Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gentlemen, behold! I present unto thee my invention - STOMPY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:14 pm 
Reptile "Enthusiast"
Species: Western Dragon
I was playing Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts earlier this evening, and while I've beaten the whole game now the challenge lies in me completing every mission with a "Gold" rank which requires me to build various vehicles usually catered to just one specific challenge. It's tedious at best and in the middle of me building monster truck race car hybrids or a literal brick wall with wheels and laser cannons I had the best idea.

I could build a giant T-rex foot, put jet engines inside of it, and stomp the living hell out of everything. Sure it won't complete a single challenge in any foreseeable amount of time but it's fun as hell to play with to burn up some frustrations. I even tried doing an airplane combat mission with it by doing mid-air stomps but they broke all my toes off. :( (Stompy doesn't really have any offensive capabilities that the game reads as "weapon".)

Take that Mumbo Jumbo! You and your stupid challenges!

Yeah grill some BBQ now you cheeky witch doctor!

Mr. Ant is about to get a little bit of the stomp treatment.

Rectangle Cow knows what's coming...

Yo dawgs, dis be muh ride! LD5 represent!

:3

If you're unfamiliar with the game or just wondering what in the world this is all about, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is a game for the XBox 360. It's an adventure game based entirely around solving problems, doing races, or collecting things all in vehicles that you build yourself (like Legos) using pieces you either find around the worlds or are awarded for completing certain missions. There's racing, combat, "sports", everything. You can make cars, boats, planes, any combination of the three, or something completely bizarre (like Stompy up there). It's so much fun, really. I was a huge fan of Banjo-Kazooie on the Nintendo 64 (going as far as to give the franchise's crocodile character some Rule 34 love) and was eager to pick up this new installment. Love it love it love it!

Post subject: Re: Gentlemen, behold! I present unto thee my invention - STOMPY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
All hail stompy! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:30 am 
Species: Stallion
omg thats amazing :o i downloaded a demo off xbox live and deleted it becuase i didnt like it, but i didnt know you could do this! i would of never thought of doing this at all. you have some imagination :)

i do feel sorry for the rectangular cow though (slightly ;) )

i think this should go in some hall of fame somewhere. brilliant!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:12 am 
Magnificent Bastard
aaaaaackpthlth THAT'S BRILLIANT!

I have that game and I don't even have the corresponding system that's how awesome it is. My only opportunity to actually play it is on the shared machines at the campus rec center but you really CAN go nuts with the vehicle shapes and it will still be feasible, much like critters in Spore can walk around no matter how oddly their legs are placed or proportioned.

My first plane-type was literally named the Flying Brick. Primarily because it lacked a propeller - I thought I could go on standard engines alone and had not progressed far enough in the game to acquire genuine jet engines.

Oh, and the Rectangle Cow is my favorite 'enemy' ever. Those eyes are just so expressive!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:29 pm 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
That made me smile.