Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rexar & Mike - First Time (Page 1)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:04 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi everyone, RipRoarRex here.

It's finally arrived, folks. This is Page 1 of what is undoubtedly my most ambitious project to date - my first real attempt at a proper furry yiff comic. Some of you may have already read about this either in my blog on Eccentricities or my FA journals. It's going to be a big one too - at the time of submitting this first page, I have already sketched a further 40-50 panels beyond those featured within this page. The storyline moves pretty slowly too, just to make things a little more tense and exciting. As a result, I can't really say at this point how long the full comic will eventually be, but estimates based on how many panels I could fit on this page would suggest that it could be as many as 20 pages. Yes, that's right, 20 pages. From me, the guy who took a year to complete his 15-piece request list. I can't help but wonder what I've gotten myself into...

Understandably, seeing as the same demands on my time still exist, I can't hope to complete and submit this mammoth project in one go. Therefore, rather than keep everyone waiting for goodness-knows-how-long, I've decided to do one page at a time and submit it here. Yes, I'm a tease, I know(!). At present, I can't possibly say how long it might take, but if you can stay patient with me, I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

My approach to this is to make it more enjoyable for myself, therefore I have decided to keep it as a typical cell-shaded cartoon rather than the far more demanding realistic style that I have adopted more recently (but don't worry, folks, I'm still going to use that style in other individual pieces).

I hope you will all enjoy this comic, even if it kills me to finish it.

:) Lol!

Even though Mike has made no secret of his feelings for his partner Rexar, and likewise in return, the timid young dog has so far been too shy to overcome his fears about expressing his love physically for the very first time with the more experienced rex. However, late one evening, whilst the pair are cuddled up on the couch watching nothing in particular on TV, Rexar's playful distractions start to coax Mike into getting a little more intimate. Cue a series of events which lead to Mike finally succombing to his partner's advances and making love for the first time.

--
Page 1 - With no interest in what's on TV, Rexar turns to Mike for other means of entertainment. It doesn't take very long for the big rex to get his partner's attention.

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Rexar & Mike - First Time (Page 1)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:16 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Might as well say my piece while this thread is still considered "tame"...

Yaoi senses tingling! ;)

But seriously, I can understand that both character suddenly look a lot... softer than we're used to (experienced fan-artists probably call this "yaoi mode" or something) but Rexar looks way too pink. Did you lose some color data saving it as a .gif or something before saving it as a .jpg? That's a very high-quality .jpg too, none of the usual blurriness no matter how close I zoom in, but that also means the file size is way bigger than it needs to be. For now, I'll just attribute it as a side-effect of the "glow" of the television screen in an otherwise dark room...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:31 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
*only know sees those socks and has to chuckle heartily.* :)

Very nice work on the lighting, and Rexar lookd very adorable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:01 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
I know where this is going! :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:46 am 
I love footpaws!
Species: Silver western dragon
Sprotchy : Rexar looks pink because of the TV light. If the TV would be closed, then he would be red, as usual. It's normal and I think you don't have to worry about that really. ;)

FINALLY we can see Rexar without that evil glance. :lol: And I must admit, he looks very nice like that as well. :) Nice start! Now, onto the next page...

Great work triple R! :up:

Also, I love their feet, of course! ^^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:48 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Sprotchymon wrote:
Rexar looks way too pink...

...For now, I'll just attribute it as a side-effect of the "glow" of the television screen in an otherwise dark room...

DragonsLover wrote:
Sprotchy : Rexar looks pink because of the TV light. If the TV would be closed, then he would be red, as usual. It's normal and I think you don't have to worry about that really. ;)

That's right, DL, it is indeed the TV glow. The effect becomes much more obvious once the TV is turned off in panel 8 of page 2.

;)

Thanks, you guys.