Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Earth Eternal - It's gone! It's tragically over!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:19 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
OOPDATE - 11/19/09: It's officially released! 22 races, not all of which are the animals you know and love, but more fantastical races like yeti, orc, dryad and robot. They've already set up a cash for in-game loot system as well. Hopefully, bribing your way to victory is and will remain entirely optional.

While scanning TV Tropes (of all things) I came across the development site for an independent free mumorpurger. Yes, I know dozens of these have sprouted up in recent months, but this is different. First reason:

D'awwwwwwww.
That's right, folks. 100% anthro. 16 playable races, in fact. Now I know what you're thinking: "it's too good to be true, they'll never release it!" So here's the straight scoop from their FAQ page: "We're completely funded, to the point where we can release and then operate for months with absolutely no revenue if need be. Earth Eternal will be released, period."

It's also expected to play like WoW (with roughly the same graphical level) but playable within one's browser. Not quite sure how they expect to pull that off and maintain a decent framerate, but anything's possible...

Post subject: Re: Earth Eternal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:41 pm 
Interesting...
Species: Lion!
I've been eyeing this game for a while, and I'm definitely interested in playing. I'm also not sure about the whole web browser thing, but we'll see how that plays out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:16 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Fairytale puppet figures MMORPG?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:04 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Kinda reminds me of that Furcadia thing that Dr. Cat came up with years ago. Dr. Cat had a particular interest in my fetish way back in the early LD5 days. Yes, yet another figure who went through the slaughterhouse of LD5 for a time before moving on...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 am 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Subject: Earth Eternal

Dinosorceror wrote:
Kinda reminds me of that Furcadia thing that Dr. Cat came up with years ago. Dr. Cat had a particular interest in my fetish way back in the early LD5 days. Yes, yet another figure who went through the slaughterhouse of LD5 for a time before moving on...
(QFT)

Kurt Vonnegut -reference, huzza.

And maybe that's how we should start advertizing for LD5, eh? Just tell everyone that if they spend a month or so here, that they'll eventually grow to become the most famed of famous furries, once we've whipped them into shape and taught them how to "think big" and soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:39 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Slaughterhouse LD5. Nice! I actually wasn't thinking of Vonnegut, but I did like a few of his books, back when I read glyphs. Would make a nice title for the next LD5 story. Yeah, I'll get right on that! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:50 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
is it possible to play as a dragon or wolf? like in second life?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:31 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Wolf, yes. Dragon... maybe a few months into the release, but not available from the get-go. The sixteen species to be represented at launch are Frog, Bird, Raccoon, Badger, Fox, Gecko, Bear, Bull, Rabbit, Cat, Boar, Stag/Deer, Ram/Sheep, Rat, Wolf and Owl. The geckos seem to look like dragons without wings anyway, so that's probably close enough.

And Second Life isn't really a game. You might be able to blow stuff up with rockets and make hitting motions while holding big pointy things, but there is no concrete combat system.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 pm 
Blue Raptor
I hate secondlife, but dont tell anyone.

Yes, you have to keep in mind that MMORGPs have RPG in the name but are about fighting. Roleplaying your character with most people on most servers of most of them games is seen as annoying and keeping them from faster levelling / hoarding if you do it to someone.
If you want to roleplay / live your character, go to a MUCK. :angel:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:47 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
lol thanks i didnt know you could blow things up in sl
my internet is WAAAAY to slow for it any ways

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:52 am 
Magnificent Bastard
Major update: The EE Open Beta is now available... and has been for a little over a month, really.
I really need to stay caught up on these sort of things.
The server is down for the next couple hours so you can't log in, but account creation still works.
I'm quite surprised how extensive the Terms of Use are. I thought furries were a pretty easy-going bunch.
At least, in terms of desiring to steal, hack or otherwise "break" games.

Post subject: Re: Earth Eternal - It's here! It's finally here!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:43 pm 
Blue Raptor
Uhm... not to break your illusion or something, but just because they bring out a game where some of the characters are what we happily find to be 'furry' doesnt mean they are furries. ;)

But I am pretty sure Dino will love to tell you how furries are perfectly pricks like that too. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:43 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
I was referring to the playerbase, not the developers.

And you can't prove they aren't aiming for the furry demographic at least a little bit. It's stated right in the EULA that the game isn't meant for those under 13, who would likely find ToonTown (or whatever teenyboppers are into these days) more appealing anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 am 
Blue Raptor
Sprotchymon wrote:
those under 13

Hm, those under 13 usually are not allowed in anything online anyway.
And, in my opinion, with 13 (or 14 or whatever) you cant really be a furry in the way that it can make any difference. I think for that you need to understand that furry is a lot about sex and very mature feelings. At such an age, I'd say you can like cartoon or cartoon characters. Which is a fine enough criterion for being a furry, but I think it'd be a bit far fetched to call every kid that likes cartoon animals a furry. If they are 18, or at least 16, and still love cartoon animals when its clear they should rather love other humans (preferably of the opposite sex) now, then they are furries. :D

So... if it was only for 16+ or 18+ years olds, then yes... though it does look rather like targeting a premature kiddie book audience. :whistle:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:32 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Did I just read something that I had to get in on this argument? Do I haf'ta? :)

Anyway, a cute furry RPG is better'n nothing...just wish it had better graphics. Why won't that guy who's doing Stomp Stomp 3D Faibanxstation get off his ass? :)