Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Slandriss
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:48 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
“Yes. Thank you, water will be quite fine... May I ask why you summoned me to your office, honourable dean? ... Ah yes, I am well aware that the academy is searching for a new head of arcane aggression now that Z’kysh has retired. No disrespect meant to the current professors, yet a few of them seem to lack the necessary... field experience to fully educate our younglings.”

“Slandriss? Oh yes, I indeed do know her. I was in my first year as an assisting professor at the elementary school of Zardun when I met her. She held the same position there that you are now pondering delegating to her in these noble halls, honourable dean. ... Her competence? Well, there is absolutely no question about that. I can still smell the ozone in my nostrils from when she called forth that storm of thunderclaps for pure demonstration right over the street leading to the gymnasium. I saw her freezing a skelk beast into a block of ice that rapidly that even its last warm breath was conserved inside the chilly prison for everyone to behold. And the exploding fireball she unleashed from her palms? I highly doubt that to this day anything managed to grow in Zardun’s... well... former flower garden again. So yes, Slandriss. Without a shred of doubt she is the most dangerous witch I have ever seen. A timeless goddess of magic walking among mere mortals.”

“Hm? Oh? That other thing. Yes. I... well... I... Excuse my rudeness, honourable dean, yet I have to interrupt your words. What you speak of can not at all be called a “rumour.” She indeed had this... very unique way of disciplining her students. I have seen it with my own eyes – it wasn’t hard, she did it in open public nearly every day. She had this little clearing in the school’s forest, right near the back door. It wasn’t tough to find, especially with the two metallic shackles fixed into the soil. She put her students’ wrists inside these to pin their limbs into submission, then... worked their bodies beneath her feet. Walked up and down over the young flesh from tail tip to snout or sat down on their bellies, pressing her boots into their faces. Deep. I... don’t think that in the 220 suns that our school’s year consisted of I ever met her wearing the same gauntlets twice. She was very well equipped in that department and very much... into it. I do not know if what she did aroused her in some kind of way, but the expression on her face when she had a pupil with her. It was... a bit beyond simple joy.”

“Complaints? Ahem... no. There... never were any complaints. Why? Well I guess the very vast majority of the lizardmen around her thought it might not be a particularly wise decision to question a mistress of magic powerful enough to reduce someone’s body to primordial soup with not much more but a stern gaze. And the students’ parents and the school council never brought it up with her either. I assume a few younglings walking around with their heads sunken a bit and boot prints pressed into their faces were a small price to pay for rendering even the most unruly child silent, submissive and well ordered... Oh yes, trust me, her class was the most humble and well behaved I have ever seen, anywhere. Mocking? Among the students? Because of her trampling single ones at a day? In no way or shape, honourable dean. After all... everyone in her class ended up having to hand in hand follow her to the forest at some point, at some date.”

“Ooooh, oh! I see why you might be worried. No, her colleagues never had to fear her advances. I so vividly remember when I first beheld her antics lived out upon one of the girls in her class, in that forest. I hid behind a tree to watch her. She noticed me though. When she was done, she stood up on the little girl. Walked all over her body. Then towards me while her student sneaked off. Slowly she approached me. I couldn’t... move... Sorry? ... Oh no, she didn’t put a spell one me. I was simply stunned. Mesmerized. These emerald eyes of her can make you lose yourself inside them. It is like gazing into the depth of time itself. I will never forget that smirk on her lips while she hugged around my neck. Her words the only thing I managed to hear over the pounding of my own heart rushing in my ears. She said “Do not worry, you are not my type.” Then she looked me up and down and told me I was just ten years too old for her. She left me alone, gently padding back to the building. I stuttered after her “I am... 23 summers old.” And she, without as much as looking back, just lifted her leather gloved hand, winked at me and whispered “I know.” ... So yes, honourable dean, I highly recommend hiring her. I would love to see her... work again.”

--- --- ---
Well, RINGRINGRING goes the bell, gentle reader! Maybe you should hurry up your step? You wouldn’t want to risk being late for class, now would you?

Post subject: Re: Slandriss
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:27 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Such a shame the young lizards are so... oblivious to the concept of learning from the mistakes of others. Perhaps she used a different magic to coerce them into being belligerent in the first place? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

As for the art, I'm just glad you brought back the recognizable backgrounds. The rays of sunlight, at least, I'm pretty sure that is what they should be... are not diffused enough. As they say, "god rays" are the new bloom, and such rays are meant to make the area lighter, not... whiter. Still, the claws are large, the accessories are shiny, and the facial expression is stunning, so I can forgive the KAMEHAME-hair.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:52 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Wow, I think this is a really interesting departure from your usual, Ahastar. I mean, when you think about it, it's only your accompanying story that would lead you to find out her true nature...well, that is, until you notice that someone's under her feet. ;) Actually, I think the emphasis on her head is the real departure...actually don't see many full-body pictures from you...not of the one doing the stomping, anyway! :) Just superb...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:00 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Sprotchymon wrote:
Such a shame the young lizards are so... oblivious to the concept of learning from the mistakes of others. Perhaps she used a different magic to coerce them into being belligerent in the first place? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

As for the art, I'm just glad you brought back the recognizable backgrounds. The rays of sunlight, at least, I'm pretty sure that is what they should be... are not diffused enough. As they say, "god rays" are the new bloom, and such rays are meant to make the area lighter, not... whiter. Still, the claws are large, the accessories are shiny, and the facial expression is stunning, so I can forgive the KAMEHAME-hair.

Yeah, that was a WIP hotlinked image. If you see solid rays, please refresh the page with F5.
Also I'd rather have anal sex with a cactus than depict a lizard with hair, so feel free to assume these are feathers. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:05 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Didn't really think it was hair or feathers m'self...just...stuff. :) So how and where did she come to you, Ahastar?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Ah, she's been in my mind for a few years. Lizardmen are something that quickly gets me going, especially coupled with the right sorts of gear/clothes/gauntlets. She only now got some air time though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Wow, neat! Interesting detail (and I admit its not so demonly ahastary in style :angel: ), amazing environment effect. Very interesting charcter too, and with background story info even.
*sees there is someone underfoot none the less again, oh well :lol: *

Its ... am I allowed to say that? - nice. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:33 am 
Species: Tuatara
Ahastar wrote:
Ah, she's been in my mind for a few years. Lizardmen are something that quickly gets me going, especially coupled with the right sorts of gear/clothes/gauntlets. She only now got some air time though.

I wonder why....;p

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:01 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
This is a really excellent picture and, thanks to the backstory, a very interesting character! The lush grass and glittering scales are very nice touches, and the anatomy of Slandriss is wonderfully realistic - her head and face especially, I just love that expression :D

And of course, hooray for the hugely sexy feet and face-trampling pose there. Great work all round, Ahastar!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:10 am 
due to the backstory and the picture, thats really,really gotta hurt. but just a humans opinion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:53 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Sprotchymon wrote:
...so I can forgive the KAMEHAME-hair.
We've established she's a WITCH, right? Witches have to have weird 'dos almost by definition.

I think it's great, but unlike everyone else, I don't see this as a departure from your normal style — yes, Slandriss' upper body is very bright and smooth and stuff — but on scrolling further down, the light becomes dimmer, and the textures become ever more rough-hewn and disruptive, just like usual!^^
It's actually a really awesome transition and I think you pulled it off well. The scales, shading, and speculars especially on her face and neck are astounding, and again the facial expression is to die for.

As for the little text-preamble, I should've known better than to not expect substantial sizeplay and the regular Ahastar-style sprotch, but the part about "boots" made me a little wary, and the part with "walked up and down" did too (in the pic it hardly looks like there'd be much of a way to walk). Anyway it all turned out super once I scrolled down.

Also the outfit (what there is of it) is way cool.

The only thing I find odd is that the upper chest looks a little too puffed out because of the shading.

All in all I love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:08 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Thank you guys. The face is actually pretty simply done, it only consits of four bezier curves and was designed after the head of a Boomslang. They are very cute but mutilatingly venomous.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 am 
sooo, anyone here wants to be 'good' student in her class? ;p

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:38 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
maksio5 wrote:

Would you want to? ;)
Then again, you might actually make a good colleague of hers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:17 am 
Ahastar wrote:
maksio5 wrote:

Would you want to? ;)
Then again, you might actually make a good colleague of hers.

maaaaybe for the first bit :)

and for the second, you talk like someone with experience :p