Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A 'Little' Scene - I done wrote a thing!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 am 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
It sure as heck is not much of anything, but I guess this is my first official furry writing. I've been in such a rut that I haven't written anything for myself in about a year, so I'm woefully out of practice. I also never actually wrote anything furry before...except maybe some dragons. Don't even know where it came from, just did it out of the blue. Hope it's enjoyable, even though it will sadden certain raptors with lack of s/poo. (Kidding!)

---------

Chad, a young gray wolf, yawned as he sat at the convenience store desk. The low hum of the fluorescent lights was beginning to get to him. Night shift was the absolute worst. Nothing to do but sit and be bored, clean, and deal with weirdos. Just as he was about to nod off into the cash register, the bell hanging over the door jingled, causing him to jerk his head back up and focus on his newly arrived customer. A fox stepped in the doorway, dressed in tight black spandex shorts, a leather strap around one ankle, and a kind of black leather vest. Oh great, thought Chad, another weirdo to deal with.

The fox looked around curiously, walking up and down the short aisles of snacks. He stopped at the gummy bears and snatched up a bag, instantly tearing it open and shaking some into his hand. He tossed the bears into his maw and chewed contentedly, becoming interested in his reflection in the security mirror. After some time of watching the fox posing, Chad decided to speak up.

“Sir, are you going to pay for those?” he asked. The fox was silent. He finished his pose and slowly looked over at Chad.

“No,” was all the fox replied, in a somewhat quiet voice. Chad sighed inwardly. It never failed that someone during the week was going to give him a hard time.

“Sir, you're going to have to pay for them or I'm going to call the police.” Chad was about to reach for the phone, when he was dumbfounded to find he couldn't reach it. His arms seemed to have gotten shorter. No, all of him was getting shorter! He panicked and stumbled out from behind the counter, finding the store looming up around him as he continued shrinking. A sick feeling spread through his entire body, and before he could even comprehend his situation he was standing in the middle of the store floor, only half an inch tall. He looked around in a daze. From this new perspective he could tell that his cleaning abilities were rather lacking, as he noted the many bits of litter that were now as big as him. Then he saw the black furred paws of the fox and his situation came flooding back. With a tiny squeak of a yelp, he looked way up at the now towering fox, who was still idly eating his gummy bears and looking down at him with only mild interest.

“W-what in the hell, dude?” Chad yelled in his squeaky little voice. The fox merely started to walk towards him, those huge feet thudding ominously on the tile floor. “N-no s-stay away from me!” shrieked the tiny Chad as he tried to run. He only made it a few inches before he tripped on some stray crumb and landed hard on his face. Dazed he rolled over on his back and groaned. When Chad's vision cleared, he saw the fox looming directly above him. He was looking directly up at the black padded underside of the fox's raised foot. Chad let out a frenzied scream just as the fox dropped the foot on top of him, muffling the tiny cry beneath the huge ballpad. Chad struggled desperately under the oppressive weight, but he was powerless to stop the increasing pressure. Confused thoughts raced through the young wolf's mind as he felt bones snap like twigs. He passed out just before the huge ballpad crushed him against the tile floor.

Samael smirked as he pulled his foot slowly back across the tile, revealing a streak of blood which gleamed sickly in the cold fluorescent light. After making sure there was nothing left of the clerk but an unrecognizable stain, he casually walked over and grabbed another bag of gummy bears from the shelf before exiting the store into the stale night air with a final jingle of the bell.

“Man, I love these things,” he said to himself as he neatly bit the head off one with his sharp teeth. He walked off down the sidewalk, leaving the empty store behind him.

Post subject: Re: A 'Little' Scene - I done wrote a thing!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:49 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Very alluringly ruthless and efficient!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:27 pm 
Movie Monster
Why thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:29 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Why not? :)

A nice little short story. Probably even better if one is into :ninastomp:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:11 am 
Magnificent Bastard
"What would you do for a klondike bar a pack of gummy bears?"

Oh ho ho ho. I apologize for merely glossing over this yesterday. This is worth at least two reads in quick succession. Just enough characterization to make it sufficiently creepy. Very much like minus.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I agree...it's just the right amount of setup and detail for a nice spooge. :) Nice job!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am 
Movie Monster
Thanks. It did turn out quite brief, but it felt complete to me where it was. My pretentious side labeled it flash fiction (which it fits nicely into) and called it a day. It was also just me feeling out the character and writing in general again. I had some more ideas along these lines, but we'll see how well I stick with it.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:23 pm 
Movie Monster
JordantheDragon wrote:
I just wanted to say that this is a very good story, it was brief but adequate & I like the subtle cruelty. :)

Thanks a lot! Every positive comment, even after a long period of time, is always welcome and helpful to very low self-esteem dragons.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:58 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
No, don't...he'll get airs and graces and be even more cruel to weesaurs! :)