Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Evil Genius - Ch. 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:28 pm 
Species: Wolf
Not a lot of plot furthering in this one. I'm calling it my fan-service chapter. You all might enjoy this one (even though I'm not the biggest fan of destruction).

Edit: I've no clue how to get this stupid thing to format correctly. Sorry, Dino, I tried. It looks good when I paste it but then it turns all my indenting to nothing and looks like crap. :(

Edit edit: Well, seems that none of the other sites liked the indention form as it formatted it away when I used copypasta. :( This annoys me greatly. Stupid internet crappy posting sites... >.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the beginning, there was nothing... and then there was light. Richard moved his arm to shield his face from the sudden change from darkness. He peered around bleary-eyed as he just awoke. At first he just wanted to sleep in some more so he moved his paw to reach for the covers to pull them over himself but he couldn't seem to find them. He rolled over, brushing more shavings around him and it was then that he remembered where he was.

He looked back towards the light but his view was obstructed. There was a giant face peering at him, just in front of the cage. "Good morning, sunshine," it said. "Did we sleep well?"

Richard knew it was useless to continue to plead with the tiger to let him go. For the while he would just have to play his little games and try his best to think up some sort of plan to escape. "I would've slept better on a real bed." Just because I'm going to play his game doesn't mean I'm going to play nice.

The tiger smirked. "Well, if I remember correctly, this is the punishment box. If you think you can be a good little pet then I'll let you out."

The wolf nodded. "I'll be a good pet." For now.

"Excellent. Now before I let you out, is there anything you're forgetting?"

Richard thought about the question. Oh, I guess that's what he wants. "Er, I'm sorry."

Rook cocked a brow in fake surprise as this is what he was wanting. "Sorry? For what?"

"For biting you," the wolf said, looking down. He heard a ruffling noise and looked up just in time to see a massive paw coming down at him. He let out a yip and ducked for cover. The end result was the same as he found himself being raised into the air in a firm grip. The next thing he knew he was being pressed up against the tiger's soft chestfur in a hug.

"Awr, it's okay." He begins to pet over the little thing. Yes, wolves can be very good pets. "Well, since you're being such a good boy today I think I'll give you a treat." He put the wolf down on top of the counter and went to go look for something in some of the drawers.

As he did so, the wolf took the chance to survey his surroundings. He noticed that there were four doors in this room, two steel and two wooden. He remembered the wooden one as the door the tiger used to exit last night. He saw many contraptions lying around but he wasn't sure exactly how he was going to plan his escape. Before he knew it the giant was looming above him with a wide grin on his face. He lowered his hand, palm outstretched and dropped something in front of him. "I made it just for you," he said.

Richard picked up the object and realized that it was a red collar. He wasn't much a fan of the color but he still had to put up with the tiger for now. He grabbed the collar and noticed that it said 'Lester' on it in black lettering. "Gee, thanks. I don't know what to say," he said sounding a little unenthused but reluctantly putting on the collar.

"Heh, well you could always say thank you, master. But think nothing of it," he shot back quickly. "Anyways, now that you're up it's time for your morning exercise." He picked up the wolf and began to walk towards one of the steel doors that he's yet to see behind. The door is pushed open and lights turn on as they enter. The room seemed very plain. It was bigger than any of the other rooms. The entire floor seemed padded as well as the walls. "Welcome to the holographic playroom."

Richard perked his ears as he heard that. "What?" He couldn't imagine something like this actually existing. The tiger didn't seem to be joking though. He was let down on the ground and he looked around the room and the bareness of it, wondering how this room full of padding could do something like that. He saw Rook go up to a wall and pull open a panel that was hidden amongst the padding. He pulled a keyboard drawer out from the wall and began to type in something. He then closed it shut along with the wall and began to walk back.

"Okay, it's starting up now," he said while eagerly rubbing his paws together. He then ran to the opposite side of the room.

Richard stared at the tiger bemusedly. He wasn't sure what exactly Rook was going on about but he was interested in this hologram stuff. It was then that buildings began to fade into existence. Buildings that were more suited to the size of the wolf. For a moment he felt as if he weren't small... at least in comparison to his current situation. He gaped in awe as what began to look like a downtown area, complete with skyscrapers, came into existence all around him. There were even cars and people walking around just like a real city.

A car grinded to a halt behind him and began to honk its horn at him. He then realized that he was standing in the middle of the street. He stepped off to the sidewalk quickly and stared in disbelief as the driver gave him a mean look. "This is amazing!" He looked around for the tiger but couldn't seem to find him. It was then that he heard a loud crash and chunks of a skyscraper came falling to the ground. The building wasn't too close but it was close enough for him to see the giant tiger as he thrashed his way through the building with ease. A deafening roar met Richard's ears as the tiger managed to push over the building straight to the ground.

Richard was filled with amazement and now his emotions were giving way to fear. Crowds of people began to run past him, screaming as they went by. An explosion shook the building near the wolf as the tiger began to make its way seemingly towards him. "ROAR!" came another sound that shook the building just as much. What the heck? Richard wasn't sure what exactly was going on but he didn't have any fear. This is all just a hologram anyways. He swung his hand at the brick building next to him only to have it hit solid rather than go through as he expected. He was taken aback as he realized that he might actually be in danger. He didn't put it past the tiger to harm him, but to find himself under a falling building didn't seem to suit his tastes. He decided it would probably be best if he were to follow the crowd away from the sounds that seemed to be creeping ever so close.

"Lester? Where are you?" jeered the booming voice. The question was followed by more sounds of falling debris and the toppling of buildings as the tiger swiped at yet another structure. The wolf could now make out the ears of the tiger from where he was as he looked back, continuing to run. "You can run, but you can't hide forever. The longer it takes me, the angrier I get." From the sound of it he was making his way closer. He didn't think it wise to hide inside a building as it seemed none of the other buildings around the feline were faring very well. He ran as hard as he could, trying to take a zig-zag approach to get away from the giant. Unfortunately, it seemed as if the tiger knew just where he was as he was now within sight of him.

"Fe fi fo fum. I smell the blood of a tiny little wolf." Richard could see the giant smirk on the tiger's face as he carelessly made his way towards him. Compacted sheets of metal remained in the wake of the giant's footsteps as any vehicles in his way were 'renovated.' Even terrified pedestrians were no match for the sheer weight of the giant as many were crushed beneath his huge, black pads.

The wolf ran as hard as he could, but the giant cat was easily able to keep up with him just with normal strides. "Stay away you monster!" It was then that he saw Rook pick up a taxi and throw it in his direction. Richard yipped in surprise and dove at that instant. The vehicle sailed above him, not really coming close to hitting him, but unnerving him nonetheless.

"Just stay still so I can stomp you flat you mangy little wolf," the tiger sneered. He continued his pace towards the wolf.

Richard rolled to the side as a giant paw smashed down where he was, leaving a nice indention in the pavement. "You're a maniac!" he yelled. He was almost sure that he was going to die here. As if on cue, he looked up to see another paw bearing down on him. It was too close for him to dodge. His mind turned to the images of the crushed citizens as he was now close enough to make out the texture of the paw. His arms immediately moved upwards to cover his face out of reflex. It didn't make much difference as his fate was the same.

It was then that he felt the paw bear down on him. Everything around him grew dark. The next thing he knew he was being pressed down into something soft as the ground gave way. The giant paw was heavy on top of him but it was not harming him. It then began to sway back and forth over his body as if he were being grounded into the dirt. He was having a hard time breathing with all of the weight on his body.

Suddenly, the paw lifted and he gasped a few times for the fresh air. It was then that he noticed that the room was empty; back to the way that it originally was. He noticed he was sitting on the padded floor and lumbering over him was Rook. A look of confusion encroached upon his face as he was not sure what just happened.

Rook stretched out his arms and smiled. "That was a nice exercise, pet. Looks like you might need to work on those reflexes though. I'd also recommend looking both ways when crossing the street."

Richard felt at himself to make sure he was really still there. "Wait, so that was all... fake?"

The tiger chuckled and playfully smooshed the wolf back into the padded floor, making sure to ruffle up his fur. "Well, in a sense. The holograms can be turned solid for a more realistic approach. I set it up so that if any real harm befell you or if I caught you that the simulation would end." He couldn't help but snort out, "You didn't really think I'm so sadistic a master that I enjoy bringing pain to my pets now do you?" He obviously found the situation quite humorous as he could barely contain his laughter.

The wolf felt just the opposite. He got up and smoothed his fur down. "What are you talking about? I was fearing for my life and you turned it into some sort of sick game." He glared at the tiger. The next moment he was being grabbed by the feline and pulled to his chest, snugged tight.

"Awr, I would never intentionally hurt one of my pets," Rook said. He gave the wolf a big lick up his body. "But it seems that you lost the game fair and square."

The wolf was still unhappy with the tiger but he managed to calm himself for the time being. "What are you talking about?"

"Well, there was a time limit on the game. Since I got you within the time limit it looks like I won. And to the victor goes the spoils."

"Woah, hold on there a second. You didn't explain anything about this."

"Bah, it doesn't matter. Whether or not you lost is not the point. Now as the victor, I declare that you give me a foot massage."

The wolf gaped. "What do you mean that who won doesn't matter?"

The tiger thought for a moment and smiled. "I guess you have a point." He sat down on the ground and let a foot fall atop the wolf, pinning him to the floor under its weight. "I suppose that does give me the right to rub it in."

Post subject: Re: Evil Genius - Ch. 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
More, more!

Post subject: Re: Evil Genius - Ch. 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:58 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
*Roars approval and leans closer to watch*