InstantForum.NET v3.4
Home
Login Register Member List
Old Forums - READ ONLY   » Lava Dome University   » Martial Arts   » Brawl - Open to All!  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Brawl - Open to All!
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 12/11/2009
(Overdrive: 13 + 14 (too large) = 13/20)

Austin sails up, up, up... and over the ropes, and is deftly caught by two refs.

*CLANG!* "Ring Out! Round two to Nosferatu!" ... "Is there a White Mage in the house?"

(20 minutes later - both overdrives are now zero)

Austin has returned to the ring, cleared of his greivous wounds. The lesser wounds are still visible. At the sound of the bell, Austin thups his gloves together and they ignite into white-hot flame, but still showing unharmed gloves underneath. He stiffly approaches Nosferatu with a cold stare that sharply contrasts the blazing gloves.

--------------------------------

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 9/11/2006 9:37 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 7/1/2007

(Overdrive 13/20)

Nosferatu grins at his opponents determination.

"That's more like it! Let's get this thing going!"

He snaps his fingers, and entrails of dark crimson color shoot from his knuckles and around the veins in his arms, like snakes. After glancing at Austin's own blazing gloves, he attacks, jabbing at his opponent. Austin blocks the attack easily, then lets the vampire a good one in the chest followed by another quick swing to the neck. The vampire chokes for a second, then slides his neck bone back into place, smirking. This should be fun, he thinks to himself. He lunges at Austin again, fakes a punch and spins, a kick connecting with Austin's chest, then swings with concentrated fury. His opponent blocks the attacks expertly; with each impact there is a small explosion, like bloody fireworks going off between them.

"I am neither good, nor bad, neither angel nor devil, I am a man, I am a vampire."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 9/14/2006 10:02 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

(Overdrive: 19/20!)

Austin does not regret sacrificing his sense of touch and emotions to power his Fire enchantment. Actually, he coudn't if he wanted to. All that mattered now was victory.

Austin jumps backward to avoid a rapid sweep, then pounds his gloves together. As he seperates the twin flames, a pillar of flame connects them. Austin leaps over his enemy, his gloves shooting out a continuous flame that stops just above the floor. Austin lands facing Nosferatu's back, and he brings his gloves together once again, completing a ring of flame. Then, he uses his Burst ability (having so much overdrive suddenly at his disposal) to combine the Fire Ring with Volcano. Suddenly, a wall of molten magma shoots upward from the ring, arcing toward the center until the magically-guided flow closes (yet continues flowing within itself) at a point two feet above Nosferatu's head.

The refs can't believe it. The crowd goes wild. Austin has, on his first attempt ever, successfully created... a LAVA DOME! And now it is rapidly constricting toward Nosferatu in all directions!

Dedicated to all those who stepped on this sacred ground (and its inhabitants), determined Da Dome "wasn't for them" and left without a word.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 9/19/2006 7:39 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

(Overdrive 16/20)

The vampire tenses. The heat starts to peel flesh off his face. He realizes he has to do something, and quick, to get out of this dangerous situation; he doesn't get along with heat very well.

But as he looks around frantically he realizes there is no practical way out. Ah, what the hell... when the superheated liquid rock is fairly close to enclosing him, he leaps through it. The pain is sudden, but only momentary as his skin and muscle is charred. On his face, his pale visage has peeled away so that part of his skull is exposed. He puts all his weight onto his side and slingshots back at Austin with a hard punch to the stomach. Austin staggers, but is able to recuperate and swipes at Nosferatu, gloves blazing. He dodges and tries to retaliate, but his dark attack also misses it's mark. Snakelike streams of shadow streak past his opponent and start to dissolve the sides of the ring.

"I am neither good, nor bad, neither angel nor devil, I am a man, I am a vampire."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 9/23/2006 5:57 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

(Overdrive: 19 - 10 (Burst) + 2 = 11/20)

After watching darkness somehow take a corporeal form, Austin chooses this moment to put his elemental manipulation skills to the test. He pounds his gloves together once again, transferring the flame energy from the left glove to the right. The flame then forms a solid circle about three feet in diameter, the center always touching the business end of the glove.

With his new "fire shield", Austin alternates between jabbing his opponent and blocking with the shield. Then he whirls the shield around like a discus and (by pointing his glove toward the floor) slashes Nosferatu across the middle!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/3/2006 8:12 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

(Overdrive 11+3=14/20)

The move hits hard. Flesh peels back and blood starts to run down Nosferatu's chest. He glares at Austin and snarls. Animalistic instinct almost takes over, ridding him of his sense of logic, but he keeps his rage in check. Nosferatu tries to get a blow in, but Austin's flaming defense does it's job well. A decision has to be made, and fast. The vampire dodges a few attacks, but is wearing out. He tries to focus all of his strength into his fist; he draws his arm back and lets loose. The accompanying adrenal rush allows him to react quickly; as the floor below him disintegrates, swallowed by a visible darkness, he jumps; Austin, taken aback by this sudden unprecedented tactic, starts to fall. A kick from his opponent connects with the side of his head. Lights seem to dance in his skull as the attack connects. The feeling of pain is minimal, but for a few seconds Austin leaves himself unprotected.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/9/2006 9:43 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

(Overdrive: 11/20 + 4 = 15/20)

Tumbling through the darkness, Austin has lost complete sight of his opponent. A few seconds later, he falls through the other end of the tunnel of darkness, which is somehow five feet above where he entered. (Wow, that was trippy!) he thinks. He lands flat on his back, and Nosferatu is immediately upon him. Just when Austin is about to succomb to a concussion, he manages to pound his gloves together one more time. The result is a massive surge of flame that almost pierces Nosferaru's chest, as well as rocketing toward the ceiling atop the red geyser. then, as quick as it came, the geyser is gone, leaving nothing between Nosferatu and the ground but 60 feet of... well, nothing.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/10/2006 7:01 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

(Overdrive 18/20)

Nosferatu is partially blinded by the flaming onslaught but is quick to notice that he is no longer on the ground. He reacts quickly, focusing for a moment and sending a torrent of dark energy to the ground. The startegy works, but after a few seconds blinding pain hits him in the chest and he drops to the floor with a loud, sick crunching noise.

Nosferatu gets up slowly, retches, and throws up a fountain of blood. He wipes some of the red liquid off his chin, grinning slightly. That was an attack, all right. He bows in partial acknowledgment of his opponent; his gloves still pulsing with energy, he prepares to finish off his opponent.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/13/2006 5:18 PM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

*CLANG!*

Nosferatu steps back, although it is clear he meant to step forward. Austin is already on the ropes, maintaining his icy stare. One of the refs jumps up to the ring and mops up the mess. Another ref calls the attention of both combatants.

Ref: "Sir Nosferatu! Are you still able to fight?"
Nosferatu: "Yes."
Ref: "You appear to be missing a few vital organs!"
Nosferatu: "... Don't need 'em."
Ref: "Well... we're counting that round in favor of Austin. Two more rounds left. You only need one more round to win."
Nosferatu: "Sounds good."
Ref: "And... there'll be no killing here. Is that clear?"
Nosferatu: ......
Austin: ......
Nosferatu: "Yeah."
Ref: "Good. Round four is a go!"
Bell: *CLANG!*

(Overdrive: 0/20 + 6 = 6/20)

As Nosferatu approaches, Austin looks down and crosses his arms at the wrists, but not in a postion effective for blocking. Just before Nosferatu swings, Austin looks up - and Nosferatu strikes air. Austin has dodged literally instantly. Simple time manipulation. You'd think it would be a bigger drain on one's aura.

Nosferatu lashes out with what remians of his cape, but the cloud misses by far, for Austin has blinked himself behind his opponent. Before he can turn, he recieves a strong elbow, so strong it sends him flying through his own cloud of darkness. Not that it does anything. But on the other side is... Austin again! A brutal knee-fist combo sends Nosferatu to the center of the ring.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/18/2006 9:00 AM

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

(Overdrive 8+7=15/20)

The attack suprises Nosferatu, a trickle of blood flowing from his mouth. The start of a new round opens up more possibilities, and he is determined to end it. He mutters to himself, quickly dodging another attack htta almost connects. His carelessness was not without reason; upon looking at his opponent with an evil smirk on his face, the lights seem to go out for a split second. Austin jerks around, under the imperssion that Nosferatu has shattered the lights again, then suddenly recieves a series of punches to the chest and staggers.

Austin was blissfully decieved for that short moment - The lights aren't out, he is blind. Temporarily, at least, but he doesn't know that. Noskeratu kicks his feet out from under him and nearly breaks his ribs with a kick.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 3 of 4 - 37 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »