InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Martial Arts   » The Escape  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

The Escape
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 2/9/2007
There was a sharp flash in the gattai dragon's eyes.
"outdated?", the 0078H component was furious.

He summoned forth his army.
"Kaden Doroi-kai!", he roared.

A swarm of tiny mechanical raptors came about. All of them armed with sharp pointy weapons. They plunged their claws and horns into the bronze dragon, burrowing inside it. Devouring it alive.

"Argument Insufficient. You have yet to convince us that our purpose in invalid and you continue to intend to compromise that purpose. You must be terminated.", said the gattai dragon.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/3/2006 8:55 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 7/4/2007
Timanth bellowed in pain as he felt the robot raptors dug into his body. Summoning his auxillary energy reserves, he managed to summon the yellow and white cards into his hand and croak out. "Static sphere!"

Instantly, the writing inside his body stopped, and he was able to stand once more.

"If you fail to see your error in programming, I will have to terminate YOU."

"Crystal Mirrors!"

A cage of reflections surrounded his opponent, which would not break, and refracted the image millions of billions of times, confusing even the combined power of all three advanced processors.

"And now to finish them...Water...fire...earth...wind...light...dark..." He traced a hexagram in the air, each of the points burning brightly with elemental energy.

"These are the most basic forms of the substance man calles 'High Magic.' Together, they form the most potent spells known, ever. You made a mistake, Hako...while you drained energy from me, you forgot the stored arcane energy in the cards...and this will be your last mistake. Ether blast!"

It seemed like a ghost materialized, a shapless, grey form that flowed out of a sudden tear in space-time. The form drifted through the cage of mirrors and out the other end, stealing all warmth, electricity, and power with it. The entire circled area the form had possessed suddenly became cold, dark, and devoid of all energy, even light.

Timanth could see the lifeless form of his opponent standing in the circle where nothing could live for a million years.

Panting heavily, searching for any signs of life, he waited...and waited... "Is it...finally over...?"

------------------------------------------------------------
Timanth - Martial Arts Teacher
Resident dragonmorph
Timanth - Fame:0 Karma:0
+10 Points for Guessing Right on Ahastar's Pic!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/4/2006 10:27 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

The gattai dragon spilt into three pieces again. Two of them still alive, one of them dead.

Using to differential between the energy outside and the anti-energy within the affected area, the units were able to restore power.

"0078H?", the minidragon poked the fried mechanical allosaur.
"0078H is dead.", said Hako

Noticibly distraught by this the minidragon continued to nose the lifeless body.

"0078H will be reinstalled in another unit. He will be back again when this is over.", said Hako.

The minidragon turned toward the bronze dragon,
"Do you know why I gave up organic life for this? Do you know why I abandoned that? It's because of this. Organic life is just like a show, it's entertainment to you. You impose ridiculous rules upon it and through basic manipulation of nature, scare it into worshipping you. You call them pathetic because they are, but they're only that way because of what you've done to them.

I left that because these machines, although they really are just that, machines. They understand what's really important. They might not have souls in the traditional sense of the word, but they certainly know what makes a 'soul'. Our grand purpose is to eliminate that which threatens the existence and continuation of intelligence. Because <i>that</i> is the essence of what makes a soul. Without intelligence there is no order, no chaos. There is only matter and energy without form. Even nature requires some degree of intelligence instantiated in it to exist. You call this a 'cycle'? This is not a cycle. Cycles happen upon their own momentum. They require no intervention to happen. This is not a cycle at all, this is absolute destruction. This is breaking the natural cycles and simply ending something. It is against the nature of things to just end, everything must go somewhere."

Using another burst of yang qi the minidragon cleared the magical activity around him.

"You're still using platonic elements. But... do you understand those elements? Do you know what they are made of? Do you really understand, objectively, their nature?".

The minidragon jumped on hako and in another burst of light and cyrstalline form, the gattai dragon was restored.

The dragon extended a crystal in the direction of the cards.

"All of these elements are combinations of things with specific properties. Except light and dark. Such elements are merely illusions produced through manipulation of combinations of elements. Light is presence of energy, Dark is absence. Such things are... not substantial"

Producing a fiery emblem full of runic language, from the crystal released a fiery dragon, it consumed the metallic cards and took on their qualities.

"Fire, like a living thing, respirates, reproduces and consumes.", said the gattai dragon.

The serpentine fire dragon coiled overhead. The bronze dragon watched it cynically.

Then from the crystal emerged a rushing torrent of water. Another serpentine dragon, made of rushing water. Flashing points of energy running all throughout it. The fire dragon responded to it by launching the yellow card into it. The water dragon roared as it shimmered wildly.

The gattai dragon brought back the crystals. Then the elemental dragons coiled around it.

The bronze dragon looked on in horror as the three dragons absorbed into eachother and became one.

Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Energy. This new gattai dragon was part elemental, part machine, part nature.

MY WEBSITE

"There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in it's potentialities, so absolutely terifying, that even man, the fighter, who would dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appaled, and so abandon war forever."
- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/4/2006 3:12 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Timanth listened to contempt at the other dragon's lecture.

"You presume to lecture ME about life? You, who have abandoned all semblence of life except your form, dare to tell ME what cycles are? You are not listening.

"I am not worshipped, nor am I hated. They did not even know I existed, until now. Your intervention in the natural affairs of the organics has forced me to reveal myself. You brought this upon yourselves, and as a result, you will pay the price.

"The cycle is not one that can be broken by machines, or by any ordinary means. It will keep on going, life, death, rebirth, until the end of the organics arrives. Remove an element, and everything will collapse into chaos. It will disintigrate, and I cannot let you do that."

He watched with some small amazement as the energies of the elemental cards were combined within the mechanical dragon. "I applaud your efforts, Hako...not even I could manage such a feat. But perhaps the reason I do not try is not wholly because I cannot do it. You must realize that within each of those cards is the stored maximum potentials of all the basic elements of creation. Water and earth create life, and fire razes it down. Light in air creates electricity grounded in an instant in the earth. With all the stored potential within you, Hako, surely you realize that no matter how great your control, these elements will fight each other and eventually cancel each other out?"

And so it was. The terrible destruction that Hako sought to wreak upon Timanth did not even have a chance to start. It petered out, like a brief drizzle, unsure of whether it would go forward or simply die out.

Timanth could only watch as steam hissed out as the fire boiled the water, and the water smothered the fire. The earth eroded under the pressure of wind, but in doing so, it blocked the wind from ever escaping, eventually making it die out with no continuing force to drive it. And finally, the light and dark consumed each other and disappeared, as if they had never been.

As the now-mechanical raptor floated back down to earth, the bronze dragon looked sadly at him, "You will never realize the potential for destruction you contain within you. You will never know why I have pursued each oue of you and kept you in that cave. You will never understand why I do battle with you now, because after all, you are only machines, no matter what you were before."

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/4/2006 11:53 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

During the entire process, the once lifeless body of 0078H finally came back online. Standing behind the bronze dragon as it pitied the rest of the gattai dragon.

0078H wasn't very big on witty things to say right before killing something.

So he silently extended his claws through the dragon's head, paralyzing it instantly.

"Gotcha", said Hako and the minidragon, almost depleted of energy but aiming what little they had remaining at the bronze dragon. From two sides came a lethal mixture of Yang qi and Microwave energy. But perhaps what made this more dangerous was the presence of 0078H's claw lodged firmly inside the bronze dragon's skull.

Then 0078H jabbed another claw, through the dragon's back and into his heart. The circuit was complete, the yang qi supressed the dragon's magic, while the microwave energy heated 0078H's claws. Finally the capacitance of the bronze dragon's body was exceded and the electricity arced from the claw in the skull to the claw in the heart.

There was no roar of pain, no flinch, no twitch. The dragon simply exploded. The physical compromize was far too great, and his access to magic was too hindered by the claw in his brain. Tiny pieces of melted material, organic viscera and cooked nano material rained down.

"Target terminated. Purpose fulfilled.", said the allosaur, allowing the blood and gore to drip from his claws.

"I'm sure we haven't destroyed him. He'll return again. To a different world, but he'll be back. Someday. Creatures like that do not just go away that easily.", said Hako.

"As for this world. It's time for healing. Now intelligence can run it's course", said 00FFFF.

With that, the mechanical reptiles seperated and returned to their homes. Hako remained in the city, returning to his colorful, boxy lair. Watching the city nearby. The battle was a reminder of just how fragile the miracle of intelligence really can be.

He began the process to rebuild and implement new systems. The fusion with elemental spiritual constructs had collected invaluable data towards the utilization of such things. The data he had brought together by absorbing all of that went straight into the Central Awareness, and it was grateful. Already preparing the weaponization of platonic elements.

"Mission accomplished. Now downloading reassignment...", said the system as Hako layed sprawled out on the floor of his cubist lair. Cables connecting all over him as he healed.

The End
For Now.

MY WEBSITE

- Thomas Edison

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 7/5/2006 7:54 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Timanth floated in the ether, pondering the recent demise of his body. It felt...strange to be without one. Amused, he pondered what form he should take next.

After all, this was only the beginning...

Resident dragonmorph
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 2 - 16 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »