Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike - Behind Closed Doors (#1 May 2010)
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:28 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Remember me?

:shock:

Yes folks, you are not imagining it. RipRoarRex here. After a five month hiatus, I'm actually here again. Having gotten a new job back in November which has me working 42½ hours per week and commuting over 10 hours per week, my time for the fandom has largely disappeared. Aside from Eccentricities, I'd pretty much stopped logging in on any furry sites. Furthermore, my inactivity has been exacerbated by seeming to suffer from a continuation of the art block which first struck me in May 2009. It never really went away until April 2010, at which point I did something that suddenly allowed me to rediscover a love for my artwork (which I shall share with you later...!)

Hence, one year on, I think I have finally gotten over my art block, and I present to you the results - my official May 2010 batch!

:lol:

Picture 1 of RipRoarRex's May 2010 batch

First off, and a little off-topic - something surprisingly non-paw related (unless your definition of paw is a verb... )

This idea originated merely as a quick sketch, but gradually I ended up refining and reworking it with the aim of producing a higher quality piece. Some evidence of its sketchy origins still remain - his face is a slighty dodgy shape, I'm never confident with drawing genitals and I've had doubts about the proportions of his legs ever since I started colouring it - and it doesn't possess quite the level of tonal depth and detail that I would perhaps normally go to with pictures like this. But I brought it to a point where I enjoyed the look of it and decided taking it any further would just be killing my enthusiasm for it, so this is the finished product. I kinda wanted to make it look like he had perhaps just gotten home and hurriedly rushed to his bedroom to succomb to his urges. I've tried to make him look quite hot and steamy and sweaty - perhaps slightly musky, for everyone into that sort of thing - with the likelihood that his climax will be followed by some weary panting and an impromptu nap with his pants still around his ankles...

:lol:

For anyone who hadn't already caught on by now, I might as well give up the facade and just admit that essentially, Mike is my fursona. NOT Rexar, as many perceive - whom I consider more the vision of my ideal partner - but Mike instead. I use him as the representation of my own preferred positions in most pictures I feature him in, and I always imagine him with many of my own characteristics both in form and personality. Heck, the phone he is holding is basically a Sony Ericsson K800i - surprise surprise, I have the same phone - and I pretty much own all the items of clothing he is wearing in this picture. And as someone who also keeps a disturbing amount of risque images and videos stashed away on his mobile phone for those mischievous moments, looking at this picture has the potential to leave me feeling very self-conscious(!) I couldn't possibly say what he is looking at on that little screen though - perhaps it's a dog masturbating?...

:whistle:

On another note, is it wrong that I just want to grab him and hug him really tight? That fluffy chest and belly of his looks all soft and warm and inviting...

For the picture that informally constitutes my return to action, I should probably close by saying: It's good to be back.

:D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He might seem all cute and innocent most of the time, but once behind closed doors, Mike loves to indulge in his naughty side...

Attachment:
File comment: Mike - Behind Closed Doors
MikeBehindClosedDoors.jpg
MikeBehindClosedDoors.jpg [ 289.9 KiB | Viewed 3676 times ]

[Direct Link]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Mike - Behind Closed Doors (#1 May 2010)
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Now that is a really nice picture, easy to identify with. :) Wonderfully executed! And great to hear from you again. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:12 am 
Heh - thanks Dino. I know I'm a bit of a lesser-spotted Rex nowadays. :cry: But I do at least like to poke my snout in occasionally.

:D

Nice to see you again! How's tricks? (And interesting avatar you have these days :shock: - what's it all about?)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:54 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
At least rexes are that much easier to spot when they are about.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:11 am 
Diablo wrote:
At least rexes are that much easier to spot when they are about.

Not when they're camouflaged to look like a city block...

;)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:42 am 
The DragonLord
Species: Black-Crowned Dragon
*shakes muzzle* I don't get how this relates to the picture?

I am the LORD DRETHENZAI!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:08 am 
Dark-Danny wrote:
*shakes muzzle* I don't get how this relates to the picture?

Heh - just follow the tangents of the conversation, Danny! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:13 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
I have no idea. You'll have to ask Aeon about my avatar. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
I have no idea. You'll have to ask Aeon about my avatar. :)

Don't know why but it just makes me think of a really awesome game of chess...

:lol: Lol!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Oh, no...HML Chess(tm)! What a dismal failure that was. Eons ago, I had tried playing a game of chess with someone on the original HML...Hasai, I believe...using pieces who were other HML characters, and then everyone got all Personally Offended(tm) that their Personas Were Used Without Their Permission(tm) and shit.

But anyway, my avatar was a comment/challenge I made to Aeon. I had said something about my current avatar and how I was gonna make Aeon make me a new one. He was all, "No way, I'm not making jack for you," and I upped the ante and said not only would he make me a new avatar, but it would be a completely stupid one, like me as a tomato. Or...something like that. I'm probably getting the story wrong. But I'm too small for Aeon to hear, so he can't argue. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Oh, no...HML Chess(tm)! What a dismal failure that was. Eons ago, I had tried playing a game of chess with someone on the original HML...Hasai, I believe...using pieces who were other HML characters, and then everyone got all Personally Offended(tm) that their Personas Were Used Without Their Permission(tm) and shit.

But anyway, my avatar was a comment/challenge I made to Aeon. I had said something about my current avatar and how I was gonna make Aeon make me a new one. He was all, "No way, I'm not making jack for you," and I upped the ante and said not only would he make me a new avatar, but it would be a completely stupid one, like me as a tomato. Or...something like that. I'm probably getting the story wrong. But I'm too small for Aeon to hear, so he can't argue. :)

:shock:

*does the "hand zooming over head" gesture*

Lol! :lol: Glad that's all cleared up then! A tomato, eh? Curious...

Maybe I'm being naive but what is "HML"?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:42 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
I suppose I need to start writing some stories about The Golden Age(tm) and post them around here somewhere. :) The HML, or Herpetophile Mailing List, was a mailing list run by Dekhyr Dragon in the proto-Internet days, when most people didn't have E-mail addresses. I myself didn't have direct Internet access, I had an E-mail address through a Pennsylvania BBS that had an Internet connection. I could access telnet, newsgroups and E-mail through that BBS, I believe. :)