Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rex Temple Animation
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Ahoy!

I finally finished rendering this first animation with my new 3D me. Be warned - it's rather gory and brutal, so if you don't like watching rexes marching over tied-down raptors (even if they are happily smiling rexes), then don't download this.

Otherwise, please do!

It's 15 MB and divx-compressed. If you can't work out how to play it, try VLC player, Combined Community Codec Pack, or just downloading the DivX codec from their website.

Download here: an_temple_divx.avi

Attachments:
an_temple_frame.jpg
an_temple_frame.jpg [ 170 KiB | Viewed 5432 times ]

Post subject: Re: Rex Temple Animation
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:07 pm 
Species: N/A
Ah finally see you in your 3D animation there! The rex looks a bit small due to the background though.
Anyway, it might have taken you ages to finish that, great work Diablo!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:43 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Damn, Diablo! Exceptionally well done! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 pm 
Species: dragon
as i always say..

its the best until you do another one :)

--- www.mercilessnature.com ---

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:43 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
You is so cute. :)
And a very impressive animation in deed. :up:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:17 am 
Oh wow, Diablo! This is outstanding maya work! Such smooth and well done animations on the chars, the facial expressions, and the beautiful textures on the characters and the background... Makes me wanna watch this again and again! :up: :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:54 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Thank you very much, folks!

And RavenClaw, I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it, but I see what you mean! Finding large background images is a nightmare - even that one I had to stitch together from several high-res, wide angle photos...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 pm 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
My favorite bit is when he looks to the left and the right like, "Now who would have left a perfectly good raptor just lying here."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:29 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
drages wrote:
as i always say..

its the best until you do another one :)

Well said! :up:

Selendro wrote:
My favorite bit is when he looks to the left and the right like, "Now who would have left a perfectly good raptor just lying here."

I quite like to think of it as "hmm... no-one around... nobody would ever know... perfect!"

:devil:

As I've said elsewhere, awesome work, Diablo - not just on the visuals but your attention to detail with the sound effects too. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:43 am 
Raiding Dragonlairs since 1981
Species: Anthroraptor
Perfect!

The fact that his head sticks to his foot at the ending for a moment makes it even better!

Well done, big rex! ^^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:57 pm 
SWEET! Diablo that ws great! I loved every moment of it. :lol: Please make more you are amazing at animation!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:32 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
You know what I find most epic about it? Not even the sheer quality of animating and obscene amount of detail you have once again delivered - no, it is your camera cuts. You experimented with those before, but this time they are really having something cinematic to them. It makes the entire movie appaear so alive and dynmaic - really, an outstanding job once more!

To complete the circle: GOOD WORK REX!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:59 pm 
Ahastar wrote:
You know what I find most epic about it? Not even the sheer quality of animating and obscene amount of detail you have once again delivered - no, it is your camera cuts. You experimented with those before, but this time they are really having something cinematic to them. It makes the entire movie appaear so alive and dynmaic - really, an outstanding job once more!

To complete the circle: GOOD WORK REX!

All animators got their own style, like movie producers.. You can just say who made it just with this style.. an animator cant change it even he want.. The camera angles, lighting, behaviors of the characters, movement timings..

I think Diablo tried to make here a whole animation with nearly all a stomp lover wanna see and same time to make it more realistic rather then a cartoon style..

Realistic stomp animations are very like with realistic vore situations.. the prey should stay alive and the time is short.. The paws should be big and the pred should be big too for that reason and so this makes the time shorter.. I know this well.. A rex's 2-3 stomps are more then enough to kill a prey like he can gulp down someone in secs.. if you make the stompings more or let him chew the prey longer then you lose the preys life.. but you dont wanna have an animation for 10-15 sec.. isnt it?

So Diablo made here replays some perfect (really i don't think better ones..) camera angles rather then unrealistic jumping s.. The realism changes by the art style.. i mean when you watch a cartoon or simple drawings you don't search for real, it can be everything impossible.. when you made them as models and put an animation, you wanna see a little realistic limits.. because it gets serious.. the quality brings the reality.. or they dont match and its like you watching very little badged sci fi movie..

I thought we need to wait a bit more to see a animation at this quality from Diablo but he overwhelmed himselfs and he done nearly the "perfect" one.. Its somehow good and bad.. An animatior always wanna do better, his masterpiece should be better then the older ones.. Now he can give life to his models and he starts to love his character not just only some fetish.. he wants to see him walking around alive with feeling, with thoughts.. After that you release that you try to make short movies includes stomp or vore with it rather then jumping to the loops.. and this parts of animations took mostly %80 of working.. So the animations starts to need much more times.. the fans wait to death :)..

we are lucky that diablo shares all his trings with us.. even with that little animations we are so happy... i hope he continiues to do so when he is working to bigger projects.. I am realy waiting his next big project to see how he can do better then that...

I just wanna explain you how an animator feels.. i hope i didnt bored u :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Thanks very much for that analysis, Drages - I'm glad I'm not the only one having to fight a compulsion to cheaply lengthen his animations with looping segments! Different camera angles definitely hide those looping and repeated segments a lot better than plain looping does, but then you have the problem - or at least the mental anguish - of wasting a lot of rendered footage by not including it in the animation...

As for the cartoon/realistic thing, I would definitely model something realistic if I could. With this rex I tried to make it a bit more deliberately cartoony so the lack of realism is less apparent. There's that disturbing thing that happens when something tries to look real, but isn't quite - it always ends up looking LESS realistic than something genuinely less realistic that doesn't try to look real.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:54 am 
Diablo wrote:
Thanks very much for that analysis, Drages - I'm glad I'm not the only one having to fight a compulsion to cheaply lengthen his animations with looping segments! Different camera angles definitely hide those looping and repeated segments a lot better than plain looping does, but then you have the problem - or at least the mental anguish - of wasting a lot of rendered footage by not including it in the animation...

As for the cartoon/realistic thing, I would definitely model something realistic if I could. With this rex I tried to make it a bit more deliberately cartoony so the lack of realism is less apparent. There's that disturbing thing that happens when something tries to look real, but isn't quite - it always ends up looking LESS realistic than something genuinely less realistic that doesn't try to look real.

It was my pleasure, Diablo.

About realism i think the Diablo model perfect fit for all our fans including me.. its like making Garfield a real cat at movies, right?.. but we dont wanna see a real cat we just wanna see big eyed, fat, speaking citty, rather then a real cat at garfield movies.. so they do so... we dont want here a real but red trex here, we wanna see diablo and you give him to us :)..

All your characters and textures are as best as it can be.. dont try to disturb them if u ask me.. its just left the animating so be happy :)..

Note: That model is perfect for any kind of vore too, at first diablo animations at ahastar there was a little hard vore part i always liked.. If that stompings makes him hungry, let us see it :P..