Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ishkara
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 am 
Species: Western Eastern Hybrid Dragon
What? Timanth finally went out and did art by himself? What?
Hey guys. It's been awhile since I've posted anything at all on here, but I finally finished!

Meet Ishkara. Ishkara is a green dragoness who is a dragoness in every sort of the way. She enjoys terrorizing the inhabitants of the lizardman city she lords over, pissing her acid urine in their river to ruin their fishing industry, and shitting her toxic dung their fields at harvest time. Go figure. But she's lately been distracted by their latest sacrifice, a white-and-red half-demon raptor named Ahastar. She quickly found out he could regenerate, much to his dismay, and set out testing his limits! Here we can see her having reared up onto her hind feet, just having started by crunching down heavily on Ahastar's upper body, and oh my are the juices flowing already.

This is really what I think is my best picture so far, and I'm pretty proud of it. Especially the shading on her paws. The blood was a real challenge with such a huge mass (how the hell do I shade this? -_-) but I finally got something I was pleased with. My first picture with an actual BG, too, I think. Pebbly texture on her soles and the Scales on her legs are all done by brushes created by yours truly. Finished over the course of several months...

Thanks a lot to Diablo for his suggestions, and to Ahastar for telling me to get off my ass already and draw, as well as offering tons of advice on the shading. Thanks for being so patient you two, you both rock!

Attachments:
File comment: SPLORT!
Ishkara Final.jpg
Ishkara Final.jpg [ 376.99 KiB | Viewed 3487 times ]

Post subject: Re: Ishkara
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:31 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
I dont think I like toxic dung (or exploding raptors, at that) but I surely appreciate the attitude. And that nice picture you draw, and I am sure Ahastar likes all the tramply attention he is getting too. Great going, and look, (webbed?) :claw: to oogle at for all :claw: lovers!
(its a bit hard to see as it doesnt nearly fit my screen)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:43 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Good lord, I am glad you are finally done. :D
You need to deactivate your brain more while you draw and do much more just "out of the finger". And try. And experiment. I know I told you a dozen times during your creation of this, but you WILL fail while drawing. Probably a few hundred times during the editing of a piece of art. You don't even want to know how often I have to get out ye olde eraser tool in the process of drawing pretty much anything.

It is the best picture you ever did, my friend. Just as you said, the shading turned out especially nicely and gives the paws a very sound 3D-ish look.
Now keep on drawing and build up on what you taught yourself! The trim tracing you adapted recently also tremendously boosted your style, imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:46 am 
Shrunk so people can see it better! :waterboat:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:57 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Congratulations on getting it finished, Timanth! This is some excellent intensive reptilian trampling and it's good to see Ahastar worked over by such a variety of scaly feet - I'm sure he appreciates it.

I especially like the nice gritty look of the pads and the scales on Ishkara's legs; she is a very well textured dragon! Definitely your best work so far and it's great to see you drawing again :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:59 pm 
*Nuzzles you all happily for the replies and apologizes that he took forever.* :copter:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:50 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
COOL BLOOD SQUIRTIN' GORE!!! XD

It looks like I just squeezed a pomegranate fruit. :P Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:33 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Wow, that's really nice work, Timanth, and it's clear to see who your arr-teestic inspiration is. :) This is really hard to believe it's your first!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:55 am 
I love footpaws!
Species: Silver western dragon
Yeah, it's a real "Ahastarish" picture you did there! :P This is indeed your best picture! You really did an awesome work on all those details. It's a good thing that Ahastar and Diablo helped you.

Keep up the real good work! ;)

Also, I love their feet, of course! ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 am 
Yeah. Without their help, I probably wouldn't be able to post this after even a full year's of work. They were immensely helpful, and for that, I'm very thankful!