Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Evil Genius - Ch. 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:39 pm 
Species: Wolf
I don't know that any of you know the answer to this, but Sofurry only allows .txt files to be directly uploaded. Well, I generally start with a .doc and save as a .txt. Well, the problem is that all my formatting is lost when I transition. So instead of having a space between each paragraph instead I have to have 2 spaces if I want the space to exist in .txt format. Anybody know an easy way to correct this so I don't have to manually put a space in after each paragraph just so I can upload a stupid story? (Btw, the same thing must be done for me to copypaste it onto here as well.)

He rubbed his paws together with a childish glee as he stood before the door. To him, it felt as if he were a child and inside the next room was where the surprise party was going to be held and there’d be cake, ice cream and presents. He could barely contain himself as he pushed down on the handlebar and opened the wooden door.

The light that was giving a faint aura through the space underneath quickly flooded the hallway, giving rise to the shape and texture of the cavernous hallway. Rook had to squint for a moment as his eyes adjusted. He had already become accustomed to the darker view of the hall but the reflection from all of the metal instruments in the room only served to blind him momentarily as well.

The room had a circular appearance and had many tables and shelves with different kinds of instruments on top. Some had glass filled with an array of colorful liquids while others had tools and gadgets of which purpose was unknown to anyone else. But none of these interested the tiger at this moment. Instead, he walked - nearly skipping - straight ahead to the door on the other side of the room.

This door was thicker and made of metal. In fact, it was the room where the tiger got to carry out his experiments. He hesitated at this door and stared at the handle. Why am I so nervous? If this experiment fails then I’ll just continue my research and keep trying… but I am confident that this will work. With a quick turn of the handle he pushed the door open and a bit of light entered the room.

“Who’s there?” a voice calls out from the darkness.

“The tooth fairy,” Rook replies sarcastically.

A small silence ensues. “What’s wrong? Cat got your tongue?” Rook says smugly.

“P-please… let me go,” the voice responds, but not as loud as it was before.

Rook flips a switch and the room lights up. The room looks rather plain. There’s another steel door along a side wall which leads into an observing room which provides a convenient spot for observing through the plexiglass window that separates the rooms. But the most eye-catching part was the center of the room where a steel chair was placed. Sitting in this chair was a wolf. He was naked and bound by his ankles, wrists and neck to the spot with steel braces, unable to escape.

“Let you go? But where would the fun in that be?” Rook muses.

“But why me? I didn’t do anything to you?

The tiger cocks a brow. “Oh, you didn’t, did you? You’ve done many things to me. Laughed at me… ridiculed me…” And broke my heart, he thought.

“No, I didn’t do any of that. You’ve got the wrong wolf!”

Rook pondered his words. “Well, in your defense, it wasn’t you in particular that did this to me. But all of the bad in this world has come from your species. That one time I was a cub and the neighbor’s pup bit me. When I was in school and that pack of wolves teased me almost every day. Or the time that,” he paused, “But why am I explaining myself to you?”

The wolf gave a frightened and confused look back. “That doesn’t make any sense. Are you blaming your bad childhood experiences on me?”

“They’re not all childhood experiences! It’s a recurring theme. The point is, you can’t trust a wolf. And since you’re a wolf… well, you can blame genealogy for this. You’ve just got bad genes.”

“Are you kidding? I’ve never done anything bad in my life. Least of all anything to you!”

“Silence! The only thing I want to hear from you is the sweet sound of you begging for mercy.”

“Will you let me go then?” the wolf asks.

“Let me think about it.” Not even a second passes before he responds, “No.” The tiger then remembers something that he wanted to try out. “Wait a second. I do have a proposition for you. I will let you go if you can pass a test.”

The wolf earperks at the thought but dreads to ask the question on his mind. “What kind of test?”

“Did you ever see the movie, Dr. Yes No Maybe So?”

A small smile comes across the wolf’s muzzle, forgetting his predicament for a moment. “Oh yeah! I love those James Trox movies.”

Figures, he thought. He rummaged through his pockets and is pleased to find a quarter in his pocket. He pulls it out and places it in the wolf’s paw. “Well if you can get out of this predicament then I’ll let you go.”

The wolf’s grin changed to a gape. “Wait a minute! You mean you’re going to shoot a laser at me?”

Rook snickered, “You catch on pretty quick.” He began to pad to the door leading to the plexiglass room. “Just don’t mess up or your life’s going to be cut short.”

A look of panic invaded the wolf’s face. “Wait! This isn’t fair. Please let me go. I’ll do anything, I’m sorry!”

Music to my ears. He merely opened the door and responded, “Good luck,” before closing it behind him. There was a control box in front of the plexiglass that he made his way towards, pressing a few buttons. A ceiling panel opened up in the wolf’s room and a laser slowly descended, stopping a few feet in front of the wolf. He seemed very panicky, but from Rook’s view, it seemed he was indeed up for the game. He chuckled to himself and then pressed a few more buttons. A countdown timer starting from ten then began from an overhead speaker.

Rook looked with much interest. Not only would he be one step closer to his revenge on wolves but he would also win the argument with his mate about the plausibility of that stupid movie. 3…2…1… A bright blue flash of light shot out from the device. A shining silver object whirled its way through the air. It went up and over the device, a miserable shot. Rook laughed at the wolf’s feeble attempt. I knew it was impossible.

As Rook gazed at the chair from his view from the side, it looked as if the wolf had just disappeared. Now he just needed to verify that everything went well. He went into the room and stood in front of the chair. A smile swept across his maw.

Upon the chair was a small little creature. In fact, it was the same creature that was sitting there just a moment ago… only pocket-sized. He was now about two inches tall.

The wolf had his arms in front of his face as if to shield himself from something. It took only a few moments for him to realize that he shouldn’t be able to do this. He opened his eyes and standing in front of him was a giant tiger. He looked around at where he was and, Oh my God! There’s a giant tiger! He quickly got up and ran to the edge of the metal platform he was standing on. He comes to a teetering stop once he realizes that he’s out of ground to run on. He turns around and sees a massive paw coming towards him. He backs away from it but forgets for a moment about being at the edge. He falls backwards with a yelp and lands on something soft yet firm. It’s then that he comes to the realization that he landed in the tiger’s palm.

Rook was already a step ahead of the wolf as he leaned over to catch him. Quick, but not quick enough. He closed his palm around the mini-wolf. “Woah there little guy. Where do you think you’re going?”

The wolf looked around, looking very fearful. “Let me go!”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. Do you know what would happen if I let go of you? Perhaps you should take a look down before you make such a silly demand.”

The wolf folded his ears. He was at the mercy of this giant feline and he was still unsure why. All he knew was that he had to get away somehow. Maybe if I can get out of here and find someone…

Rook was pleased with himself. With the small wolf in tow he walked back into his main lab area. “Well, Mr. Unvoluntary Volunteer, how does it feel to be at the mercy of someone else for once?”

The wolf pushed against the tiger’s fingers, trying to pull himself out in vain. “Shut up and let me go!”

The tiger was becoming annoyed with the wolf’s continuous futility. “Now, now, is that any way to treat your master? Oh wait, that reminds me I need to give you a name.” He begins to think to himself as he approaches a counter.

“My name is Richard! Now let me go!”

“Let’s see… you don’t shut up and you are already getting on my nerves… Ah ha! I got it. I shall name you Lester.”

Richard becomes a bit frustrated but he’s still very much scared. He bites the tiger’s finger as hard as he can. The tiger then lets out a growl of pain and drops the wolf on top of the counter. The wolf decides to make a run for it but before he can get very far he finds himself face down on the counter and in a bit of pain. It seems that the tiger had pinned him down pretty hard beneath his palm. “That’s no way to treat your master,” said Rook. “I think I’m going to put you in the time-out zone.”

With that being said, Rook grabbed the wolf up roughly and put him in a nearby plastic cage. He dropped the wolf inside and watched as he landed on top of the cedar shavings that lined the bottom. The wolf landed with an ‘oomph.’ It wasn’t long before he was back up and pounding at the walls of his plastic prison. Rook closed the lid and gazed inside. “I’m going to let you think overnight about what you did, Lester. You’re not getting any food tonight for that. Now I’m going to go to bed. When I come back you’d better apologize. Like it or not, you’re now my pet and you’ll either listen to your master or you’ll be punished. Do we have an understanding?” The little wolf continued to pound at the wall and shout about being released. “Looks like you need to be housebroken.”

The feline wheeled around to the entrance, shut the lights off before heading out and closed the door behind him. Richard falls to his knees and, his paws pressed against the wall of the cage. Why is this happening to me? It’s not fair. His anger now subsided, he gives in to the sadness that overcomes him as his tears eventually lead to sleep.

Post subject: Re: Evil Genius - Ch. 2
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:24 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Mmmmm, s'gettin' good! :)