About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dinosaur King Images
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:37 am 
Dinosaur King is an anime cartoon based on Dinosaurs. Similar concept to Digimon or Pokemon, the main human characters have dinosaur partners to do battle with the villain dinosaurs and other free roaming ones. 4kidstv.com have the entire collection of all the episodes of two seasons on their website for free viewing.

Wallpaper format is something I would define as a collection of many images into one image for easier viewing. A person may set them as wallpaper background for their PC.

The first image is an intro of dinosaurs you are likely to see on the following images, the T-rex named Terry, Spinosaurs is called Spiny, and Carnosaurs goes by as Ace. The rest of the images are far view and close ups of the dinosaurs feet and soles. I hope you enjoy them.

Post subject: Re: Dinosaur King Images
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:33 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Thanks for the screenshots! I like the 'wallpaper' format as well. Just wish there were more heavy-footed dinosaurs in that series, like sauropod types. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:22 pm 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
This is one "kids show" that I can say without loss of pride that I have watched before. I recall in one episode there actually was a legit stomping scene where a t. rex was stomping the hell out of a smaller allosaur. :D Overall, not a bad show, and thanks for the screenshots! 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:56 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Thank you for your screenshotting efforts! 8-)

Now, to the developers of that show, a line of wisdom: "THOU SHALL NOT MIX HAND DRAWN ANIMATION WITH RENDERED 3D MODELS, FOR THOUR SHOW WILL LOOK LIKE THE WEST END OF AN EAST-HEADED STEGOSAUR"!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:16 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
Dinosaur King was pure Sega merchandising twaddle.

I thought Dragon Drive did a better job of mixing hand drawn and CG, but even that had ropey animation. You'd think one of the biggest advantages of CG would be much easier animation, but half the time they're just as lazy as hand-drawn.

But that's anime for you, I suppose! I still love the stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:41 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
... and that's cartoons these days. Series of 20-minutes continuous advertisement for yet another uber cool collectible chinese plastic trash or trading card crap.

I think I saw a bit of this one (and its "Oh, I have this cool noo supa dinoosaur card now, look how cool it is!") and thought something like "Oh no, please not." and zapped on. Nice grabs, still.
Hm, now that I look at it it reminds me a lot like the visual part-this-part-that mess of Champions Online! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:56 pm 
As long as these kind of shows are made into creatures with good looking feet, then I dont really care what they are doing with it. All I know I wont be buying what ever they are trying to sell.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:45 am 
Blue Raptor
Not even if it has sexy feets? :D
*snickers as he pictures: Oh no! You got this ultra rare one! It has the sexiest feet of all! Size 10 and Juiciness 8! Can we trade?* :lol:

Gotta admit that's a cool nifty double-stomp on the bottom center of the 3rd one though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:59 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
To be fair, all the 80's and 90's cartoons were just there to sell stuff too. But at least they tried!

There's a project for you Blue, LD5 trading cards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 am 
Magnificent Bastard
Well, it makes sense, what with decks of playing cards (not necessarily trading cards) existing with every theme under the sun...

As for merchandise-driven TV shows... they only last if folks actually buy the merchandise. You get what you pay for, yanno. Then again, since new ones seem to spring up every year, maybe some corporations just never learn. Consumer desires control marketing, not the other way around!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:27 am 
Blue Raptor
Well call me naive, but despite merchandise having been around back then I still see more like:

80's:
- Hey, I got a cool idea for a comic / cartoon series!
- The comic is awesome, lets make it a cartoon series about it! (where applicable)
- The cartoon series is so popular, lets bring out some merchandise about it!

90's:
- Hey, I got a cool idea for a cartoon series, lets make sure it can come with merchandise!
- Hey, its popular, lets make a comic or movie or video game about it! (optional)

00's:
- Hey, I have this great idea for a merchandise, lets make up a cartoon series around it to advertise it!

So in short, I think back the the merchandise followed the show, while now it is vice versa.

Sprotchymon wrote:
Well, it makes sense, what with decks of playing cards (not necessarily trading cards) existing with every theme under the sun...

As for merchandise-driven TV shows... they only last if folks actually buy the merchandise.

Sadly, that is not entirely true. While I can see companies not being so eager to have their advertisement shows airing, the series still remain, and since they are now worthless they'll likely be cheap, and since many a program director likely goes with what's cheap if it looks like a cartoon when told to fill three hours with cartoons, I'm afraid the crap may linger even longer than its merchandise. Unless new merchandise cartoon series keep flooding at a high enough rate to replace the old ones of course. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
I'm sorry, Blue, but that is a little naive. Even back then, shows followed the merchandise. ;)

Which really offers the creators of these new shows no excuse as to their suck. Or maybe we're just too old.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 pm 
He Man was put out in the 80s by Mattel all for the purpose for selling toys, same kind of deal with My Little Pony. The practice is continuing with different kind of toys, like trading cards.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 am 
Great! I like those Dinosaur King pictures. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 pm 
Here are more images from the Dinosaur King. The last set of images is a scene by scene of a large dinosaur attempting to stomp on a man.