Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: MUCKs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:16 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
No. Faibanx MUCK is the only muck in the omniverse. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:06 pm 
Species: Dragon
Yes.

Except for all the other vastly more popular ones out there like FurryMUCk and TAPS }:->

But Faibanx has it's own strengths like um.. .uh..

Well trust me Faibanx has it's own strengths.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:50 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
No but you can find them in google.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:21 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Take this link http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/MUCK that you could have found in the "What is a MUCK?" topic in the MUCK section of this forum as well, and follow the links to lists of tons of MU*s there. (Or google for MUCK lists.)
Sheesh.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:04 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
How about getting a client that's written by a macro, if you're not sure!

Most of the people on Faibanx use the client called Beipmu. There's even a link to it on the Faibanx page. Here you could also maybe read up a little bit more on what a MUCK is, in addition to probably going over and looking at some of Blue's fabulous threads in the Faibanx section of the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:09 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
Faibanx is a virtual town in text format. If you take a look at Blue's map (http://download.lavadomefive.com/member ... /main.html), you get the idea. Each part of the grid is a different room for chatting in, but the grid is really only the public part of town, every player can create their own private home with numerous rooms of their own and link them to the public grid.

Within each room you can talk to anyone else in the room with simple chat commands. It's not quite as simple as a chatroom since you have to actually use a 'say' command, but still easy. But it is a series of chatrooms I suppose, just with text descriptions. Plus you can 'shout' at people in different areas to talk outside the rooms, and 'whisper' privately to people in the same room so only they can hear you.

Not sure if there's nothing here that Blue's helpful Faibanx Muck page doesn't already say. Did you read it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:40 am 
Blue Raptor
Ragnos wrote:
And what is up with the "Downtown" area?
Its a MUCK full of furry and scaly giants, macrophiles and pawsluts. Go figure.
Or go look at adult furry macro pics if you really cant imagine it. Whatever you find in those, it has been done there already.

If you cant imagine it, however, Faibanx MUCK might not be the right place for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:45 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Ragnos wrote:
well i mostly glanced at what Blue wrote

Don't worry, we ALL just mostly glance at what Blue writes. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 am 
Species: Humie
Ragnos wrote:
i found FurryMUCK and wow :shock: . lots of information to read, quite a few links and a good FAQ section. now for some reason i can't find TAPS at all. the search ends up giving me taps for water? ok so either im spelling wrong or TAPS stands for something.

It's full name is 'Tapestries MUCK' althought I'd stay away from that place, they're a bunch of nazis when it comes to characters/
No humans indeed. haw

but really, I don't bother with MUCKs alot since they take too long to register and apply for. and then theres the matter of dealing with navigation and soforth... if you want to chat to furries just go to something like 'Offscale.org' they have a macro chatroom thingie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:20 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
And now, let's all wait for the inevitable Blue post, based on his collegiate thesis which was entitled, "Why MUCKs Provide A Much More Satisfying Role-Playing Experience When Compared To Standard Chat Systems(tm)."

In reality, there are tons of bullshit things and creation and building and yada yada yada that you could get involved in, but you don't need to. It's just nicer to have plain looking text rather than a bunch of:

stopy3443: stomps you down into the clawprint
itchyr32: "Oh, no! That hurt"
stopy3443: "I bet it did!"

Just kinda looks shittier/cheaper. All you have to know is that : does a pose and " does a statement and that's about it. And there's certainly no long waiting line for characters, and there's certainly no bullshit Nazi rules, which is surprising given that Blue's about. :) :ninastomp: OW! Damn, twice in one day!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 pm 
Blue Raptor
*just poops on irc and chatrooms* :sit:

All this is in the Faibanx section of this very forum, so it would be pointless and inefficient if I say it again.
If you dont like MUCKs, descriptive rooms, or characters, or prefer leet kiddyspeak, just dont MUCK.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:06 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
The controls arnt all that hard Ragnos, Take me for example i can read no beter then a ferret with cronic dislexia and yet I can survive Faibanx if i can do it you should to...