Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: my time to shine...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:30 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
i am writing a basic story that has my dragon chracters so far all i have is in a word document ill update it with a new version every time i get a change so far all i have wrote is a epilouge ill post it here and people can give me feed back please...

it is the first one that i will have ever wrote so i put it on a topic that i like.

here...

Wrath of the Dragon!

Epilogue:

Hi my name is Scarlet who am i you ask well I'm going to tell you a story of how the world was saved nearly 50 years ago today by a person with extraordinary powers from another world and he accomplished this by giving his life to save me so I'm going to tell you what happened that one fateful day where he gave his life for me to live on so here is the story.

We go back to the year 2351 the day i first met him...

Chapter 1 First Encounter:

*i have writers block atm*

Post subject: Re: my time to shine...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:01 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Even if your introduction takes place after the story (chronologically speaking), it's better to call it a Prologue. Also, commas are your friend; perhaps you can get some by chipping some pieces off that big block you have.

Doing some research on TV Tropes can also help you refine some of the better plot elements you have in mind, and assist in avoiding the done-to-death ones. Since this story is taking place a long time from now, is it also in a galaxy far, far away? What's the proportion of magic to technology? Humanoids to non-humanoids? Is the narrator good or evil? By saving her, did this person also save the town/planet/galaxy or condemn it to utter chaos and destruction? Of course you don't have to answer ALL of these here and now, as many of the answers could involve plot spoilers. Just keep them in mind the next time you're ready to write.

Post subject: Re: my time to shine...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am 
Species: Snow Leopard
ok thanks