Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The BRAND NEW RipRoarRex's Realm v3.0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:02 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hello everyone - RipRoarRex here! Long time no see!

Good news.

:lol: MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE IS FINALLY COMPLETE! :lol:

RipRoarRex's Realm (v 3.0)

Here is the new homepage banner, featuring all twelve of my original characters. (Click thumbnail to view full size.)

Click the names below to visit each character's brand new profile page. I've also attached the full-size profile pictures for each character in the posts below.

Rexar | Tydo | Rocky | Cassie | Mike | Marco | Carlos | Hux | Skyra | Seb | Bubba | Tembe

:D :D :D

After several months of work, RipRoarRex's Realm v3.0 is finally live. Improvements on the previous site include a modern layout and design, improved navigability, new character artwork and biographies, a brand new Tutorials section and a revamped About page, as well as a spiffy new homepage!

:)

Both previous incarnations of the website, v1.0-1.1 (2007-2008) and v2.0 (2008-2012) were designed using a very buggy free piece of software called NVu, and both were constructed using a WYSIWYG approach with tables. However, having taught myself some HTML and CSS back in late 2009, I became unhappy with the clumsy way my site was constructed and have been planning a total revamp for about two years now. I was also tired of the old banner and character profile artwork, all of which was done in April 2008 and now looks very dated compared to my current style.

As such, anyone who has been following my journals on FA recently will be aware that I have spent much of the past couple of months creating new profile artwork for all of my characters. Each character was drawn, coloured, shaded and textured individually before being pasted into this full compilation image, which is now being used on the new homepage.

The new website is also significantly improved in its construction. Rather than using the lazy WYSIWYG editor in NVu, I started using Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 (which I bought earlier in the year) and began coding the entire thing from the ground up in HTML and CSS Stylesheets. This is the first time I have taken on such a project on a pure coding basis and as such, it has been a very steep learning curve, but I am very happy with the results.

Obviously the site is still very new and I have only been able to carry out limited testing so far. However, from what I have tested, the site displays pretty much identically and - for the most part - correctly in most browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera). If you do find any bugs or errors however, feel free to send me a PM or an email and I will try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

So please don't hesitate to check out my new site - and I hope you enjoy browsing!

:up:

RRRex

P.S. - My apologies if I caused a minor haemorrhage of the LD5 server on Friday night; I posted this announcement on FA and everything seemed to grind to a halt! Should've learned from the Diablo "incident"...

:whistle:

Post subject: Re: The BRAND NEW RipRoarRex's Realm v3.0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:09 am 
Attached - full size profile images for:

Rexar | Tydo | Rocky | Cassie | Mike | Marco

Attachments:
File comment: Rexar Profile 2012
RexarProfile2012.jpg
RexarProfile2012.jpg [ 360.62 KiB | Viewed 4054 times ]
File comment: Tydo Profile 2012
TydoProfile2012.jpg
TydoProfile2012.jpg [ 336.74 KiB | Viewed 4032 times ]
File comment: Rocky Profile 2012
RockyProfile2012.jpg
RockyProfile2012.jpg [ 259.68 KiB | Viewed 4027 times ]
File comment: Cassie Profile 2012
CassieProfile2012.jpg
CassieProfile2012.jpg [ 279.85 KiB | Viewed 4031 times ]
File comment: Mike Profile 2012
MikeProfile2012.jpg
MikeProfile2012.jpg [ 240.05 KiB | Viewed 4004 times ]
File comment: Marco Profile 2012
MarcoProfile2012.jpg
MarcoProfile2012.jpg [ 303.67 KiB | Viewed 3978 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:13 am 
Attached - full size profile images for:

Carlos | Hux | Skyra | Seb | Bubba | Tembe

Attachments:
File comment: Carlos Profile 2012
CarlosProfile2012.jpg
CarlosProfile2012.jpg [ 228.42 KiB | Viewed 3856 times ]
File comment: Hux Profile 2012
HuxProfile2012.jpg
HuxProfile2012.jpg [ 394.34 KiB | Viewed 3821 times ]
File comment: Skyra Profile 2012
SkyraProfile2012.jpg
SkyraProfile2012.jpg [ 281.3 KiB | Viewed 3784 times ]
File comment: Seb Profile 2012
SebProfile2012.jpg
SebProfile2012.jpg [ 227.96 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
File comment: Bubba Profile 2012
BubbaProfile2012.jpg
BubbaProfile2012.jpg [ 245.14 KiB | Viewed 3752 times ]
File comment: Tembe Profile 2012
TembeProfile2012.jpg
TembeProfile2012.jpg [ 376.02 KiB | Viewed 3722 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Okay, sitewise, this is a huge improvement, RRR! The design is clean and unobtrusively appealing (I especially like the strong, consistent colour scheme), the content is extensive and well-written and the navigation is nice and easy to understand. It was a good move to make the gallery character-centric rather than chronological - partially because even your early work is great so filtering out the old stuff isn't necessary, but mostly because your huge array of art covering its huge array of fetishes really does justify that kind of filtering!

I'm also very impressed by the effort to which you've gone in order to try and explain the quirks of being a furry foot fetishist! Aside from Dino here at LD5, I don't know of anyone else who's taken the trouble to write so extensively about this - it will very likely make for comforting reading by troubled lurkers and confused newcomers to the community.

And of course, the art itself is superb. It's amazing to see how much you've improved since those first sketches you turned up with five years ago, not that they weren't awesome enough to begin with! I'm loving the new Rexar pose, by the way. From the knees UP as well as down, this time.

You're a credit to the community and we're lucky to have you :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Holy crap, that's an awesome update, to...like everything and everyone! And yay, Cassie's still hanging in there with the guys! :) I shall go check out the site toot sweet!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:29 am 
Diablo wrote:
Okay, sitewise, this is a huge improvement, RRR! The design is clean and unobtrusively appealing (I especially like the strong, consistent colour scheme), the content is extensive and well-written and the navigation is nice and easy to understand. It was a good move to make the gallery character-centric rather than chronological - partially because even your early work is great so filtering out the old stuff isn't necessary, but mostly because your huge array of art covering its huge array of fetishes really does justify that kind of filtering!

I'm also very impressed by the effort to which you've gone in order to try and explain the quirks of being a furry foot fetishist! Aside from Dino here at LD5, I don't know of anyone else who's taken the trouble to write so extensively about this - it will very likely make for comforting reading by troubled lurkers and confused newcomers to the community.

And of course, the art itself is superb. It's amazing to see how much you've improved since those first sketches you turned up with five years ago, not that they weren't awesome enough to begin with! I'm loving the new Rexar pose, by the way. From the knees UP as well as down, this time.

You're a credit to the community and we're lucky to have you :)

:oops:

Well! Thanks for your kind words, Diablo! :)

The gallery has always had a largely character-centric approach, with chronology only dictating the order in which images are shown on the character's pages. I have, if anything, made chronology a little more obvious now with the inclusion of year markers in the gallery lists, but seems it isn't distracting anyway. I'm glad the design and navigation are better too.

I was tempted at one stage to create 'lightboxes' for viewing the gallery images much as you do on your site, but as much as I gather linking pictures directly is not a server's best friend (sorry Dino/Blue!) I came to the decision that I wanted to avoid using any Javascript - largely because I know it doesn't work very well on my mobile phone, which is the same way I like to imagine many other people might stumble across the fandom just as I did all those years ago. Indeed, that's why I wanted to write so comprehensively about our bonkers little world!

:D

Feel free to use the new banner on your links page, by the way! ;)

And yes, my art has come some way since 2007, but it's understandable really - I'd done very little in the way of anatomical drawing when I first arrived in the fandom, whereas now it's pretty much the only type of drawing I do. Practice makes... well, not perfect but better, I guess.

:lol: Lol!

You like the new Rexar pose from the knees up now, eh? Though... did you not like his upper half before? Heh! (Can't say I'd blame you - it was appallingly drawn on all accounts!)

Dinosorceror wrote:
Holy crap, that's an awesome update, to...like everything and everyone! And yay, Cassie's still hanging in there with the guys! :) I shall go check out the site toot sweet!

:D

Thank you Dino! Be sure to let us know what you think. And my ongoing thanks to you for allowing me to host it. :up:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:40 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I think the layout is awesomely tasteful. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 pm 
Dinosorceror wrote:
I think the layout is awesomely tasteful. :)

Thanks Dino - glad to hear it! :)