Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roleplaying anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:08 pm 
Species: Phoenix
Now. I know that most of the clientèle here uses Faibanx as a roleplay environment. But for some odd reason, i tend to do most of my roleplaying on messengers when I have the chance. However, due to college and all the fun that entails with college, I have not been able to roleplay for quite some time. However, I am looking to get "Back on the horse" so to speak due to having a few weeks before I return to college. I'm both a sub and a dom, so if you wish to be trampled...I'm sure we could work something out (and vise-versa)

Feel free to PM me with any interests. I'd be happy to have them. Hope to hear from ya!

Post subject: Re: Roleplaying anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:23 am 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Not really sure about making some roleplaying time as most of us are probably busy with our so-called lives we have to live.

Hmm...never done with an avian before... :whistle:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:24 am 
Holy fudge, it's really hard to tell if your posts have gone through on an iPad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:25 am 
:whistle:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:30 am 
ESC wrote:
Holy fudge, it's really hard to tell if your posts have gone through on an iPad.

*kicks ESC in the nee for being rich*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:20 am 
Magnificent Bastard
I don't have any roleplay experience, and to do so using an instant messenger just seems baffling. I presume the story is expected to unfold at the same speed as an ordinary conversation, which surely must be difficult, what with the other side throwing you a literary curveball now and then. I don't know how Diablo and Ahastar pull it off. Do they exchange a simplified version live, then flesh it out later? How long does it all take? An hour? Several? A week?

Given my background and basic improv skill, I think the only way I could prevent myself from completely blanking out mid-plot would be to act like the "brain" of a text adventure game. Worth a shot? :?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:02 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
There isn't much to roleplaying really - the basic idea is that person A (usually the dominating party) ignites an action by describing the setting and how the character(s) in it are acting, then person B (usually the submissive party) reacts to what happens. A good submissive/victim roleplayer will not only re-describe the words of his partner though. He will try to offer more ideas, more plot hooks, invite and suggest options that the dominating partner might pick up at his leisure. It is a ping pong match with words where no party is interested in winning, but instead in having a great match for the camera!

My shortest roleplay took two poses. My longest roleplay lasted for 12 months. The only limit to roleplaying is the creativity of the partners. :)

This here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=875 is probably a good blueprint for how roleplaying can function. It has a well crafted out background, quite a few characters and a strong line of action. Diablo started, I replied, then it went Diablo, Ahastar, Diablo, Ahastar and so on. This happened via messanger, too. A fully shapeable environment like Faibanx can help with roleplaying because you can actually physically create a background - but so can your fantasy and creativity! I have always been of the opinion that a bit of chatting and planning before actually playing helps a lot to get what you want, too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:04 pm 
flexyRaptor wrote:
ESC wrote:

*kicks ESC in the nee for being rich*

>.=.< It's called working for money...

Yeay for going into science.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I'm up for IM roleplay...but I have a feeling I'm too tiny for your tastes. Good luck, though!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:22 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
I tried RPing on IM a few times, after lots of it on the MUCK, and found I personally don't like it so much on IMs. IM always feels casual and unfocused to me, something you do in one window while doing a dozen things in other windows, some of which may well be other IM chats with other people. It also just lacks the atmosphere and connection to the character to me, being something for everyday quick RL talk with a RL person rather than IC interaction.
But that may be just me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:33 pm 
*Stomps ahastar for being a good artist*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:20 pm 
Dinosorceror wrote:
I'm up for IM roleplay...but I have a feeling I'm too tiny for your tastes. Good luck, though!

Bah! You're never too tiny XD. I just haven't been around much to "break you in" fully :p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:16 am 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
I like to RP wherever. My MSN in on my profile if you want it.

How I do so varies wildly depending on what the other person likes, how much time I have, and what mood I'm in. Time is such a problem, but if I can get away from distractions, I'd say a 3-4 hour session with replies at least every 5-10 minutes usually yields good results.

In some ways, at least for me, there has to be something sexy about the larger plot or idea to have a multiple-session RP, and I don't really do that often. But if it's worth doing, it's worth doing.

Sometimes just a quickie when you're really in the mood gets the job done, though. :angel:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:29 am 
I'll give you a shout when I'm not too busy Selendro. =)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 pm 
Species: Tuatara
poke me too if yer not yet getting swarmed ;)

likewise msn somewhere in the profile