InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Martial Arts   » Hako versus Austin S.  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Hako versus Austin S.
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 2/9/2007
Hako's nanite core hadn't been damaged, but he roared out as he experienced a sudden change in power. It was as though something had ripped out parts of some of his power supply device. He twitched some and faultered, falling over a bit to one side. The nano tubes were deployed in full force to try to compensate. But the analog device that regulates voltage to the TTL and CMOS devices was... just torn up.

Looking down he saw some wires, one of his big capacitors, and a regulatory device attached to a large heatsink...
It was his cooling regulator.

The water that normally cooled his reactor was now running at erratic speeds. Causing his power output to increase and decrease sporadically. The solenoids that control the emergency flush were not operational and every valve in that part of his body froze.

Hako never even considered the possibility of such an attack. The best he could do was to maybe force the human back into phase with his photon gun. Of greater concern was the reactor and the current emminent electronic failures...

"You fool... you may have just killed us all!", he roared.

The there was a loud bang and a stream of silicon smoke arose from his back...

The voltage became too high for the reactor control device.

The human looked confused, but figured that what was going on was bad news for the both of them, as well as for the village.

Hako roared as he hit the ground, his entire motion system had failed, and oil dripped from his mouth like blood. However his nanite core was still functional, and the tubes were resiliant enough to keep anything from catching fire. His eyes grew large in realization that once again, he was going to be destroyed. But the reactor inside him grew hotter with every passing minute.

"You must... turn the valves... on the emergency flush... Or else... Everyone will suffer."

The cabling that would normally do that had been torn out.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/16/2006 2:36 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 12/11/2009
(I ain't gettin' up at midnight just to post before Hako)

Well, I sure hope that volatile reactor can wait until tomorrow!

So how the heck does one ki-er, pass the time with a heavily-armed mechanical dinosaur?

Uh... got any threes?

CURRENT MUSIC: Heavenly Flight

--------------------------------

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/16/2006 9:49 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Hako takes a strategic note and simply shuts down all combat systems temporarily.

"No, do you have any fives?", he said, "Don't look at my cards... I need to go fetch some water..."

It being Fern Day and all, it was wholly appropriate to just walk (or stumble around) into town and purchase 30 gallons of water and leave in peace.

Meanwhile, the human looked directly through the cards and was now fully aware that Hako did have threes... two of the remaining ones.

"B.S.", he said as Hako sat down and poured 5 gallons down his mouth at a time. Steam rising up from all his joints, and excess water dripping out his vents.

"You sunk my battleship...", said Hako lightly.

Laughter ensued.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/17/2006 2:46 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

A raccoon with a clapboard appears. He shouts "Hako versus Austin, take two. Aaaannnd... (he looks over his shoulder) HOLD IT! Hako, you're supposed to be on your side, and would it kill you to writhe? Austin, PUT THE DAMN CARDS AWAY!"

Austin mumbles, "Fern Day-"
Coon: Is OVER! Which means tea time is over, so get your rear in gear!
Austin: But I've got this project-
Coon: So do I! So does everybody! You promised you'd keep up, so now you gotta keep up!
Austin: But-
Coon: Did you forget you're a mute, boy?!
The coon knocks his forehead against Austin's.
Coon: Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver. GOT IT?!

Austin's eyes suddenly become circular, and a mechanical voice is heard.
"I'm out of my mind right now. PLease leave a message at the beep."
But no beep comes.

The coon shakes his clapboard and huffs toward Hako. He growls, "This is outta my paws now. Just... make something up. If he ain't sticking to the script, why should you? This whole place is a mess anyways!"

Hako's ocular servos roll upwards.
[Humans. A lew-level sound burst and they completely malfunction. How... pathetic.]

"Aaaaannnd... ACTION!!!"

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/20/2006 4:17 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

The human appeared to have enetered a trance-like state of meditation.
Hako wasn't ready to make any attacks yet though. His nano-tubes were still reassembling the systems destroyed from the human's last attack. He had plenty to occupy himself with in the meantime. To protect against any more phase-shifting or otherwise semiphysical attacks.

His reactor was totally stable now, and his new power supply was larger than the last. He assumed the human was concentrating energy and healing. So he did the same.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/20/2006 6:43 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

*beeeep!*

Austin quickly shifts into a battle stance, but his eyes remain round. hako feels he is being stared through, not stared at. After a brief pause, he charges toward Hako with his sword raised. Naturally, Hako prepares a cannon blast. The cannon charges, but refuses to fire. Hako clicks the trigger again and again, but the beam will not release.

By then, Austin is within reach of Hako's midsection. He slashes six times rapidly, but each simply bounces off with hardly a dent. Austin then raises the sword with both hands high above his head, jumps, and sends it crashing down on Hako's snout.

The sword promptly breaks. About half of the blade remains attached to the hilt; the other half is quickly lost in the tall grass. Austin lands on his rear, with his arms and legs in a crab-like position. Hako silently takes this opportunity to left his foot high above Austin's oversized head. In the space of a blink, the rest of Austin snaps back into place.

Every muscle in Austin's sword-arm tenses, and suddenly the blade has returned to its normal length and is glowing a fierce blue. He swings it upward in a wide arc, and Hako was suddenly equipped with half the regulation number of toes.

Processor whirring in overdrive, Hako quickly turns the stomp into a kick, and Austin is sent sliding across the ground. he rolls - six, seven, eight times. when he finally stops, he is once again delirious. In the sky, he sees a great red wyvern. On the ground, an earthworm fires a tiny bazooka at another.

Hako senses that the new vorpal blade has the same energy signature as his cannon. But since the blade has a defined length (an impossibility in itself)it is considerably more controlled... compressed. This new blade wouldn't reflect his beam - it would absorb it.

[If I run into him at the same time the sword runs into me - or sooner - the damage inflicted would be the same. However, what's "dangerous" to me is "obliterating" to him.]

Hako charges forward!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/21/2006 11:01 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

While charging forward, he changes his plans and decides to introduce something new.

Having observed the cutting power of the now enhanced blade, it wouldn't be wise to assume the blade wouldn't cause the kind of damage sustained before. He had to change this whole situation.

He could match the frequency of the human's blade with his photon cannon, but that would only interefere with it lightly, basically the blade would just suck it in. Nothing accomplished.

However, this was nothing all that foreign to him. He had the anayltical speed to determine the freqency and the logic to determine the safest and most simple solution to the problem.
His photon cannon may not be able to focus large amounts of high-energy EM radiation, but he could still use the waveguides to produce very exact pulses of not-biologically-harmful RF. Completely useless, except for perhaps one purpose...

At exactly 3.27318 Meters from the blade in the human's hand, Hako came to an abrupt and sudden stop, then fired a harmless pulse of electromagnetic radiation, of exactly the same amplitude and frequency as the blade's energy.
The distance caused the waves to inverse.

The human was stunned. Expecting Hako to just charge right into the blade, he now just picked it right out of his hands and flung it behind him.The energy in the blade had vanished. Distrupted by the precise interference.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/22/2006 12:13 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Austin's Lightsaber dissapated, and he was just 1 MP short of quick-casting it back. But to use an item or attempt an escape while the enemy was this close would be the last mistake he ever made. Time was short, and Hako was literally breathing down his neck. Then, a flash of insight - the shotgun!

With a deft arm-swing that would make David Copperfield flinch, the half-sword became an entire double-barreled shotgun, pointed directly at Hako.

[Petty ballistics cannot pierce my armor. You should know that by now.]

Suddenly, Austin points the gun between his legs and fires. The recoil somehow launches him high into the air. As soon as he is directly above Hako, he zooms downward with a Grand SLAM! His shoes land on Hako's back with ten times normal gravity; his fists land with twenty.

One thing is for certain. That dent will NOT "buff right out."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/24/2006 4:46 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

The damage to his armor put an unexpected strain on his power, but using the remaining functionality of his photon cannon, Hako was able to send a high-energy EM wave toward the human, high enough to cause hallucinations for a few hours.

If he couldn't directly kill the human, he could at least incapacitate him.

The human fell to the ground in a colorful haze. fascinated with his hands as reality turned into a world of shapes you smell, colors you hear and sounds you taste.

Hako determined that the human was no longer a threat in this altered state.

Hako's own desire to fight was quickly diminishing, along with his energy.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 5/24/2006 6:00 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Austin lost his head... again. This time, he had a vision. The vision blended with reality. Austin made reality his own. Hako turned and walked away.

Austin rose. Floated. His hands brimmed with energy. His eyes blazed with the fury of a thousand suns. Now, with a flick of his wrist, he could incinerate this beast which has caused him so much pain. He could win. He wanted to win.

No, you do not.
A robed figure appeard between Austin and Hako. If Hako noticed its presence, he did not show it.
You are the hero. Your destiny is to defeat evil in an epic battle. Hako is not evil. This battle is not epic, and was never meant to be. Thus, your goal is not to win, simply... not to lose.
Austin: But... if I do not strike, I will die!
That is why there are few heroes these days.
Austin: They die by relying on their opponent's mercy?
No. Because few can remain standing for what is right when the world crumbles around them.
Austin: Right here... right now... WHAT IS RIGHT?
Most of the time... you know you have done what is right when no one thinks you have done anything at all.

Austin understood, and the shadowy figure faded.
Hako considered finishing the dazed human off, before he used another... "truffle."
Austin slipped into Hako's mind, and instantly understood Hako completely, even more than Hako understood Hako.

Hako decided against it. As he slowly ambled toward the nearest recharging station, he began humming a tune he had never heard before...

"All my life I've felt like an outcast.
But not anymore, a thing of the past.
Feel the sun, got to run,
Feels like life has just begun.
All is new, different view
So many things that I will do...
I'm leaving behind the things I don't need...
And with confidence I'm planting the seed...

I'm still alive!
I'm ready to feel the wind in my hair...
I know there are so many things to share...
I was lost but now I'm found...
I'm still alive..."

THE END

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 2 - 20 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »