InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Martial Arts   » Vengence...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Vengence...
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 7/4/2007
Timanth turned his way this way and that, his vision distorted by the overwhelming load of information his opponent was putting into him. "How..I can't...ugh...technology off!"

With that, the bronze dragon's metallic parts seem to fade away, melting into his body. The next time he looks up, his eyes whirl pure anger as the red orbs hold your gaze. His entire body is now fully organic, with no metallic sensors and no technological parts.

"You didn't think electromagnetic interference was going to fool my organic part, did you?"

He launches into the air, matching your height, selecting another two cards from his hand, deep blue and the yellow again. "You want light, you got it. Sui-Vakron!"

A huge torrent of electrically charged water surges out of the space the two cards had been before, heading straight toward the mechanical raptor. He barely has time to dodge before the wall of water hits, first soaking him with ion-saturated water, then sending a pulse of energy through him so potent it shorts out LEDs along his tail.

"People say pure water doesn't conduct electricity. That's why this water is ion-saturated with one of the best electrolytes out there...table salt."

------------------------------------------------------------
Timanth - Martial Arts Teacher
Resident dragonmorph
Timanth - Fame:0 Karma:0
+10 Points for Guessing Right on Ahastar's Pic!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/18/2006 10:22 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 2/9/2007
Hako falls straight out of the sky into a wet heap on the ground.
He was motionless and silent as though everything inside him had just instantly stopped functioning.

Timanth uncharged his cards. Assuming he had just done it. Simply drenching him was all it took. He approached cautiously.

"Now to see what made you tick...", he said, as he looked closely at it. Starting with the chest.

He worked the powerless latches open and was able to open a panel, letting it slide under another. He peered inside...

Expecting to find wires and other electronic viscera, he was dissapointed to find that everything was well insulated in brass-plated conduits. There was a multitude of thick cables and fiber-optic lines and finally, a soccer-ball-shaped bluish-grey device, with cables running in and out of it, veins of material, inexplicably appearing as though they were moving about around it...

"Oh, goddamn it...", said the dragon quietly as he soon realized... Hako was not dead at all.

The sliding panel quickly shut on it's own and Hako sent a claw straight for the dragon's heart with a sudden burst of energy.
The dragon was able to move fast enough to avoid the direct hit, but the claw still entered the dragon's chest, avoiding organs, but still leaving a wound and some substances inside

"Water and electrolytes... You think it's that easy? I'm not silicon like those remote-control puppets... I grow back"

He released the dragon, throwing him to the other side of the arena.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/19/2006 6:28 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Timanth growfed as he felt himself being hurled through the air, barely righting himself in time to land, skidding, on the ground. His claws tore out mounds of dirt as they scrabbled in the hard ground, and his sliding soles sent up a huge dust cloud behind him.

He panted as he held his chest with one paw, blood flowing in rivulets down his front. "Damn...he got me a good one there..." The bronze dragon couldn't stem the blood flow, and he had trouble concentrating as he grew dizzy from blood loss.

"Deuce...who would have thought that this machine could regenerate...? I gotta finish this fast...guess I'll have to beat him down until he can't rise anymore!"

The cards in his hand started to glow, and they weren't glowing so beautifully anymore. Their light threw harh shadows and jagged edges of color wherever they illuminated. He grinned as he plucked the red, white and black cards from the pile.

"Holy Fire!"

Suddenly, the ground opened up beneath the raptor, and burning flames seared upwards from the ground, encasing the mechanical being with a deep red flame. Meanwhile, white heat rained down from the sky, sizzling and melting buildings it touched. The bronze dragon grinned as he saw Hako encased in a whirling maelstrom of fire.

"Heh, you're finished...what?!"

He could see the raptor through the firestorm, burned but not down. "How can this be..." With horror, he realized the raptor was channeling the heat from the fire to fuel his own energy source.

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/19/2006 8:07 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

"This is some interesting geological phenomena...", said Hako from within the cloud of ash. He emerged from it, his once glossy grey and white armour now scorched. It's once iPod-like sheen now dull and covered in carbon deposits.

He opened his mouth, revealing another cannon. The nozzle extended some and the sound of heavy equipment started coming from the mechanical dinosaur.

The dragon quickly scrambled to find the card combinations and spells to block another energy attack.

"Goddess Wall!", he said as a translucent white static field appeared in front of him.

Hako then shot from his mouth cannon, not energy, but... a gooey, petroleum-based substance.

"... what the hell is tha...", said the Dragon as the gelatin went straight through the energy barrier and knocked him back.
The substance wasn't even harmful, it was just... completely unexpected.

"I don't think I want to kill you anymore...", said Hako,
"Your arcane powers of the intangible are something my species... lacks.
I see a great potential in using it for our purposes...
I know you already have the nanites, but you are still very irrevocably organic as you currently are... and thus subject to the whims of your gods...

Join us and our powers will be far greater. And you will be liberated from time and organic mortality...

Or you could, you know... just die or something."

Two large, very sharp needles came out of two of his back-cannons. Both pointed straight at the dragon, his bleeding only temporarily stemmed by the gelatin.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/19/2006 9:32 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Timanth spit out goo from his muzzle, listening with the utmost contempt to the words that his opponent spewed forth from his mouth. He still clutched at the gash in his chest, and the fainting feeling from loss of blood refused to leave him. But a new feeling filled him now, a rage so powerful it knocked all thoughts of his wounds away. He stands up slowly, the cards that contain that terrible arcane power blazing in his hand.

"You have no idea who you are dealing with..." He grates out, hurling spells of all elements as he enunciates each word. Bombs of fire and water ignite around the mechanical raptor, sending bursts of pure primal energy through the buildings and over the robot. Lightning sizzles on the air, and the earth itself buckles beneath the might of the element-controlling metal sheets.

"I am not a creature to be trifled with...I am not a being to be mocked...and above all, I am not a dragon who will just lay down and die!"

He hurls the black card at the raptor, an infinite sucking vortex of darkness that doesn't suck him in, but absorbs all the light and electrical energy emitting from him, effectively shutting off his cannons.

"I was born of technology, the product of two genius minds who were condemned for their illegal experimentation with DNA-nanotech hybrids. I was infused with life as I lived the first few years of my existence as an organic, never realizing my potential. I was rebaptized with steel, realizing my true power as I struck down countless people protecting the ones I loved. I was tempered with magic, taken in by a wizard's sect after finding out I could not save the ones I killed others to protect... And now...now I a being to be reckoned with, one that can use both technology and magic...now, you are mine!"

He hurls himself at the raptor, and suddenly, it's as if he's split himself into three, no, four! They are all identical, and to the robot's dismay, are not holograms. Each blow landed is a dent in his armor, each slash from the blade in his arm produces a shrieking screech from metal upon metal. The bronze dragon finally leaps back, panting heavily from his exertions, the gelatin now worn off, his chest wound bleeding feely again.

"How long will it take both you machines and organics to realize that as long as you both exist there cannot be peace?"

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/19/2006 10:07 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

His armor had enough, first the fire, now the dents.
So Hako instinctually decided to take this to a different place. Somewhere he could more effectively fight this.
Hako blasted upward from the barrage below.

From up in the clouds, he unfolded another back cannon, this one a lot longer than the others.

As expected, the dragon used his magic to follow him up there.

Aiming directly for the dragon's heart, once again. Hako waited until the dragon was very close, just ten feet away and...

*Shhhiiinnnnkk*

A powerful pneumatic blast plunged the long metal rod that was inside the cannon directly into the oncoming dragon.

He spat up blood upon the mechanical dinosaur's dented, dulled and grinded armor. The metallic cards falling from his claws to the ground below.

"Then there will never be peace.", said Hako.

He then retracted the blade-rod and pushed the dragon down to the ground.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/20/2006 2:26 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Timanth seems surprised that a huge stick of steel has apparently buried itself in his chest. The metallic cards fall from his hands, leaving deep gauge marks in the ground. "I can retrieve them later," He thinks to himself, "I have to focus now on the task at hand. I have no choice...I have to go full metal."

Using the last of his organic energy, he sheds his biological form like a skin, the material flopping to the ground looking for all the world like shed skin. His entire body is now a light-reflecting chrome, the metal pole seeming to be a part of his body. And in a way, it is. With the pole retracting, the dragon fills himself in, the nanobots working furiously to keep him alive. Blood still drips from some unseen source from his back, flowing in thick, oxygen-rich streams toward the ground.

This macabre creature slowly raises his head, and the gaze he fixes his opponent with is devoid of all emotion. Without any organic conscience to hold him back, he lunches forward in the air and plunges his hand into Hako's chest a la Smith.

What he does is basically the same thing as well. Sending the tiny nanobots forward, he commands them to completely reprogram the mechanical raptor into an obediant robot, without any free will whatsoever. But he can feel the mech resisting this vile intrusion, and clumps of nanobots start to swarm back, attacked by something that they cannot comprehend. But still the now-chrome dragon pushes on, inch by inch, slowly subverting the raptor he holds in his grasp.

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/20/2006 6:54 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

The MZA6-c programming in each tiny atomic-scale computer in every nanite in Hako's Doratchai body receded into to structural passive operation in order to preserve itself.
"Not again!", he screamed. The old command operating system emerging from areas of him that had been re-allocated long ago, when his variation of the species was liberated by the hardware anomaly.
"I will not be a weapon again!", he blasted every single pneumatic device, extension rod and energy weapon he could. But he lacked the power to even aim so it did little against this threat.

Soon, the lights in his eyes dimmed. His organic interface systems that were for so long supressed, grew back and came online. The hardware anomaly cowered and retreated to a recessive state.
"No...", his vocal system was reduced to roars and growls.

Using the small amount of processing power in his subconsious, he reflected cinematically for a moment:
"Eryndha. I have failed you. I thought I might find you someday again... take you back from them... Now it looks like I'll be with you, as another slave in their army. Eryndha... We are both monsters now..."

The dragon brought the machine to the ground. Seeing that the supression of the creature's autonomy was sucessful. He plugged into his new weapon:

BASIC INTERFACE DEVICE
AMI BIOS 80386DX @ 33MHz
07/12/1988 BIOS VERSION 2.7

COMBAT SYSTEM DETECTED:
Z.O.S. v6.12 DORATCHAI
65,535 KB OK

INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
##HH@H(999883AAAAAAAAAAHhhHEEEe33213333

>YOU CANNOT KEEP ME LIKE THIS FOREVER...

444%%TTt!@@0NN
NNNNON SYSTEM DISK OR DISK DRIVE ERROR:
ABORT/RETRY/FAIL?

The unit was no longer a threat. He unplugged from the mechanical dinosaur, took it to his lair, and set it along side several other mechanical theropods.
Their eyes all empty. An emptiness that is characterized by a cold, emotionless stare only interupted by the slight pierce of melancholy. A red dot illuminating a solid panel. The optical device that sees actions committed in first person, not by the machine's own will, but by the will of another.

The End

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/21/2006 2:27 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Timanth sighs as he brings the mech to the ground, exhausted and panting heavily, albeit his machine form keeps him from running down and collapsing from exhaustion.

"It's over...It's finally over..." He manages to choke out, donning his organic skin again and retrieving the cards from the ground.

He looks over the familiar command promp-like lines of text that scroll across the screen. An anomaly in the programming catches his eye, and he studies it for a moment.

"No...I cannot keep you like this forever, Hako, but you will remain here, in my cave, until the world freezes over, and your kind can come into your place on the earth, not hunted down like pack animals. But until then, until then, you stay here, with others of your kind.

When that time is reached, even if I am long far and gone, the hardware anomaly will reactivate, and you and your companions will wake, and behold a new world, one where you can truely live.

The end, Hako? I hardly think so...it won't be the end for a long, long time."

With that, the dragon palmed the arcane and technological locks to his lair, designed to foil all intruders. Doors slammed shut, magical wards came into place, and an electric field came up. The bronze beast shook his head sadly and looked up at the sky, where he knew the ones he loved now resided,

"Gailias, Syron...and you most of all, Xibur...There is nothing else we can hope for, except the peace that all of us have fought for. For now, I keep these beings under guard and my control, awaiting the day when they can finally be free..."

Saying those words, he took to the sky again, surveying the world that would change, change eventually, but oh how painfully slow it would change. And change would come, inevitably, clearing out all organic life to may way for the more durable, mechanical species.

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 2 - 19 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »