Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prologue (sorta)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:55 pm 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
I've decided to take Blue's advice and write another story, not because I care what anyone thinks, but just because I enjoy it and I have fun doing it. Thanks for that, Blue. I probably would have pouted for a long time. Here's sort of a prologue to a much longer story I'm writing. I really just added this in because It's taking me so long that I just felt like I needed to post something. So without further ado, here you go.

I walked down a path through the forest, beginning to near a clearing. I had traveled many days, and my injuries had healed, leaving me feeling much better and far beyond any fear of being found by the dragoness I had so recently escaped. I was heading home. It had been many months since I had returned to my tribe, and I was eager to see for myself what had been going on while I was away. I also remembered who would be there waiting for me. It had been far too long since she and I had crossed paths...

So caught up was I in my own thoughts that it took much longer than it should have for me to realize I was being watched. I didn't panick, that would only make things worse. Instead, as I entered a small clearing, I casually looked up into the cloudless sky, but saw nothing. The dragoness had not been able to track me this far, at least I had that comfort. I looked next to my left, but too late. All I saw was a muddy-brown blur and suddenly there was a harsh impact on my entire left side. I hit the ground, rolled, and came up in a fighting stance. I was unprepared for the sight before me, however.

I saw what appeared to be a young muddy-brown male T. Rex, about eight feet tall or so, but it seemed... somehow more mature looking. It was not its relatively small stature that captured my attention, though. It was all in his eyes. They seemed to spark with a cold, cruel sort of intelligence. I took a step back, uncertain of what to expect. My movement did not escape his eyes. I saw a small grin tug the corner of his mouth as he took a step towards me. He knew I was uncertain, and that gave him more confidence. So be it. Let him think that. The rex bellowed a challenging roar and charged straight towards me.

I had expected him to snap at me with his open jaws, but instead he turned at the last moment to swing at me with his tail with a speed uncharacteristic of most rexes. I was caught off guard by this unexpected move and barely had time to leap over the tail, only to be forced to drop to the ground to avoid being bitten in half as the rex completed his turn. The rex, it seems, had been hoping for a maneuver such as this and brought his leg up and slammed his foot down on me, covering my entire chest and forcing all the air from my lungs. I looked up and was met with the most sadistic grin I had ever seen, the rex's green eyes gleaming with excitement. The rex lifted his other foot, putting all his weight temporarily on my chest, and moved it over my head, preparing to stomp down. I tried to jerk my head to the side, but the weight on my chest prevented me from succeeding in anything more than creating a few small cuts where his toe claws dug in painfully. The rex's foot slammed down right on my face..

I grasped at the rex's ankle, trying to pull the foot off my face. The rex merely chuckled to himself, a deep rolling growl in the back of its throat, and rubbed his foot up and down my head, careless of his claws making small scratches across my face. I struggled to keep my snout to the side so I could still breathe, causing the rex even more amusement. He twisted his foot on my head slightly and pressed down hard, the sheer weight forcing my jaw open and the rex's covering my snout. One toe pressed down on my upper snout, one on my lower jaw, and the middle toe pressing my tongue to the ground. I gagged at the horrid taste. It was like mud and dirt and rotten meat all mixed together. I was not the first victim of this rex. He had obviously had some experience in this position.

It was not long before I realized something else. The rotten meat, it belonged a raptor, one of my own kin! The rex rumbled in pleasure, temporarily unaware of my sudden realization. I prepared myself to do something very risky. The rex sensed the shift from my struggles to the tensing of my muscles and peered down at me curiously. I knew when I felt the rex's weight shift that I had very little time. As all the rex's weight was on my upper body, my legs were free, and I used that to my advantage. I kicked up with both feet, aiming for the rex's groin. He was fast though, and immediately jumped high, aiming to bring both his much larger feet down on my head, wich would surely at the very least daze me enough for him to finish his work. I was faster, however. As soon as the rex jumped, I immediately rolled to the side and to my feet.

I could have easily outrun the rex, but I would not allow this rex to get away with the crime of the murder of a fellow raptor, regardless of tribe. I issued a challenging screech and dropped into a low crouch. The rex snorted in suprise that I would dare face him. I would normally have avoided this unnecessary conflict, but he had really pissed me off now. The rex answered my cry with a much deeper roar and started towards me. I sprinted towards the rex to meet his charge. I waited until just the right moment, then dropped to the ground rolling unexpectedly, then used my momentum to spring me back up to land a kick square on the rex's left arm. I felt a satisfying pop and used the rebound to change my direction off to the side to evade the rex's continued charge. When I kicked the rex, he made a sound somewhere between pain and surprise.

I knew the injury would not affect the rex's ability to fight at all, but it sure made me feel better. The rex bellowed in fury at the degrading injury I had given him and charged towards me once more. This time, he swung his tail towards my upper body. I easily ducked under his tail, then when he completed his turn, I leaped up, driving my claws up under his jaw and using that point as leverage to swing myself on top of his neck. The rex roared in pain and swung his head side to side, trying to snap at my dangling legs on either side of his head. I apparently hadn't gotten anything important. When the rex swung his head to the left, I leaned down to the right side of his muzzle, grabbing the other side of his jaw. The rex sensed an oppurtunity and swung his head back to the right to try to snap at my head, but I had been expecting it and used his own momentum and pulled his head far to the right and was rewarded with a sharp, echoing *CRACK* as the rex's neck snapped.

The body went stiff for a moment, then toppled to the ground. I leaped off just before the body hit the ground with a thump. I straightened and walked to the body, examining my fallen foe. I recalled what I knew the rex had done, had tried to do to me, and felt no remorse over his death. I stepped forward, spat on the rex's expressionless face, and turned away, resuming my trip home, not looking back.

Post subject: Re: Prologue (sorta)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:59 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Very nice story, although I suspect we're in for a Diablo picket line and/or excessive raptor stomping from Diablo very shortly to retaliate. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:00 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Yes, that is indeed very well written, though I admit the ending is... well not what many readers would expect. But its going that way gradually and it still stays very readable, so its merely a content issue, and its your story, so you get to say what happens.
I hope you enjoyed doing it, or having done it. :)

And now... I zip before the rage of the angrysaurs hits!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 am 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
Well, you have to remember, this rex wasn't that much bigger than me. And being a trained assassin, I know how to do these things. Although the thought didn't even occur to me what Diablo's opinion might be on this. *braces himself*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:30 am 
Species: N/A
You finaly have defeated your foe this time. But I think if you had any weapons, then you could have avoided being stomped.
I mean a trained assassin should always have a weapon in order to engage with any unexpected enemies.
However, if you defeat your enemies before they have done something with you. Then I believe the story will be boring. :)
Can't wait your next story, keep working comrade !

Oh, and of course there are some misspellings, but I won't point it out this time. :D