Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Look, it's an April Fool's Day Construction Kit(tm0!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:18 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Okay, so even thought I saw this like a friggin' month and a half ago, I still haven't gotten around to putting in the work to parody it. Maybe it's because I don't have the uber-expensive Photoshoppy software installed anymore 'cause I don't need it (closest I have to using a graphics program is Paint.NET for cropping pictures), and that's what 95% of this parody requires, but anyway, a while back I saw this on Apple's site...dunno, might still be there:

And the second I saw it, I thought parody.

As in:

Ken Sample. Now on LD5.

Or even better:

Ken Sample. Now on Faibanx.

I mean, it was perfect timing. April Fool's Day is right around the corner! Naturally, all the menu bars and stuff would be appropriately parodied. I mean, all I'd have to do is just change THIS graphic with the appropriate colors and fonts and some bit of Sample's artwork, in greyscale...maybe that one he wishes he had never drawn, the macro stomping on Islamic folks :) ...and just make the graphic linky-clickable or whatever with a simple HTML editor (something I also don't keep around anymore)...and...

...yeah. Now it's the 27th and I haven't done shit except make this post. :) I decided to change it to Faibanx 'cause I thought it'd be funny if someone pretended to be him on Faibanx for the day as well, but apparently our most prolific alt-maker doesn't even get the concept of the joke, really.* Then that deflated me, and so now all that's left is what you see here, an inspiration, a gameplan, and a speck. I guess I've been too busy futzing with 8-bit Commodore gear and especially getting re-sucked into Crackton.

But, there are still a few days. If some enterprising young soul wants to actually follow through with this (thinking 'Hey, that'd be easy!') I just might replace the...ahhh, who'm I kidding, everyone's lazy. :) But it's the thought that counts, right?

* For those who don't know -- and who knows, maybe this is a lousy parody that only I know -- The Beatles' record company way back when was called Apple Records. When Apple Computers came about, Apple Records sued them over name violation, and eventually settled, on one condition -- Apple Computers could never sell music. And then...ding! iTunes comes out! Long, long pissy legal battle ensues. And apparently, the biggest cock in the contest won (as always), and now, tails between their legs, the Beatles sell their music on iTunes, 'cause money is job one. This whole prickish legalesque situation is just the kind of thing Sample pisses and moans about ("you distributed my artwork without my perMIHssion, waaaaaaah!"**), so it was a perfect parody sit'cha'shun, at least in my mind. No, of course I don't give Sample the time of day, or even talk about him, but it's April Fool's, for Christ's sake. I should send him a greeting card from http://questioncopyright.org or something.

** I don't think I ever made a sound clip of that. Again with the laziness. Maybe I will upon request, because if I do say so myself, nobody does the arr-teest whine quite as good as me.

Post subject: Re: Look, it's an April Fool's Day Construction Kit(tm)!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 am 
Magnificent Bastard
I'll do it. I don't know the guy or why he's worth mocking, but I haven't done any proper photoshoppery in months, and I suddenly have lots more spare time.

UPDATE: All done. I dunno where you plan to put it or what kinda hotlinks you're gonna have coded into it, but there it is.

Post subject: Re: Look, it's an April Fool's Day Construction Kit(tm0!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:40 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Pawsome. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:36 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
*Seeing Austin beat him to the punch, simply puts on his B'BAAAWWWWMUFFS and backs himself into a corner*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Hey, if'n you wanna do one, too, could always rotate 'em! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Well, it's up. And man, is the persnippety puma pissed. I e-mailed him info with a logon account, maybe he'll show up on the muck to say what a horrible person I am.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:59 pm 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Well played you lot. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:06 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Well, now that the "hollowday" weekend, as it were, is over, I've put the page back as it was. You can still view it at http://www.lavadomefive.com/aprilfools2011.html though. :)

P.S. Yeah, I never E-mailed that prick or anything. I just made a char on Faibanx and pretended to be him to tease Blue briefly. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:01 am 
Magnificent Bastard
'Twas fun while it lasted. Tee-hee!