Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: And this is the beginning: Minekruft!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:28 am 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
Dinosorceror wrote:
AlternateArtisan wrote:
you know in the time it takes to make this on minecraft you can probably learn the basics for some kind of 3D program and go nuts with making giant fuzzy slippers~!

...and when Blender or anything else lets me use 3D avatars and connect with a dozen other people inside it, you let me know. :)

Hey I remember something that sounded like that once.

:D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:13 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Selendro wrote:
Dinosorceror wrote:
AlternateArtisan wrote:
you know in the time it takes to make this on minecraft you can probably learn the basics for some kind of 3D program and go nuts with making giant fuzzy slippers~!

...and when Blender or anything else lets me use 3D avatars and connect with a dozen other people inside it, you let me know. :)

Hey I remember something that sounded like that once.

:D

Ooooooh, no you di-in't!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:14 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Woulfe wrote:
Hey, Dino, if I made Woulfe on MineCraft my computer, could it be imported into the FB MineCraft ?

I think that might be possible, not sure, might have to experiment a bit.

With the height limit on MineCraft I'll have to make Woulfe laying down to get anywhere near full scale, eh ?

;-)

I dunno, haven't looked for third-party "world editors" there may be. But you should just make it on the FB one. :)

And...I also dunno if there's a height limit anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:57 am 
One Really Big Wolf
Species: Ludicrusly Large Lupine
There is a limit, far as I know, tested this on a Furry centric server, granted, depends on what kind of world sever you are running, really

P.S. I don't have the address for FB minecraft....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Woulfe wrote:
There is a limit, far as I know, tested this on a Furry centric server, granted, depends on what kind of world sever you are running, really

I'm keeping it on the QT for now, send me a private message with your Minecraft user name and I'll add you to the whitelist and tell you what the server address is. :)

And hrm...wiki does say that the 256 height limit is a "soft limit" so...I wonder if a mod pack fixes it. :)

I am investigating and testing out two different mod packs, "Tekkit Lite" and "Feed The Beast Ultimate". Will have to see if they have a height limit increase. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:49 am 
One Really Big Wolf
Dinosorceror wrote:
Woulfe wrote:

I'm keeping it on the QT for now, send me a private message with your Minecraft user name and I'll add you to the whitelist and tell you what the server address is. :)

And hrm...wiki does say that the 256 height limit is a "soft limit" so...I wonder if a mod pack fixes it. :)

I am investigating and testing out two different mod packs, "Tekkit Lite" and "Feed The Beast Ultimate". Will have to see if they have a height limit increase. :)

Okay, I could help by looking as well, easier when you have more eyes looking for something, the forums are kinda long & complex yanno

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:09 pm 
Blackredragoness
Species: GEOGREYMON
DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME I WANNA HELP... I'm always playing minecraft... just kidding I just got it it me or a fun project I'm the same username as on this site as on YouTube and minecraft... THIS PROJECT IS CRAZY AWESOME!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:27 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
blackredragoness wrote:
DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME I WANNA HELP... I'm always playing minecraft... just kidding I just got it it me or a fun project I'm the same username as on this site as on YouTube and minecraft... THIS PROJECT IS CRAZY AWESOME!!!

Well, once you've played it for a week or two in a world and get familiar with the mechanics, lemme know and I'll add you to the server!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 am 
Blackredragoness
Okay good to hear if you could get me on do you guys usually get on! And thanks I love to help... It looks like a fun project... Do you guys use custom mods? I recently downloaded one that turned my character into a furry... it was cool I found it on tekkit... Also I think you might be looking at setting the record for biggest Slipper ever in the world of gaming so... SCORE ONE FOR LAVADOMEFIVE!!! Let's see some of those other furry sites do that!!! Second if we do set the record we need to have someone take pictures or something it just be cool!! Just saying you can email me the up ip address or something like that... Can't wait to help!!!

Don't worry about experience I've been playing minecraft for a while on different devices last year I got it to work on my ps3 running Linux I've got the full version recently but I was paying the hacked version then.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:29 am 
Blackredragoness
Tekkit if I recall allows space travel so it might be possible

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:34 am 
One Really Big Wolf
In case your wondering progress on the "life sized" me goes slow, I got started on a claw-tip and that's as far as I've gotten so far.

It's gonna take awhile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
I did see the clawtip, gave me wood :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 pm 
One Really Big Wolf
Dinosorceror wrote:
I did see the clawtip, gave me wood :)

But it's made out of Wool, not Wood.....

;-)

Curves and round things in general are a PAIN IN THE TAIL to make in MC at such a large scale as we're doing....

=P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:52 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
As of 1.5.1, there's nether quartz and nether quartz stairs...you may wanna consider it for the toeclaw instead. Nice and whitey ivoryey, and the stairs can help ease jagginess.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:28 pm 
One Really Big Wolf
Dinosorceror wrote:
As of 1.5.1, there's nether quartz and nether quartz stairs...you may wanna consider it for the toeclaw instead. Nice and whitey ivoryey, and the stairs can help ease jagginess.

Didn't know that, will look into it, thanks

I'll keep the wool for the body itself

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next