All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suffering For Your Art
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:19 am 
One Really Big Wolf
Species: Ludicrusly Large Lupine
Attachment:
GojiraTitleStill.jpg
GojiraTitleStill.jpg [ 13.19 KiB | Viewed 3276 times ]

When we first started sitting through Horri-bad films to poke fun at we never would of guessed we would watch all the Godzilla films, and we do mean all of them, for the most part we haven't really made fun of them, mostly because we like them, yea, we know they are goofy & silly & over-the-top....

We still love these films, a guilty pleasure you might say....

HOWEVER, there is one, one we dig into & toss barbs at, one we do make fun of every single time we do sit through it, one we crown worthy of riffing to pieces due to how god awful it is....

The King Of Bad Godzilla Films....

Godzilla (1998) Tops the list.... Mostly because unlike the Godzilla films we like, it's DULL & BORING, it's not fun & silly & light-hearted like the others are, yes even counting the 1st one w/ it's more serious tone, Godzilla (1998) just kinda sits there for 2 hours, making us want to take a nap through it.

It's painful to watch, as in, rather have teeth pulled then slog though this one at all, yet this past few days, sat through it a few times....

For all of you.... So we could bring you this....

WARNING THE FOLLOWING WAS WATCHED SEVERAL TIMES JUST FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT, BUT ONLY RECORDED ONCE, ENJOY THE PAIN WE ENDURED JUST FOR OUR FANS..... ( don't worry we still love you all )

http://www.Furnation.com/Woulfe/Video/LiveRiffing.flv

Enjoy Two Hours Of Us Suffering Through Godzilla 1998, you've been warned

~ The Woulfe Pack - Wolves Trashing Films - Godzilla 1998 Live Riffing ~

Attachment:
GojiraTitleStill.jpg
GojiraTitleStill.jpg [ 13.19 KiB | Viewed 3276 times ]

Post subject: Re: Suffering For Your Art
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
I take a page from Shin-Goji and refer to that particular 'zilla as GINO - short for Godzilla In Name Only. You might find that easier than using the date attribution every time. Alternatively, call him John.

Your sacrifice was not in vain.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:07 am 
One Really Big Wolf
Sprotchymon wrote:
I take a page from Shin-Goji and refer to that particular 'zilla as GINO - short for Godzilla In Name Only. You might find that easier than using the date attribution every time. Alternatively, call him John.

Your sacrifice was not in vain.

We wind up calling him Jay Leno ( due to it's chin )

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:25 am 
The finest popcorn chicken around!
Species: Black Dragon
I liked the design of godzilla in this (I'm just a sucker for non-humanoid giant stompy lizard monsters, though), but the movie itself was... a bunch of bullshit, really.

Too slow, not enough action (of any kind whatsoever), the characters were unlikable (unlike the new movie), the effects were inconsistent, GINO was far too weak, and it was just plain awful.

I applaud you for going to the trouble, because I would have an easier time solving a rubiks cube with a pair of chopsticks and blindfolded than trying to actually go through this. I just skipped to the scenes where monster action happened, then flushed it down the drain.

2014 was better in every single way. Here's hoping the next film is as good as that one :coffee:

MY WAY!

I was gonna say something constructive, but then banana.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 pm 
One Really Big Wolf
Obsidian wrote:
I liked the design of godzilla in this (I'm just a sucker for non-humanoid giant stompy lizard monsters, though), but the movie itself was... a bunch of bullshit, really.

Too slow, not enough action (of any kind whatsoever), the characters were unlikable (unlike the new movie), the effects were inconsistent, GINO was far too weak, and it was just plain awful.

I applaud you for going to the trouble, because I would have an easier time solving a rubiks cube with a pair of chopsticks and blindfolded than trying to actually go through this. I just skipped to the scenes where monster action happened, then flushed it down the drain.

2014 was better in every single way. Here's hoping the next film is as good as that one :coffee:

I nearly fell asleep a few times during the riffing of GINO, it's not an easy film to slog through at all, I managed tho' not something I'd like to do again anytime soon however =P