
I believe this story is completely fantasic. What is more, you have recognized the dragon as a female. I haven't decided the dragon's sex which I had drawn. If you have described the dragon through my art, you have described her much more beautiful and even more evil than the one in my art. Through this story, she will be my first character with a concrete characteristic in the arts I have ever drawn. I'd like to name her Saphira after her form's color. I must thank you for writing such a nice story.
Oh, and perhaps I should not say about that, I think 'saphire' must be 'sapphire'. :)
Actually, I had the idea for this story quite some time ago. However, it was your art that inspired me to get off my butt and finish writing it. I should thank you for that. The one thing that I changed was that I made the dragon two-legged. As for the spelling, I was a bit dazed. And here it was about two in the morning when I was writing that part. I would love to see this dragon in more art, though, perhaps with some gore? I am glad you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:58 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Fantastic story, Razor - thanks for sharing it!

You are one very lucky and resilient raptor :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:31 pm 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
Cool story, bro.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:03 pm 
smexy assassin
I've noticed that nobody really seems to care much for this story. It would be of mutual benefit if I knew what it was that everyone liked or didn't like about this story. I can't very well improve if I don't know anything. :( I don't even know if anyone likes it because no one has said anything outside of "good job" or something of that sort (besides RavenClaw). I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or even, dare I say, critiques? I'd almost be happy with attention drawn to spelling errors at this point! Just don't get carried away. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:42 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Just because I didn't get off to the story doesn't mean it wasn't a good story. As I mentioned to you on Faibanx MUCK, I don't get anything out of gory stuff, but I'd wager that people who do got a lot out of this one. :stomp:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:35 pm 
smexy assassin
What I mean is, that I want to know exactly what it was that everyone liked or disliked about the story. Who liked the gore, who didn't; what should I have done different; that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:55 pm 
smexy assassin
Being used as a plaything in itself isn't a bad thing. The only problem is that I don't want to *die* at the end of it. Dragons are heavy, if you haven't noticed. Even with a padded surface such as sand.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:54 pm 
smexy assassin
Yes, but Ahastar is half demon and he can resurrect. When I die, I'm dead. What alternative is there other than to escape? Lie there and *act* like I'm dead? Dragons are not so easily fooled.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:49 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Ah, so many delicious stories going on here!
Very nicely done. 8-)