InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Martial Arts   » Vengence...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Vengence...
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 2/9/2007
The original Hako noticed something slightly unusual. He was just outside the city in his stylish, mid-century prefabricated 'lair' which was surrounded by a deceptively peaceful wild landscape when he noticed a sharp dip in the regular radio chatter. Indicative of only two things, a mass power-outage or some kind of catastrophic... um, catastrophe.
And judging by the burnt orange clouds rising from the city, it was the latter.

He opened the fins over the west window, normally closed in the afternoon to keep the lair's air-conditioning bill down, and saw that the view of the city was now significantly more "deconstructivist" than before. Buildings were torn in half, everything was on fire and there wasn't a single living thing to be found.

"I will find what did this... and I will destroy it...", he said.

He was different now. He had more cannons, more redundant power and was a lot faster.

The window opened up and folded out as his electronic thrusters lifted him up into the air. Then he rocketed out of the building toward the remains of the city.

From the air, he could more clearly see the damage.
"Why is it that they always attack downtown? When clearly it is the suburbs that are asking for it...", he said.

He landed at a site where it appeared as though a lot of fighting took place and found a very surreal and slightly macabre sight.
There were pieces and parts of what appeared to be miniature versions of himself strewn about. Some of them even impaled on pieces of rebar exposed from the surrounding structures' collapse.

"Disturbing...", he said, picking up one head, similar but smaller than his own. He quickly scanned it to find that it's anatomy was completely different though.

They were all remotely-controllable units with very limited processing power. Using only conventional silicon computers.

"Who ever made these is clearly responsible for the destruction of the city..."

He stood in the center of the city, still feeling the residual energy from the fight and the dead, he knew that what did this was still around. Since it had been controlling these drones from somewhere...

"Show yourself!", he yelled in no particular direction.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/13/2006 5:57 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 7/4/2007
(Is this an open spar? If it is, count me in!)

------------------------------------------------------------
Timanth - Martial Arts Teacher
Resident dragonmorph
Timanth - Fame:0 Karma:0
+10 Points for Guessing Right on Ahastar's Pic!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/13/2006 9:51 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Well, technically yes.
I was trying to invoke StompDragon primarily though.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/15/2006 6:18 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

If he doesn't show up soon can I just reply? You seem like a pretty good sparrer... *looks for someone who's talented in the story-writing department*

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/15/2006 9:04 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

OK, well I'm tired of waiting. So go ahead and you start, Timanth

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/16/2006 12:53 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 11/26/2006

Daww...i missed the 10:30 to sparsville... Guess ill wait for the 11:30

Good Luck Hako

StompyChar
stompychar-info.vze.com

Im a Dragon in Heart, a Dragon in Mind, i just look human. //StompyChar 
These Feet are made for Stomping, Thats just what the'll do, One of these days these feet will Stomp allover you!. //StompyChar

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/16/2006 6:12 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Timanth stood in the midst of the destruction around him. "Ruin...that's all it's come to." He crushed the head of one of the remote raptors in his hand, his mechanical parts glinting in the eerie fire light. A challenging voice rang out harshly across the wrecked cityscape, one that contained anger and rage.

Stepping through the crushed remains of buildings, the bronze dragon could feel the plaster and rubble crunching beneath his feet. Seeing a form up ahead, he headed toward it. What he saw made his eyeridges raise, but not by much.

"Strange," He thinks to himself, "He's an exact replica of those raptors I made...I wonder if...hmmm..."

"So...you are the famed Hako who I based my little drones upon," He hisses, "Useless, mindless things really...They do what I tell them, then extinguish themselves when I no longer have a use for them."

He contemplates the angry figure before him, his eyes whirling blue with apparent calm. Noting your seething, he allows an insolent smirk to emerge upon his face. "Looking for a fight, are we? I wouldn't be so bold, if I were you...few have faced me...and lived to tell the tale."

A wave of his arm, and a clearly-marked circle creates itself in the center of the wreckage, bordered by high piles of rubble not previously there before. Thick, heavy spires of rock stab up into the sky, unnatural in their shape and design.

"I shall enjoy fighting you, Hako...and when I win, I shall enjoy taking you apart piece by piece even more..."

A small pile of five metallic sheets of metal appear in his hand. They seem to glow with eerie colors, yellow and red and blue and green. But the ones that draw the eye the most is the black and white. The dark one does not radiate any light. Rather, it is like a black hole, sucking in any and all light from its surroundings. Even the raging fires of the cities flicker for a moment, all flames attracted toward the slowly pulsing vortex of nothingness. The white one, on the contrary, is painfully bright. It eminates sheer whiteness, pouring over the ground, covering it with a radiant, reflective glow. The only place it does not touch is the black card. The two rather seem to cancel each other out, the place where black meets white an area of normalcy in the auras of chaos that seem to suddenly surround the bronze dragon.

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/16/2006 9:08 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

"Effects. Is this all about some kind of pretty, high-energy consumption light show?", said Hako,
blasting backwards to a distance out of the way of the small coaxially-generated singularity.

Seeing the somewhat symmetrical and symbolistic logic of the phenomena taking place in the bronze dragon's vicinity, Hako reset his entire optical device. Clearing out the fairly psychodelic artifacts produced from the dragon's 'lightshow'.
Seeing now this was a confusion tactic, the black-hole was a regulated singularity.

Hako took aim with one of the photon cannons, a few pulses of gamma radiation would satisfy the gravity depression and neutralize it. He fired away and hit the black hole, blasting it into a bright sphere. Hako had to once again reset his optics to see clearly.

"Your cheap me knock-offs would have lasted longer and performed better if you had bothered to use nano-computers instead of silicon.", he said.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/17/2006 12:40 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Timanth worried for a moment as the darkness was momentarily blown away by a bright globe off light. After awhile, though, the blackness returned, swallowing up the blasts of the missiles as if they had never been there.

"You don't seem to understand, Hako, that this...this is not a black hole. It is not something you can fight, not anything tangible. Rather, it is the embodiment of the darkness that writhes within all of us, yes, even machines like you. I am a creature of magic born of technology, and that makes me all the more dangerous."

Picking up two of the thin metal sheets from his hand of six cards, he intones powerfully, "Vee-lectrowhip!" and launches them, spinning, at his opponent.

The yellow and white cards flare brightly, and seem to disappear as a bolt of pure energy streaks toward the mechanical raptor. It sparkles with unreleased might as the summoned lightning bolt speeds straight for his opponent. "This ought to short him out a little."

He smiles as he sees the attack strike home, blazing brightly in the raptor's chest before returning in the form of metallic cards to his hand.

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/17/2006 2:30 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Hako was launched back as the energy arced over him.
The illusions were continuing, if he was going to fight this battle at all, he was going to have to evolve a little.
And the only way to do that was to make some razzle-dazzle of his own.
He stopped in mid air, pushing his thrusters down and sprayed out a cloud of carbon dust.
Using his photon cannon, he emmited a monopole pulse of gamma radiation, instantly forming a layer of plasma on the outside of the cloud.
He appeared as a ball of bright blue light for a short time.
He finally emerged with a few changes:
His armor was boxy, and glossy white and grey. His eyes black with tiny red pinpoint dots.
The plasma ball had bought him just enough time to expand his sensory capabilities to filter out the electromagnetic intereference caused by the dragon's methods.

"Now I see through your once arcane illusions, dragon.", he said as he directed patterned electromagnetic pulses toward the creature just as it had done to him.

They rattled the ground as they struck their target, disorienting it with the grinding barrage of pure science.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 19 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »