Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Story ideas
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:24 pm 
Species: Celtic Dragon
I've been kicking around a few story ideas. And the problem is ... they're very similar to one another. In fact, they might as well be the same story with different characters doing something so close to the last one, that it may as well be the same story twice.
Having said that, I thought I'd ask around to see what type of story premise people might like to see from my list.
I understand these ideas have already been done, but not by me and my twisted little imagination.

Here's the ideas I had in mind.

-- Comic book artist unknowingly uses magic pen and his comic comes to life around him.
-- A not so nice fur (with powers similar to the idea above) agrees to be sent to prison, and finds that it makes victims easier to acquire, and helps control the prison overcrowding problem in her own special ways.
-- Private and secretly funded health and fitness program goes horribly wrong, leaving the survivor to escape the facility.

While they are different plot scenarios, they all seemed to mesh together in my mind. I'd like to be able to do all of them at some point, just not all at the same time, or that would be boring to read.

Let me know which one you folks out there would like to see first, and that's the one I'll tackle.

Post subject: Re: Story ideas
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:08 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I think they all sound like good premises.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:32 am 
Species: Snow Leopard
:lol: Denare isnt lazy on us :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:16 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Which one includes the most tyrannosaurus rexes?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:45 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
I've always had a habit of combing stuff like that.

The only issue ofcourse is that it sometimes leads to logoria and usually just takes more inspiro in-general to write. The advantage is that it can make for something more memorable, and more challenging/interesting to do.

I'm not sure I see much overlap between the comicbook-artist -idea and the other two (plus it's been done tooooo death... but the macro jailbait / The Island -ideas could totally (and awesomely) be combined I think, and if so that'd be what I'd vote for. (For those of you who bet against the odds of Patch voting for rough gay wolf prison secks, you have again wasted your precious kruft for naught.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Is that like a comb filter, Patch? Yes! I AM the master and the commander!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:48 am 
And yet your so puny :3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:16 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
I have dabbled in the writing myself, but never published anything online. Mostly, because they're dull and wandering. There's no plot to any of my stories, and I know that I'm pretty useless at the describing of things, so they're also largely "conversation" pieces.

I wrote a story once about a guy getting sent to prison and being experimented on with alien furry transforming tech. Come to think of it, I think that's probably been the subject of lots of stories.

There's that one about the dragon-run city-church thing where there's a macro dragon lording it up as a god and being worshipped, and chosen disciples get the 'gift' of being anthro dragons. And it even has spooge, unbirthing and weird sex, so people here would like it. But no, it's not likely to ever get shown!

There's the interestingly named "Aliens vs Werewolves". Guess what what's about.

A whole series of stories about an island populated by werecreatures. Again, almost mundane. Just a lot of everyday stuff and 'new guy in town' things.

What a load of crap. There's a reason i'm not a published writer!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:08 pm 
Aeon wrote:
What a load of crap. There's a reason i'm not a published writer!

I bet if you had someone else read your work Aeon you might,... Me saying that i would love to read your work sometime. :lol: