Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Das Repositorium
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:54 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
So, as mentioned in my last Blendery topic post, time to start creating a repository, not just for models and resources for Faibanx 3D but for information about it as well, development notes and goals, etc. With my also work on LD5's systems and mechanicals in 2009, it makes it fairly easy for me to pick up a wiki-type VM and shit it out and up in short order, but how about a place to store the 2 gigs and growing mass of models and resources? I wonder how much room SourceForge lets a project keep. Anyone got any other suggestions for file storage services that would hold all these resources so everyone on the project could work on 'em?

Post subject: Re: Das Repositorium
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:38 am 
Species: Snow Leopard
I know of a place where you can store up to 5 gig online... unlimited for members?
Or a friend of mine on his webserver.., Or if you can wait until Jan 10 I can share my drive space for you? I can spare about 30gig - 60gig....., If that helps?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:26 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Well, personal offers are nice, but I'd rather either host the material at LD5 or at a free/cheap file storage server that's a company out on the interwebs.

I spent some time at work today looking over project wiki/portal type apps, and it looks like I'm gonna try setting up a Faibanx 3D collaborative project portal using Tiki. It seems to be mature and has features I'd actually NOT use and turn off, and I can get a free JumpBox of it, so I'll be looking to throw together a project site up soon. I will be on vacation next week, so should have some time to get stuff together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:01 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Just as an update, although I don't plan to start blitzing the world about it until first thing next year when I get the skeleton done and some graphics up (doesn't even have a logo yet), but I have made a Faibanx 3D server to host a project wiki type website. I think there might be one or two people who might want to contribute, in some small way, to the project, so I could make some wiki accounts, but you know my philosophy...no point having an account unless you want to contribute, gawking from a distance is fine. I just had a smexy thought for the project on the way back from seeing Avatar today with Jenn so I actually shit out a blog post tonight! Anyway, I'll make a big deal after Match Game and New Years and shit is done, and when the site is a little prettier, so right now, it's between you and me, right?

http://faibanx3d.lavadomefive.com:88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:57 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Hey, great news! My work hours have been cut back to 37.5 per week! Yayyyyy! That means the company I work for is getting even closer to folding and that means I'll have a nice little 'vacation' time between jobs to work on Faibanx 3D. :) Or maybe I should make a pledge that as work hours are cut back, I dedicate that amount of time to F3D development...which would currently mean a half hour a day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:55 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Hmm...is that a good AND bad thing for you? I mean, less pay to suck in the opportunity cost of adding time for F3D.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:34 am 
Species: Snow Leopard
Yay Dino :D.