Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dinosaucers now available on Amazon!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:04 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Thanks to Denare for the tipoff...looks like Amazon.com is making Dinosaucers available as downloadable material (presumably 'cause they don't want to spend the money to press DVD's for something no one is likely to buy in great quantities). I've checked the previews, and they look to be of the best quality we've ever seen them. I think they are digitized from made-for-VHS source material, though...they have an FBI warning at the beginning.

I just have three questions about them now...

(1) Are these originals they got the ORIGINAL originals, or the ones edited to put in more commercial breaks, thanks to second-run cable TV channel appearances (curse you, USA and Family Channel)? Like with early seasons of "The Simpsons", greedy TV execs commanded tiny bits be snipped or shows be time-compressed to allow for the new commercial break formats with more commercial breaks during shows, and Dinosaucers suffered the same fate in the early 90's during its cable re-reuns. I demand purity, dammit! I believe that the VHS releases of years back of those select episodes may have suffered from the extra-commercial syndrome, but now I can't remember.

(2) I'd also really cream in my pants if the commercial bumpers were intact, at least at the one mid-story commercial break the cartoon originally had. If not, I can at least put those up for people to download if they want 100% authenticity. :) Now THERE's a digitization project I can actually complete in a day. :)

(3) Can I successfully rip this streaming/downloadable video format into something that's not swimming in DRM that I can put on my media center PC, or back to physical DVD media?

Hrm, I wonder if Somtow Sucharitkul (S.P. Somtow) is still out there, or if he'll ever check in with Lava Dome Five again. Remember that from the last forum incarnation, guys? :)

Anyway, just search for "Dinosaucers" on Amazon.com and you'll see it as (oddly) #2 in the results. They have the first 21 episodes up for $1.99 each, or the whole season for $33.43. I think I'm going to buy at least one episode, unless someone beats me to it, and see what I can do with it, and if I can at least rip it other formats, I'll pick 'em all up. Well, who am I kidding...I know I will anyway, 'cause I'd wager we need to buy this season at least a few times before they put up the next.

Hrm...I wonder if they have that Galaxy Rangers "Bronto-Bear" episode up for download...mmmmm....stompypaws.

Post subject: Re: Dinosaucers now available on Amazon!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:26 pm 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Very good to know! Might be worth our time to invest in it. :3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:03 am 
Species: Stallion
damm! becuase I live in the uk, due to "licencing restrictions" Im barred from playing it or even buying it! :devil:

GRRRRRRR!

Stupid laws! I wanna see the "That shrinking feeling episode" and "the truth about dragons" Is the truth that they like to stomp the crap out of smaller beings? maybe not lol!

But anyway this is good for you, but not for me im afraid. even so, $1.99 is quite alot per episode. In the uk, we have something called the bbciplayer and 4 on demand and its free. :( I wonder if some eisodes are on Youcanwatchwholetvshowsforfreeeventhoughwehavetoldyounottopostotherpeoplesvideosbutweretoolazytotakethemoffanywaytube (Or youtube for short :D ) or even itunes.........

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Thanks for the reminder...I do intend to pick those up to see.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:05 am 
Species: Stallion
Excellent! let me know what there like :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:14 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Dammit, I still haven't checked out those Amazon videos!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:34 pm 
Species: allokind
:D wow were have you been the DINOSAUCERS on amazon.com has been there for two years. holy dieno-poop i thought you new that ! oho ands not from a cleaned up crappy VHS tape. the cut a deal with coca cola owner if the now defuct DIC-ENTERTAINMENT as for burning it to dvd you need a video screen capture soft ware. becouse as you now ever one that rents or even sales for that mater is going for the new screen control technology. soon the DVD disc will be gone. you want to own a movie well it will have to be downloaded to a portable device. we can thank the video pirates for that. but fear not american know-how there will always be software to beat the greedy corpatare movie owners. as long as they make blank discs some one will always burn them. OHO and as for a seceond season. on amazon. don,t hold your sexy dino breath. it seams sales and rentals do not move the amazon robot auto bar enough to warrent releaseing a other bach. so i no longer have to get ripped off 49.95 buying bad transfures or a serten dino i known sence 1995 to make those didgital copies. and still hoping the rumors are true that of a future dinosaucer movie. i know they do have a test script and art work. but as of net nothing else new. im 56 yrs old will i live to see a new dinosaucers movie. i guess only the GREAT EGG SPIRIT will know. but after all these years i still love lava dome five and glad the old dino keeps it going. my love too you claws and kissis. take care all the best

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:02 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
dienoman wrote:
:D wow were have you been

In a slipper. :slipper:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:39 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
:slipper: *scampers* :slipper:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 pm 
Species: allokind
well i havent been around for awhile but still love and play dinos CD from dinos lavadome 2 songs. and i have at lease (5) of the dinosaucers prototype toys and will keep them to the day i die. i got allo,brontothunder,bonehead,g-rex,quackpot.paid 275.00 each. im still looking for more i check ebay every day. and now i got the first 21 episodes in digital clearness. you have know idea what that looks like on a 60 inch lcd screen. i just love it. i pray every day that they will make the rest of the episod,s for down loud. and heck im 61 now i don,t have much time. lets hope one day ill come true. and ill be checking by time to time i do love this site very much and who knows one day i,ll have a dinosaucer femaile all my own .take care love and claws to all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:33 pm 
What is this.oh a nice christmas gift for next year.