InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Athletics Department   » Workout/session logs  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Workout/session logs
Author
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 1/25/2007
Biking again yesterday, getting back in shape *again*, whew.

I took this great bike trail nearby that goes through some lovely woods, it was nice to see as well as challenging to keep from slipping at speed on the gravel in corners. Okay, I confess, I pretended I was rally racing, shifting gears like crazy and making revving engine noises (when no one else was nearby).

Time: 58 minutes, 14.1 miles traveled, at 14.57 mph average speed. Max speed 30 miles an hour downhill, and 24.5 miles an hour on flat terrain--one of my goals is to push 25 mph one day.

Average speed was a bit higher since I was rested from not training in a while, and because the air was cool. Also, I could feel my legs out of shape, but suprisingly they're not sore the day after...

-------------
LDU Swim Team Head Coach: contact for training
"Get ready for Beijing 2008--The Next Summer Olympics"
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/19/2005 8:20 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018
I should start biking again...

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/20/2005 5:39 PM

Active: 6/10/2007
I need to drag my bike (a venerable '92 Schwinn Mirada Sport 21-speed mountain bike) outta the garage and go riding again. I did it a lot when I was younger.

Last night, since the weather was fairly pleasant, I walked the length of downtown, back and forth. For some reason, it felt better than the treadmills at the Y. (Why, I dunno)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/28/2005 8:47 AM

I came up with an idea to enforce some daily walking, and to discourage me from jumping in the car for fast food (something I've been eating entirely too much of). Instead of parking my car in my work's parking lot, I'll instead park in a free city garage about a quarter-mile away and walk to work. Healther lunch fare (i.e. Subway) is available within walking distance from work.

The only thing that sucks is that I won't easily be able to get my mail (I use a post-office box and the post office is in the opposite direction from downtown), but I can deal with that.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/31/2005 3:13 PM
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Great idea Kreldon, it's little changes like that that do help to add to the main execise you do. And Subway snadwiches are so yum.

Myself I've recognized that I get in the habit of eating till I'm bloated full, instead of stopping when my hunger's satisfied; and eating even when I'm not hungry, which is pretty bad, all those little snacks I grab add up. Fixed that by paying attention to my stomach and recognizing when to stop.

Merf, I've been finding it hard to find time to exercise, and now I need to focus on lifting, as I can feel my muscle strength going away just a bit. Hopefully tonight I'll get some time in the pool and weight room, and I'll post a new 2800-yard workout upon returning. Good work, Kreldon, you keep me going and motivated. *highpaws*

-------------
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/9/2005 5:25 PM

Exercise for me, up until today, was deep-sixed due to bronchitis. Did a down-and-back downtown walk today.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/20/2005 7:07 PM
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Rrgh, I've been out of it too, but more from laziness and stress...

But I've managed to get in some days of swimming, going a nice 2000, 2200 meters each day. I've been able to swim it in a 50-meter pool which is harder, but nicer, than 25-yards orientation, and I'll be getting into lifting again soon, so I should have some sessions to post soon. Yay.

-------------
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/26/2005 3:34 PM
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Kwikie post for exercise:

Biking, about 55 minutes, total distance 9.3 miles, average speed 9.68 mph, and max speed onna downhill and lots of help from the wind: 35 mph.

And I biked with Digit, yay for havin' a biking partner! Wheee-eeee!

Digit went about 30mph max speed on the same hill, it was really fast that day for both of us, apparently. Koodos to Digit for getting into exercising too, it's gonna be cool to see him improve and get strong.

Mwahahaha, the salamander shall become an all-around training badass--er, my awesome training buddy too! XD Mwahahahahahahahaaaa....

-------------
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/30/2005 11:46 AM
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Whoo, is nice to be gettin' in shape, even if it's not very IN shape (I let myself go, hehe ^^.

Did more biking with Digit on 28.6.05, and he got his own bike computer now, so he can keep track of his speed and data and all, it's neat to see how fast you're going

This trip lasted about 1 hour 20 minutes, 12.60 miles @ average speed 9.43 miles an hour, and a max speed of 25 mph.

Not bad for more than an hour plus being in the heat, average speed is close to last post's of 9.68 mph....and woot for teh salamander staying in with the exercise! *drenches him inna pool of cool water!* 8D It really does help, and it's a LOT more fun, to train with a buddy; often it's not only physical health you're improving as you exercise, but also your mental and even social/emotional health. And going with a buddy really takes away the tedium of training. ^_^ And then last night I went lifting, just stimulating and working as many muscle groups as possible--*not a lot of weight at all*--and I feel tired and sore today, but great. Swimming I've done too, a few more days of about 2000 yards to 3000 meters, to keep my heart and lungs exercised...I'm looking to get more time to exercise more, I need it.

-------------
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/13/2005 3:03 PM

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 6/18/2018
I'm thinkin' that while the weather is nice, it might be good to get into bike riding regularly again...

-------------------------------
Dinosorceror, Administrator
Lava Dome Five Enterprises

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 3 of 3 - 30 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest