Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: origins of hardskale inst 4
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:42 am 
Wee li'le roo
Species: Kangaroo
Through dimming consciousness Karo saw earth getting closer. In minutes he was in the atmosphere, the small vessle was moving fast. Karo remained dimmly conscious, but was keenly awear he was blacking out from time to time and that was most likely why the ship seemed to move so fast. Before long, the ground was lurching up at Karo. Maybe it was just the fog in his mind, but it looked like he was landing in australia. "Not landing, Crashing." he said wearily to nobody. The ship slammed into the earth, shaking the poor dragon and creating a long furrow in the surface. He was still alive but barely, proboly some internal bleeding as well as some wounds that had been reopened by the jostling. Darkness creeped in again, but as it did, Karo saw three roo faces and a wolf looming over the cockpit at him, but before he could ask what they wanted, or who they were, he passed back out.

Karo woke again, but something was different... his body moved different. When he opened his eyes to look around, he found he had been placed in a large tube full of water and had on a breathing apparatus. There were tubes coming in and out of him, and something was wrong with his body. His whole body was different, it had black fur all over it, bright green fur on his belly, and fingers, and toes. There was some grey on his forearms, wait forearms, yes his right forearm was back but it was metal and wire and an odd erie glow of green from in between the joints and the like. Karo began to panic, he didn't know what was wrong, he didn't know where he was, what was this tube and water all around him. He began to thrash and kick and found that he had an extra limb in the process, his tail stiffened funny and allowed him to kich the glass with both feet at the same time with enough force to shatter it.
The water rushed out, taking Karo with it, pulling out tubes and pulling off the respirator and causing him to cough and sputter, and even hack up stuff that must've been in there for ages. He stood up, or he tried to stand up and fell right back down, His feet and legs wouldn't move right for him, so he lay there in the puddle of glass and water. Three Kangaroos and a Wolf woman came rushing in to see what the noise was. Karo groaned and looked up at them all. "Wh-who are you, I'll beat you soft, what did you do to me?" He managed to gasp out through considerable lack of breath and sudden shoots of pain that were starting everywhere as the water around him turned red from where the IV's had been yanked out.
The wolf, Blue furred and darker blue on the front which seemed an almost backward color pattern as well as an odd one, came forward and began picking him up, while the biggest of the three roos did so as well at his feet. "Lets get him to a bed Claire, he's in shock." The wolf said as Karo dimly looked about and up at the wolf who carried him just so that his nose was touching her boobs.
They got him into a bed and his bleeding stopped and wrapped, then they proceeded to sit by him and talk to him and explain things while his metaphorical fog cleared. "Wh-who are you wolf...and who are these kangaroos, what have you all done to me?" Karo asked again with markedly more consciousness and breath.
"I am Kalena, the bigger tan and grayish brown Kangaroo there is Claire and the two plump younger roos next to her are her daughters. The tan one with the pink points is Kandi, And the Blue one in red stockings and Goth/punk wear is Beyonica. Beyonica is part wolf herself. We are genetic workers, and cybernetics technicians. Myself I also do some industrial work on the side so I'm a little more buff than most females, and I don't mind you staring at my breasts but try not to stare at the kangaroo's pouches, we gave you one that you can stare at all you like."
Karo looked around as she talked, he was indeed stopping to stare at everything, but more to commit to memory and try and recall who he was and how he got here. "Pouch? what?" Karo looked himself over now, a little better than before. They had indeed made him into a kangaroo, this much was obvious. They had also put a pouch on his belly, but it was cybernetic. Karo knew quite some about kangaroos, Torchie had told him and they had become his favorite animal besides most candids. "HEY! male kangaroos aren't suposed to have those! My goolies are upside down, and why am I black and neon frickan green, I'm a walking glow stick!"
Kalena smirks "You were supposed to come out like Claire over there, tan and brownish grey, but all the celestial radiation made you black and green, plus the dragon magic’s and potions you had and have in you. Plus we found traces of an unusual type of green crystalline mineral leeching plant life found on a distant planet, and some here too."
Karo didn’t quite understand what this blue wolf was telling him, and truth be told he was half distracted by her feet which were Paw-like in appearance. Somewhere between a wolf’s paw and a human foot, bearing pads on the bottom, a four toed arrangement in the front and duller claws than would be found on a feral wolf. This probably explained why the nylon stockings she was wearing were not ripped to shreds. As Karo looked about with his attention span still so short, he noticed the three female kangaroos were wearing footwear as well. He could see through Beyonica, the blue kangaroo roo’s red leopard print stockings that her feet were the same as his, only softer and considerably more feminine, smaller as well. Three toes with the inner one being a sort of Double-toe with two small dull claws on the tip. But againt he claws were dulled and even seemed to slide back into the toe some as if retractable like a cats.
The Toes were set in a manner that was not quite normal of a kangaroo, thicker and more proportioned to each other but still maintaining the middle one being the longest. The feet were a bit thicker and wider than normal kangaroo’s probably to compensate for the more plantigrade stance. Kangaroos are always plantigrade but himself and these three seemed to have humanoid legs to go along with the slightly humanoid feet, but of course he would notice this with his experience and interest in the area.
A snapping noise brought Karo’s attention around. Kalena was snapping her fingers at him and snarling a bit. “Hey! Glow stick, listen to the fluffy blue wolf, important information. Pfft males. I was telling you that it was these three Marsupial compadres that descided to put a pouch on you, I know it’s a bad joke, but trust me, you’ll love how useful it becomes. Don’t worry it’s not all icky inside, it’s cybernetic and totally artificial. Your Dragon blood, and all the chemicals we found in it, along with the faint traces of humanoid DNA, has created your unusual appearance as I was explaining. And they in fact allowed for that pouch to actually have small dimensional pockets to store stuff that only you know how to navigate. We put it in and it took on a mind of its own. It wouldn’t let us in anymore. Now onto something really important, what is your name?”
Karo hadn’t even thought of that yet, his mind was in a sort of fog and clearing slowly. He had one hand fidgeting with his new pouch as he answered in a quiet almost mumble since he is half distracted. “Hardskale, Karo Hardskale.” He said automatically, not even remembering anymore that that really was not his name, not his real one.
Kalena’s ears perked, as did the kangaroos. They all went wide eyed at the name for some reason. Then Claire, the bigger roo spoke. She towered over everyone in the room, Karo had been wondering how she got so big, but her voice was smooth and melodious. “Would you run that by us again?”
Karo looked up at Claire “Karo Hardskale, uh…ma’am” He was considerably intimidated by her for some odd reason. She was wearing a very concervative attire, something you’d see some older woman wear. A pair of navy blue nylons inside a pair white gym socks inside a pair of sneakers that looked to be all custom fit. She wore a long denim skirt and a white blouse with a blue blazer an d apari of round spectacles on her muzzle. Though she didn’t look to be real old to Karo, he was curious of the attire. She looked as though she belonged in an old Pentecostal church.
“Karo Hardskale died years ago after taking out nearly a whole clan of dragons and setting about a chain reaction that gave this world back to the mammals. The dragons that were left lost a link in their magic that kept the planet and many of them so big, as well as the continents all in one spot. He successfully ended their reign and then disappeared. Many of them shrank down, but not all. Karo Hardskale’s name went down in many books and with many titles for all that muck; Pirate, Lord, Rebel, Dragon Slayer, etc. He’s been wanted by the dragon communities since the event, though not many of them pursue him now of course, it’s been hundreds of years. The funny thing is that his castle still stands and is guarded by a very testy dragoness, her young radiant beauty becons them to their death. Some say she should look so much older but something about her keeps her from aging at all. Some say Karo Hardskale was her love and when he disappeared she vowed to guard that ruined castle for eternity. So far, if that all is true, she does. I’ve seen her fry entire armies. You can’t be Karo Hardskale. Besides he was a…”
Karo butted in, he’d heard what is unbelievable to him, but in the same instance oddly swallowable to an eccentric fellow such as himself. “A dragon? And What did I come here as milady?” Suddenly Karo was speaking with an accent, an old English type accent, but with force. Something inside him burned.

A roo is made. You all know the drill.

Post subject: Re: Dragon slayer instalment 4
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:23 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Wow, this is the most interesting episode yet, at least story-wise! Keep it coming!