Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Timon - A Lunch Between Friends
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:15 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi everybody - RipRoarRex back with some more new pics!

:D

Here's me looking to maintain my Christmas creativity with this, a four-page stomp and vore comic dedicated to Timon. Much like last week's Sonic the Hedgehog picture, I've had this idea on my 'to do list' for a while but haven't gotten round to it until now. Initially my idea was restricted to one or two images, but I eventually stretched it over 13 panels so that I could explore various themes and exhibit certain characteristics that I find appealing within Timon. There's something about that wacky, carefree meerkat that makes him one of those secret furry crushes of mine - and, I dare say, for many people!

:whistle:

Some might notice that I've used a different colouring style to my usual - I was experimenting with a simpler approach to shading which is a little closer to some of the Disney cartoon cells I've seen around. It's far from perfect, but I think it looks pretty neat. I also tried to alter my drawing style to look more like Disney, including the designs of the rather cute-but-doomed little bug characters. On the whole I'm fairly pleased with the project, even if it has taken a bit more of my holiday than I was expecting!

Just to note - the crush and vore content in this comic is technically of the 'hard' variety, though given the cartoonish green bug goo everywhere as opposed to blood, I hope it will not prove quite as offensive to most people as crush material of the crimson variety!

I would like to think that I can get some more artwork done before returning to university in January, though this will be my last piece before the 25th rolls around. As such, best wishes to everyone for the festive season and hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

:)

-----------------------------

Timon might look like the Grim Reaper to most bugs, but he isn't completely without compassion - after all, he won't let his lunch come between friends...

:devil:

Page 1
Attachment:
File comment: Timon - A Lunch Between Friends (Pg 1/4)
TimonALunchBetweenFriendsPg1.jpg
TimonALunchBetweenFriendsPg1.jpg [ 193.71 KiB | Viewed 9613 times ]

Page 2
Attachment:
File comment: Timon - A Lunch Between Friends (Pg 2/4)
TimonALunchBetweenFriendsPg2.jpg
TimonALunchBetweenFriendsPg2.jpg [ 252.71 KiB | Viewed 9673 times ]

Page 3
Attachment:
File comment: Timon - A Lunch Between Friends (Pg 3/4)
TimonALunchBetweenFriendsPg3.jpg
TimonALunchBetweenFriendsPg3.jpg [ 291.88 KiB | Viewed 9624 times ]

Page 4

Attachment:
File comment: Timon - A Lunch Between Friends (Pg 4/4)
TimonALunchBetweenFriendsPg4.jpg
TimonALunchBetweenFriendsPg4.jpg [ 257.75 KiB | Viewed 9630 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Timon - A Lunch Between Friends
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:58 pm 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Wow, very nicely done, RRR!

Timon certainly looks like himself and that double-stomp is brilliant, in a deliciously cruel kind of way...!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:14 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Yeah, I guess if you made Timon a sadistic monstrosity, that playful, constantly talking approach would perfectly meet his personality. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:30 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Wow, it's just amazing how well you can capture existing characters, Rex. This couldn't've been more perfect if the original animators did it themselves! Awesome emotion and stompage, too. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:06 pm 
Diablo wrote:
Wow, very nicely done, RRR!

Timon certainly looks like himself and that double-stomp is brilliant, in a deliciously cruel kind of way...!

Double stomps are always deliciously cruel. As long as you do them in the right order, of course, otherwise it's all over rather quickly for the one below.

:lol:

Thanks, Diablo!

Ahastar wrote:
Yeah, I guess if you made Timon a sadistic monstrosity, that playful, constantly talking approach would perfectly meet his personality. ;)

But of course! Timon is quite the connoisseur of bug destruction, hence he is happy to provide running commentary for his favourite methods!

;)

Dinosorceror wrote:
Wow, it's just amazing how well you can capture existing characters, Rex. This couldn't've been more perfect if the original animators did it themselves! Awesome emotion and stompage, too. :)

Much appreciated, Dino! And stompage does have a habit of bringing out emotions... from both parties...

:devil:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:16 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Attention to detail, consistent quality, all well and good on that front. Very good that the speech bubbles don't cover anything important, because at this point what's inside them doesn't really matter. In my humble opinion, panel 8 could be vastly improved by dropping them entirely.

I will note one crucial exception. Panel five sounds exactly like this. And it is glorious.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:23 am 
Sprotchymon wrote:
Attention to detail, consistent quality, all well and good on that front. Very good that the speech bubbles don't cover anything important, because at this point what's inside them doesn't really matter. In my humble opinion, panel 8 could be vastly improved by dropping them entirely.

I will note one crucial exception. Panel five sounds exactly like this. And it is glorious.

Lol - well, he's still better than Nicholas Cage.

:lol:

I think it's a matter of opinion on the speech bubbles. No, they are certainly not deep, Shakespearean dialogue by any means. But I personally quite like the whole corny, 'talking the victim through what you're going to do to them' idea. It kinda reinforces the dominance of a character for me.

But thanks for your comments, Sprotchymon. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Very well done I have to say!
And... boy am I belated.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:10 pm 
No worries, Blue - I'm always belated myself these days...

:lol: Lol!

Thanks mate!